Eighteen Realizations

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Iseul knocked at the door frantically, "Jaehyun!" 
Jaehyun opened the door with a smile, "What took you so long?" 
Iseul's jaw fell open, "You--you look completely fine!" She clenched her fist, "Why the heck did you call me!?" If he didn't have a good explanation, Iseul's hands might go flying and hit him straight in the nose. 

"I am now--but you see, I was looking for my favorite shirt, and I couldn't find it anywhere, so I thought 'I should get her help.' " 
Iseul stared at him with a deadpan expression, "You freaking jerk!" Jaehyun's forehead creased, "Would it be better if I said I wanted an excuse to see you," he winked. 
Iseul tried to ignore the heat rising to her cheeks. "I was at the powpow amusement park when you called, I had to rush all the way here!" 

Jaehyun winced, "Oh...sorry." He drew the last word out as if he wasn't sure what to say. "Since you're already here; do you want to go on a walk?" He rubbed the back of his neck. Iseul rolled her eyes but nodded, "I guess since I'm already here." 

~~~~

"Why do you look so mad still?" Jaehyun asked as they entered the garden, they took a seat on the familiar bench from over a month ago. "I already apologized." 

"You'll need to apologies to Taeyong too, that's who I was with."

Jaehyun feigned a smile, "You were out with Taeyong?" Iseul nodded, not thinking about it. 

"Yea-" 

"Are you guys dating?" 

Iseul froze, "Excuse me?" She whipped her head to the side to look at him, "No, we aren't. We're just friends." 

Jaehyun exhaled, "Then you need to be careful, the news outlets like to follow him around to. Do you realize how bad it will be if people think my wife was cheating on me with the chancellor?" His voice was rising slightly, Iseul looked at him in disbelief, "Are you getting upset with me right now? Also! I'm not your wife." Her voice rose to match his. "And I'm not going to be! So how about you all stop pushing it onto me!" Iseul's hand rose to cover .

Jaehyun looked away from her. His heart sunk at her words. 

Since when did he let her have this effect on him? And why was she always in his mind, no matter how many times he tried to make the image of her smile leave. 
He felt glued to his seat as a realization hit him. 

"Iseul, you're going to think I'm crazy," his voice came out forced and low, "I think I'm crazy..." He trailed off. 

Iseul waited for him to speak, he better have a good explanation for why he was getting mad at her. 

"I think I like you." 

Her heart stopped, "Huh?" is all she could say.  Jaehyun stood up, "I'm sorry for calling you back, and for pushing you into something you don't want to do." he started walking back towards the castle. "Good night." He mumbled. 

Iseul stayed in her spot. Mark walked towards her from across the yard. 

"What...just happened?" She shook her head, "I...I'm not sure." 

~~~~~~

Two weeks had passed since then. During that week they hadn't talked, he had pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter