Thirteen Million Metaphors

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

How long can things stay calm? 

A question with no definite answer. 

Some people might know, or have an idea, Iseul thought she'd at least have a few weeks. 

But in reality; she had a day. Because Monday morning  rolled around, meaning the first play rehearsal of the week came as well. 

Just as she was about to get off of the stage and walk over to her bodyguard, some other members of the play stayed back and chatted but Iseul wasn't close with them, so her plan was to just leave, but that plan was ruined by a soft hand grabbing her wrist. 

Mark stood up a little straighter as he saw Jungwoo grab his charges wrist. 

Iseul tilted her head, "Yes?" She asked expectantly, after all why would he stop her if he didn't have something on the tip of his tongue? 

"Can we talk?" Jungwoo asked, he was looking around and seemed overall more jumpy than usual. Perhaps jumpy isn't the right word--he seemed more cautious and secretive than ever before. But Iseul had nothing but good words to say about the boy, so of course she'd agree and dismiss his state. 

"Sure, what's eating you?" Jungwoo smiled as he pulled her more off to the side, away from the prying eyes and ears of gossip hungry young adults. 

 

"Where were you during the last dance, the one were the princess arrived?" Iseul was prepared for this question, Haechan had warned her about how people will notice every small thing, and every person--even if they are usually insignificant--when they are trying to solve a mystery. And right now Iseul was the biggest mystery. 

"I had left for one of the other rooms," she tiptoed very carefully between a lie and the truth. 
"Why were you gone so long?" He asked, Iseul's forehead creased, "Are you really going to ask that?" She was hoping he'd get her hint, she wanted him to think she had gone to the bathroom. 

Jungwoo rubbed the back of his neck, "Then, can I do one more thing?" Iseul eyes him, wearily, but nodded. 

Jungwoo's hand shot up and covered her eyes, leaving just the lower half of her face exposed. Iseul didn't catch on to what he was trying to see, but, Mark did. 
Within a second Mark had moved Jungwoo's hand and stood between the two, a kind smile plastered on his face, 
"We have to get going, our first class is about to start." Mark said, lucky for them, todays rehearsal was before classes so it gave them a reason to leave suddenly and cut off the conversation. 

Which is just what they did. 

Up until Iseul and Mark were out of the room, Jungwoo's curios eyes never left them. 
 

"Maybe I'm just being stupid". Jungwoo said under his breath.

------------------


Iseul quickly sat down her tray of food, so she could answer her ringing phone. The name that appeared on the screen made her forehead crease. 

Jerky Guy

Why would Jaehyun be calling? She didn't waste anymore time, she slipped into her chair as she pressed the phone to her ear, 
"Elo?" Jaehyun didn't waste time on pleasantries, "Come to the school garden." And the line cut. 

Iseul looked at Mark, "This place has a garden?" 

 

"What's so important that you had to pull me away from lunch?" Jaehyun said nothing, instead he lifted up a piece of paper. Said paper had a huge red 'D' on it's corner. 
Iseul held back a snort, "You got a D?" Jaehyun put his finger to , "Shh, don't say it so loudly, do you know how bad it would be if everyone found out their prince was failing?" Iseul swatted his hand away, "Can't you retake the test?" She asked. 

"Yeah, but I have absolutely no understanding on calculus." 

"What does this have to do with me?" Iseuls mind was still on her wasted lunch. "I need you to tutor me." Iseul scrunched her nose, "Can't you ask one of your friends, or get a professional tutor." Jaehyun moved his eyes from her, "I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter