Eleven Cinderella Stories

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You are all dismissed," everyone began to stand, "except Chancellor Lee." The king said in his even voice. 

They waited for everyone else to leave before the king spoke again, 

"You will be attending the ball tonight, no?" Taeyong nodded his head, "I will be, Sir." The king smiled, 

"I have a favor to ask of you, Chancellor Lee." Taeyong couldn't help but stand a little straighter, "I'm sure I can be of help." He said. 

The king chuckled, "That's what I like about you, you know when I hired you everyone told me 'He's too young'. But over these last few years you've proved to be far more reliable then those, said people." Taeyong held back a triumphant smile, he knew from the second he was given this job their would be people who said he was too this or too that. 

He tried to not let it get to him, but it did, specially when it was all beginning, two years before. 

When his father had passed away, the king offered Taeyong the job. The king and the former Chancellor Lee had been extremely close all their lives almost, so the king already knew what Taeyong was capable of. 

He knew if he gave that young boy a platform he would excel the same as any other. And he did. 

"When you are at the ball, make sure to keep an eye on Iseul," Taeyong had to force his smile back, "she's still not used to...any of this." The king finished. 

"I understand, Sir, is that all?" The king thought for a second, 

"Actually their is one more thing. My secretary should have Iseul's dress behind her desk, is their anyway you can take it to her? I know it isn't a very Chancellor thing to do." The king mused. Taeyong chuckled, "Will do, sir." 

With that Taeyong left the kings courtiers.

------------

 

"I'll get it!" Mark hollered as he headed for the front door of the Lilly Pad house. 

"Oh- Chancellor Lee," Mark said in surprise, "what brings you here?" Taeyong lifted the dress, it was in a cover. Mark stepped out of the way, "Ah, come in, Seol is in the living room, Taeyong's forehead creased when Mark said 'Seol'.

"Yah!" 

Taeyong looked at Mark, confusion clear on his face. "Oh, her and the prince have been practicing dances for the ball, she's been yelling at him all morning." Taeyong nodded in understanding as Mark lead the way. 

"Seol, the Chancellor brought the dress." Mark stated as he took a seat on one of the couches that had been pushed back to make room for them to dance. 

Iseul immediately let go of Jaehyun and happily took the dresses from Taeyong, for a second she forgot herself and smiled at him. 

A moment that would reply in Taeyongs head, he hadn't had that smile directed at him in years.

"T-thanks..." Iseul said as the awkward air settled in around them. Taeyong smirked, "Anytime," he playfully winked. 

Jaehyun looked between the two, 

"Is he the other flirtatious one in the palace?" Jaehyun asked bluntly. Iseul gave him an 'I'm going to hurt you!' look. Taeyong couldn't hold back a laugh,
"Leave!" Iseul yelled at Jaehyun, Jaehyun put his hands up in defence, "Okay, okay, I was about to leave anyway," he began walking away, Mark walked after him.

Mark, you shouldn't leave me with him! 

Iseul whined in her head. Taeyong leaned his back onto the wall, "You were talking about me?" Iseul rolled her eyes, "Don't flatter yourself, it wasn't in a good way." Taeyong didn't say anything, he just slightly winced.  

They both went silent for a few minutes before Taeyong couldn't take it anymore, "Are we ever going to talk?"
Iseul troubled her bottom lip, 
"Do you mean in general or about a certain topic?" Taeyong smiled softly, "Whichever you want." 

Iseul nodded, "Not right now, right now I have to start getting ready." Iseul was about to walk past him but Taeyong lightly grabbed her wrist, stopping her in her tracks. 

"Can I at least have a dance at the ball?" Iseul meant his eyes, "...We'll see..."

That was enough for him, he let go of her wrist and made his way out of her house. 

--------------

Iseul looked at the first dress in disbelief, it was the dress she'd be wearing as Seol, the bodice hugged her body and was covered in detailed light pink embroider, the bottom flared out in the classic ballgown way, it was white and had cherry blossom embroidery.

Of course it's cherry blossoms.

The dress she would be wearing as the crown princess had already been taken by security and would be hidden in the place they have for her to change.

Iseul's hair and makeup had already been done, they went with a simple pink and brown glittery eye look, and a light shade of pink lipstick with a clear lip gloss over it. 

Iseul hadn't ever been much of a fan of pink but this look was starting to make her change her mind. 

Her hair was just curled into beach waves and the right side was pinned back with a cherry blossom pin. 

"You ready?" Mark asked Iseul, she nodded and hooked her arm with his. 

Mr. Lee had sent a car to pick her up, she couldn't show up in one of the palace cars or else her identity would most likely be reveled. 

Mark is going as her plus one, which she is very  thankful for. The butterflies in her stomach were starting to flutter. Sure Jaehyun had helped her learn basic dances, which she very much appreciated--because if he didn't she'd have to sit everything out. But now that she was half an hour away from the Kim mansion, she was starting to forget all the steps. 

-----------------

"Wah!" Iseul's jaw dropped as she looked inside the beautiful ballroom, it looked like something straight out of a movie. "Close your mouth," Mark said under his breath as they walked in. 

They were immediately showed over to the Lee's table, "It's really nice, I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this." Mark smiled at her, "It is nice, and the food looks good." He noted as he took a seat at the table. 

"You look lovely, Seol, sorry you had to arrive separate." Mr. Lee said loud enough for others to hear. Iseul sent him a warm smile, "It's fine, Daddy." Iseul cringed as she called him that, but right now she's an actress--a dedicated one at that. 

Others started arriving and within fifteen minutes all of the guest were present. 

"The royal family has arrived!" A loud and steady voice yelled right before the doors opened. Iseul looked at them in awe, the way they carried themselves and stood so straight was extremely intimidating. It didn't match

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter