Fresh Start

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day...

 

"Unnie, your eyes are swollen." 

 

"And you think yours aren't? Look at yourself in the mirror." 

 

Joy started chuckling to which Wendy got puzzled. 

 

"What's funny?" 

 

"It's just that, I can't believe we broke down crying last night in public, in front of your apartment building. I wonder if someone caught us on cam and posted it, I bet we're gonna be viral!" 

 

"You find that exciting? That's horror for me." 

 

"Yah! Think of it as a punishment for lying to me! If I didn't get suspicious of you yesterday before you left the unit, I wouldn't have rummage your belongings and saw a doctor's appointment paper on your desk." 

 

"No one's announcing that they're going to the hospital to get checked up, Joy. I feel like it's a natural private thing to do." 

 

"Tch. Liar. That's not what you said last night while crying like a baby." 

 

"Can we not talk about last night? It's giving me chills." 

 

"Why? You can't believe we're so sweet to each other? People might have mistaken us for a couple. She laughed teasingly. 

 

"Shut your mouth or I'll tell Sungjae what you said last night to me." 

 

"Do it. I don't really care, he has to know you're my priority." She challenged and Wendy was taken aback. Joy's really serious with her words.

 

"Look, Joy. Your love for Sungjae and for me are different. You have to give importance to him as well or you'll lose him." 

 

"I love him, unnie. But like I said, you're my priority. If he loves me, he should understand that. You're not just my best friend, or cousin, you're literally a part of me. So don't just shut me out or I'll go crazy." 

 

"If you marry Sungjae, you'll be whole. But then I'll be there on your marriage for sure." Wendy said with a hopeful tone. 

 

"That's still far to tell. But I love how you invited yourself to my own wedding without my knowledge." 

 

Wendy rolled her eyes. It'll be difficult to make Joy change her mind with her priorities. 

 

"Anyways, aren't you going home?" 

 

"My, I just declared I'll stay by your side and you want me to go home?" 

 

"It's not like that. You also have a life of your own in Jeju, you can't just be forever stuck with me you know." 

 

"I'm thinking of transferring here in Seoul. Dad's here anyways." 

 

"But your life is in Jeju, your working there, auntie's there and so is Sungjae." 

 

Even if Joy persists to be by Wendy's side, she cannot deny that it'll be difficult to leave everything behind in Jeju, her hometown. Right now she has no solution to this problem so she's just gonna think about it and settle it later. What's important now, is that she still has time to be with Wendy and that's what matters for now. 

 

"Don't worry, I'll think this through and tell you my decision soon but now, I want to know when' is your scheduled therapy." 

 

"Seriously Joy, I appreciate you wanting to look out for me but I'm seriously better now. I mean, not completely but I'm a step closer to that. I've done the most difficult part which is seeing a doctor, so I think I could handle the rest. Don't sacrifice your life because of me, I would really feel bad about that." 

 

"I understand, unnie. I'll consider everything before I make a decision. I won't decide something that I will regret later." She smiled reassuringly. "So every when is your schedule?"

 

"Saturdays of every week." 

 

"That often? I mean that's 4 times a month." 

 

"Yeah, I was surprised to be honest but what can I do about it? It's their prescription not mine." 

 

"Until when will be the therapy?"

 

"I'm scheduled for the whole 3 months but the doctor said it could cut shorter or expand longer depending on how I cope up with my condition. They could make me take lesser sessions to twice or once a month too if ever they detect a fast improvement." 

 

"Is your doctor male or female?"

 

"Both"

 

"Both? You'll have two doctors to see you?"

 

"Yeah, it's my request." 

 

"Are they good looking?"

 

"I haven't seen the other, but the male one is." 

 

"Then I'll tag along to see for myself." 

 

"Like I have a choice not to tag you along."

 

"Good. At least you're listening, Ms. Son."

 

~Growl~

 

"Oh, yeah. We haven't eaten last night beause we cried ourselves to sleep." 

 

"I'm hungry unnie, let's go get some food outside." 

 

It's already 11:30am when they stumbled upon Irene & Seulgi passing by just when Wendy opened the door of their unit.

 

The 3 of them got all startled and didn't know what to say or do. It seems like it's already fate that wanted them to reconcile. 

 

"H-hi, Seulgi, Irene?" Wendy started wanting to ease the tension.

 

"H-hi, Wendy." Seulgi stammered. Despite missing Wendy, she's still unsure whether the latter's happy to see her for a hug and a casual talk.

 

They were stuck standing in front of each other. They were caught in an awkward situation and it's all thanks to Joy for ending this misery.

 

"Oh! Hi Seulgi-unnie! Hi idol, Irene-unnie!"

 

Wendy got weirded out. When did Joy got close to those two that she has the courage to hug them while greeting? And when did she had the privilege to call them unnie? 

 

"By the way, thanks for the cupcakes yesterday, Wendy. They were delicious!" Seulgi finally flashes her eye smile, but still testing the water.

 

"Cupcakes?" Wendy then looked at Joy questioningly. 

 

Crap. Joy panicked. She forgot to confess her sins to Wendy yesterday but she had forgotten about it when they got too emotional. Now, she's about to get busted as a liar in front of her new friend Seulgi and her idol Irene. 

 

The other two noticed how greatly confused Wendy was so the speculation that Joy was lying to them was surfacing. Not until Wendy decided to speak.

 

"Ahh! Ooohhh... yeah! Yup, yup!" She made a funny and odd reaction to buy some time and think about what she'll say next. "I mean, I almost forgot about the cupcakes. I've been reaaally occupied lately." It wasn't a whole lie. 

 

Joy can't help but smile, Wendy's covering for her. So, she played along.

 

"Told 'ya! Wendy unnie baked them for you both." She grinned to Irene and Seulgi then back to Wendy. 

 

Wendy is in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter