Unexpected Support

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Both of you are too much, I want to puke." Seulgi said, arms crossed as she stood and watched the inseparable couple in front of her. Most likely, it was Irene being utterly sweet and always clinging onto Wendy since morning when she woke up. 

 

Irene was all calm and smiley again, still not at her 100% but her vibe was all better from when Seulgi first saw her at a small private room. The hospital was not the same one as where Irene does her regular check up, it was a hospital nearby where they fetch her from. Talking about it, it's a famous institution in the country so the fees were a bit higher than of a regular one.

 

The doctor who attended Irene last night explained that the bleeding was from overfatigue and stress but thankfully despite that, there were no severe complications that were detected in her initial test results. Both Irene and the baby were safe after a few hours but the doctor warned them that if she bleeds like that the next time, it could already cost her baby's life. The doctor recommended for Irene to get admitted for at least 3 days so they could monitor her and run more tests for the mother and baby's health improvement. Seulgi decided to ensure Irene's safety first before they return to Taeyeon so she quickly agreed to the recommendation and get Irene spend here for 3 days.

 

The quality of medical care and attention that were given to them were so high and exclusive, not that the other hospitals were not good but it surprised Seulgi how they treat them like they were some sort of special people of the society. They even got transferred to a bigger private room immediately that night after some few tests done and despite Seulgi declining it and telling them they are already okay with the smaller room, they said that the amount of fees will be the same as to a small private room so she let it be. Seulgi asked if this is how this institution usually function to everyone and the medical staffs only told her that their patients' comfort were their top priority. She now understands why everyone speaks so highly of this hospital.

 

When Irene woke up last night, she was in fright and panic despite the doctor giving her an assurance that both her and the baby were all safe. Seulgi could still remember vividly how Irene got disconnected again from the world at that time, it was the same looks she had when she lost her sister Jisoo. But now, that horrifying looks were nowhere to be found because the first thing Irene had seen in the morning when she woke up was Wendy, whom she loved so dearly. And just like magic, her worries were all washed away. Seulgi was so happy and thankful for Wendy because of that, she saved Irene from losing hope again.

 

Irene didn't budge despite Seulgi teasing her that she's whipped for Wendy and that she's too obvious with it, she clung onto her partner even more instead. If it were her in the past, she might have distanced herself and completely deny it all but now was different. It was different that all Irene wanted was to stay close to Wendy and feel her presence, smell her scent or just hear her breathing. This urge was bigger, stronger that she didn't mind Seulgi calling her names for being clingy.

 

"If Joy is here, we'll definitely hear the same comment if not worst." Wendy chuckled and glanced at Irene with a knowing smile.

 

"Oh you bet. I suddenly missed Joy, when is she coming back anyways? It's so hard to be the third wheel here." Seulgi finally sets on the sofa across the bed where Irene and Wendy sat.

 

"Hands off, Seul. She has a boyfriend." Irene struck back at her and Wendy's eyes widened quickly.

 

"You like Joy?!"

 

Seulgi didn't said anything but her flushed face was giving her away.

 

"You didn't notice?" Irene asked Wendy as she feed her a slice of peeled apple with a fork.

 

Wendy was in shock about Seulgi's heartbreak story but she easily took Irene's offer of food. Irene giggled.

 

"How come I didn't notice? I should have warned you about Joy's existing love life." She said chewing loudly her apple.

 

"Oh come on, chingu. You didn't even notice Irene was already gushing over you the first time, how so would you notice a second pair's love story is unfolding?"

 

Both Irene and Wendy blushed at the same time. Their arms still entangled despite the embarrassing comment, Irene slid her hand to reach for Wendy's. She gripped her hand tightly, never wanting to let go.

 

Wendy liked the gesture. It's so warm and it makes her head lighter. She held Irene's hand in the same manner as her response and even though she was looking away, she knew that Irene was smiling... just like her.

 

"W-well, I have a confession to make." Seulgi started again. When her companions didn't say anything, she continued. "Joy went home to break up with her boyfriend."

 

"WHAT?!" This time Wendy stood up in surprise but hand still connected with Irene's.

 

"Yep, you heard her right Wendy-unnie." The door slid open as Joy dramatically made an entrance.

 

"Joy?!!" The three of them said in unison as they saw the tall girl, who looked like she'll pass out soon, standing by the door.

 

"Joy, are you alright?" Wendy slipped away from Irene's and attended to Joy's needs. She made her settle on the sofa next to Seulgi and got her a glass of water that Joy drunk one shot. Some water spilled and Seulgi followed the droplets as they traced Joy's neck and down to her shirt. Seulgi gulped.

 

"I saw you, erted bear!" Joy said as she finally recovered some strength and Seulgi played dumb. Joy rolled her eyes but instantly averted her gaze to Wendy who she found the same but also different. She smiled to herself.

 

"I came here straight from the airport, unnie."

 

"You shouldn't have. Everything is fine now." Wendy replied.

 

"Yep, it's even better now that I see it with my own eyes." Joy smiled widely at Wendy who was confused at her response.

 

Joy then searched for Irene in the room and she stood up from her seat to transfer where the latter was, ignoring Wendy and Seulgi.

 

"Irene unnie, I'm so happy you're all okay!"

 

Irene looked at her with guilt visible in her eyes but she still managed to pull out a grateful smile. Joy was not us dense as Wendy nor Seulgi so she felt Irene's sudden change of mood right away. She knew also why it was there in the first place.

 

"Both of you, OUT!" Joy commanded the two. At first, Wendy and Seulgi didn't know what to do with that but when Joy started throwing things at them, they finally left the room.

 

---

 

Wendy and Seulgi stared at the shut door of Irene's room, it took them a few seconds before understanding what just happened before looking at each other.

 

With their wide eyes meeting each other, they started laughing at how silly both of them looked.

 

"You looked like a bear on a diet just now." Wendy commented laughing and Seulgi retorted playfully, "And you looked like a hamster meme I saved on my phone."

 

Wendy's eyebrow twitched, she stopped laughing. She could not relate. "What meme?"

 

Seulgi then fished her phone from her jacket, eyes vanishing from too much laughing as well. "Here." She showed an image of a cornered hamster displaying an amusing shocked face. With that, they shared yet another round of laughter.

 

After recovering from their own silliness at the waiting area, Seulgi invited Wendy for a walk. "Let's give them some private time. Why don't we go outside and breathe some fresh air?"

 

When she saw Wendy was having second thoughts, Seulgi read it that she's still worried for Irene so she added, "Joy is inside so Irene and the baby are in good hands right now."

 

"That's not it."

 

"Then what is it?" Seulgi can't think of other reasons so she came up with, "Is it because you don't like me for Joy?"

 

"That's not it eithe-" Wendy has never turned her head that fast in her life, "W-wait, what?!"

 

"Huh? It's not it?"

 

"Wait, you have to answer my question first!"

 

"What's your question?" Seulgi feigns ignorance to save herself from Joy's "everything". That's how Joy described Wendy to her at least.

 

"You! Are you pursuing Joy?!"

 

Wendy, who was always soft looking and oozing with warm vibe suddenly transformed to a frightening cold person to Seulgi's eyes, she gulped.

 

"I... I-I didn't mean to..."

 

"What?!" Wendy stood up from her seat and towered at Seulgi's cowering form. "Seulgi-ah. I never doubted that you're a good person but don't play with Joy, please?"

 

That's when Seulgi stood up beside Wendy, she responded with new found courage and confidence, she grasped both of Wendy's hands. "I'm not playing with Joy and I don't intend to, Wendy. I fell for her, it just happened. I like her, no, I love her! Please give me your consent, chingu!"

 

"So that's what you meant when you said you don't intend to?" Wendy finally calmed down and transformed back to her fluffy self, that's how Seulgi described it.

 

"So you're not mad anymore?"

 

"No, I'm not mad."

 

Liar. Seulgi thought but she let it be.

 

"Seriously though, are you the reason why Joy broke up with her boyfriend?"

 

"M-maybe?"

 

Wendy was about to hit her on the head when Seulgi spoke. "She said that she's been in a toxic relationship with her boyfriend for a long time now. It's about time that she breaks out of that."

 

Wendy softened. "Why didn't she tell me anything about it." She asked but the answers were already obvious. She was too preoccupied with her own thoughts, Joy might have thought that she didn't want to add up to that. But still...

 

Seulgi saw how Wendy got all gloomy about it so even when Joy said to keep her reasons a secret, she thought she'll be forgiven at this kind of situation. After all, Wendy is Joy's everything.

 

"It's because Joy didn't want you to see her having a hard time. She was too afraid that when you do, you'll be more worried about her well being and you'll no longer rely on her thinking that she has more than enough on her plate."

 

"W-what?" Wendy spoke quietly, surprised at what she heard, tears already edging her eyes.

 

"Joy treats you as the most special person in her life and seeing you pushing away people from you, Joy was too scared to open up. It's not because she didn't want to rely on you, it's because she's too afraid she'll lose you."

 

Wendy couldn't hold her tears, she cried.

 

"I didn't know she was thinking like that. Joy must have been hurting too much, I'm so stupid for hurting her. She is as precious to me too, Seulgi."

 

"Joy knows you and she understood your situation really well. She's a tough woman too, so I'm sure she's already happy a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter