Rain

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene finished doing the dishes and went back to the living room, only to discover that Wendy was nowhere to be found. She had the courtesy to leave some note though, saying thank you for the food and that was that. Irene can't help but feel slightly annoyed at the action. She did ask her to wait for her here and yet she didn't obey. Irene sneered at the idea that Wendy would really stay just because she says so, especially how rude she treated her previously. Who would want to stay by her side after that? She sighed. She took the note, crampled it and shoot in the bin. There's no point in wasting time in feeling regret over someone she barely knew. Though she admits that she felt comfortable with her earlier during lunch just because she realized how Wendy has been consistent in fulfilling Seulgi's requests till the end, she even accompanied her to the doctor despite their feud last Monday. Maybe Wendy wasn't a user as she assumed her to be. Usually, that's her assumptions towards new people considering that she's a model and has connections with other celebrities. She had encountered a lot of them before, so she really raised her wall so high now and even prepared weapons to defend herself. It just so happened that Wendy got the first taste of that. But no user will do this extent for a promise, right? So she begun to think that Wendy must be a really nice person after all, her words last Monday was really painful to hear but it knocked out some sense to her after thinking about it.

 

Her eyes wandered outside the window. It's raining really hard now, good thing they managed to get back inside their apartment on the right time. The atmosphere is all gloomy and Irene didn't like rain as it gives her nostalgia. Events from the past that she wanted to forget are coming back. She's becoming teary eyed at the memories flashing back at her with every raindrop she caught when...

 

Riiiing!

 

She shook her head, and picked her phone from her pocket. It's Seulgi.

 

"Irene! How's your check-up?"

 

"Uhm.. where are you? Can't you wait till you get here and ask me that personally?" Irene questioned as she looked at the wall clock. Just a few more hours and her friend will arrive, what's the sudden rush to hear the news.

 

"Whoah! Could you wear down your shield from me? Are you still with Wendy? Why the sudden coldness?" Seulgi interrogated to which Irene only sighed. Maybe she really got affected by Wendy's sudden disappearance after all or maybe because of the rain, the memories or maybe it's just one of the perks of being pregnant? She can no longer check on her mood swings and she finds herself easily irritated or emotional even on small trivial things.

 

"No, she's no longer with me. That friend of yours really irritates me." 

 

"Tell me something I don't know, Irene. But hey I thought she already warmed up to you? Did something happen again? What about the check up?"

 

"Who says she warmed up to me? I still dislike her. Anyways, relax Seul. Everything went well with the check up. Doctor Taeyeon is a family friend and I already ask her to stay quiet with my parents about my pregnancy even before I went to the appointment. At first she was shocked and almost object to my plans but it went well in the end." Irene sat on the sofa as she felt her legs getting tired from standing.

 

With the silence that Seulgi was giving her, she realized that she was waiting for more details. She sighed. "She basically did some tests to confirm my pregnancy since it's just been 3 weeks. She asked me a lot of questions about my medical history and gave me lots of tests, so far the feedback was well but she scolded me and advised not drink alcohol again as it would really affect the baby negatively. And she told me to come back after 6 weeks to start the prenatal check-ups and to fully check the baby's condition thoroughly."

 

"Come to think of it, it was only your first time to see an OB after you saw your PT result. You should follow what she said alright?"

 

"Yes, mom." Irene rolled her eyes but it was very clear how Seulgi sounded so relieved, much like how Wendy expressed earlier after finding out a good news.

 

"Gosh. Thank goodness, everything's alright. But what if your doctor reveals it to your parents?!"

 

"I trust Taeyeon. I told her that I will be the one to tell my parents when I'm ready."

 

"I hope everything would go well in the future once you tell them that..You should prepare what to say if ever they'll look for the father of that baby becaus-"

 

"Seulgi!! Come on now, let's go!" Irene heard a loud voice calling her friend over the phone. 

 

"Ah that was my colleague. We're gonna board now. Wait for me and we'll plan this out together okay? I'll be back by..uhmm.. around 8 or 9 tonight. Bye Irene!" Seulgi hurriedly end the call even before Irene got to say something back. She sighed and texted Seulgi to take care and have safe a safe travel.

 

Irene contemplated Seulgi's words. She really have to prepare for that time to come when she'll share her parents the news. Irene can imagine how her parents would cry if they all hear about the pregnancy without a father. She wonders if she could resolve that before she could meet up with them, but how? With that, she absent mindedly texted him.

 

--

 

"Wendy. Wendy! Wendy! Wake up!!"  

 

Wendy stirred from her sleep and sat up after she felt someone drastically shaking her body with a very loud voice calling her. Who in the world would visit her now? What time is it? She then realized that she had fallen asleep right after she went back from Irene's unit. Drowsiness constantly visits her, and she finds it as good news since it helps her to stop thinking.

 

"Hellooooo?! So when will you stop spacing out and actually acknowledge my presence now?" Her companion stick her face so near in front of Wendy's that it made the latter startled and get fully awake.

 

"What the?! Joy?!" 

 

"Hahaha! What was that face? You looked really funny! I thought your eyes were gonna pop out!" Joy was laughing so hard that she claps her hands together like a seal. She sure is enjoying this. 

 

"Ah! Joy!!! What's with the sudden visit?" Wendy finally awakens and finally face her cousin. 

 

"Unnie~!" She embraced Wendy all of a sudden. "My boyfriend and I had a fight!"

 

"Erm.. don't you have any other news to talk about? I mean, that's no longer new with the both of you." Wendy sighed like she's already tired from hearing this to which Joy pouted right away.

 

"You're no fun! At least accompany me to go clubbing for me to forget!" 

 

"Erm.. I'm really tired right now, and wait.. what time is it?" She squinted her eyes to see the clock clearly. 

 

"It's already 10pm! Go get some rest will you?! I promise that you'll forget about the fight of yours in no time." Wendy got back to her sleeping position and ignores Joy. "I bet when you wake up, both of you will get back together again like the usual." She murmured.

 

"Ahh!! Seriously, Wendy-unnie!!! At least let's go grab something to eat!! I didn't travel here for 2 hours to watch you sleeping!" Joy begun shaking Wendy again like a mad man.

 

After a few minutes...

 

"Gosh Joy, you're a big girl now and even got a boyfriend and maybe does something beyond your mother's likeness, and you can't even feed by yourself? Ugh." Wendy fished her coat to accompany her baby cousin outside. She had no choice to agree with her or Joy will plan out something else to bug her the entire night. 

 

"Oh stop it. I'm always fed up by my boyfriend." She smirked dirtily and Wendy just face palmed. "Now, now! Don't be so green minded!" 

 

"Ah, Joy! I can't stand hanging out with you if you're this vulgar." 

 

"You should date again, unnie. You're getting so grumpy n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter