Irene

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jisoo, are you okay?" Irene hurriedly approached her younger sister the moment she opened her bedroom door. Jisoo was hugging both of her knees together, trembling. 

 

"Unnie. I don't think I can keep my promise to you." She spoke weakly as her face was stuck between her knees and chest, she was hiding from the world.

 

Irene, despite being fearful of what she's hearing, still tried the best she could to lift up her sister's spirit. She caressed her sister's face gently with both of her hands to face her and talk but was completely shattered upon seeing her eyes full of emptiness.

 

"What are you saying? You told me you'll keep going, right? I'm just here, I'll support you all the way." She tried to convince her again and again but her words seemed not going through anymore.

 

"There's no point of my medications, unnie. In the end everything will be a waste of time and money. Mom and dad will surely be happy with me gone."

 

"Don't ever say that, Jisoo! Your life is precious to us! No money can equal your worth in our lives. Please stop thinking like that!" Irene knew it was pointless to tell her to stop thinking negatively as if it was the simplest thing to do for someone suffering from depression. She had known it was impossible, but at times like this she knew that the only thing she can do is to be hopeful. 

 

"You're still in college, Irene unnie, and yet instead of studying you're occupied by me. Mom and dad are working almost 24/7 to sustain my needs too  when in the end all of it will be wasted."

 

"Jisoo! I told you, what we're doing for you is not a waste of time and energy, we're doing thid because you are important to us. We love you." Irene have told her this multiple times and it always calmed her down, but now it seemed like it doesn't affect her anymore and grew accustomed to it.  

 

"Instead of using the money for yourselves, I'm out everything and it's going nowhere at all."

 

"What are you saying?" Irene's fear is becoming larger, she has to bring up something new that would make her sister change her mind. "I'm doing auditions for lots of modeling agencies lately. You told me you want to see me on a magazine, right? I'll soon earn a lot of money, so mom and dad and you can just sit back and relax. Money will come continuously to us, when I do the modeling, so please don't worry about it." She embraced her sister with all her might, afraid that if she let go of her, she'll lose her forever.

 

Jisoo was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety disorder when she was in first year high school and Irene was a first year in college. Since the diagnosis, they battle the depression for 3 long years but it all ended instantly when Jisoo took her own life one day just when Irene was about to announce to her that she finally got a modeling contract. 

 

Since Irene and Jisoo came from a not so well off family, the parents asked Irene to be in charge of her younger sister throughout her medication because they cannot afford the therapies yet . The parents were busy bringing in the money in the house too, so they cannot make time to take care of Jisoo. Irene did not complain about it despite still studying because that's how dear her sister is to her.

 

Jisoo was so lively back then, she was more like her parents' favorite for her bubbliness and intelligence. Jisoo was bringing in so much achievements in their house too and so the parents were really happy and proud of her. Irene on the otherhand didn't mind their parents' obvious  favoritism because she has no jealousy over her sister when she loved her so dearly. Also, despite appearing like a rebel due to her personality and the way she acts, Jisoo always sees the good in her and had always looked up to her and that really boosts Irene's confidence.

 

Irene did her best to look out for her sister, she took care of her by staying by her side and always listens to her but it's really inevitable not to leave Jisoo alone at home since she's studying. But whenever Irene felt that Jisoo is really down, she doesn't go to school at all despite Jisoo pushing her to do so.

 

It's just that one time that Irene had to go and sign a modeling contract that she had to leave Jisoo during her saddest moment. Irene thought maybe if she show her the contract that they have desired for so long would cheer her up. But obviously it was the worst decision she ever made in her life. Irene would never forget Jisoo that day flashing a smile at her and saying that she's grateful for her before and that she really loves her. Irene was over the moon when she heard her say that before she left the unit and run her errands but she didn't expect it to be the last words she'll hear from her.

 

 

"Irene, are you okay?" Her make-up artist's question snap her out of her reverie. 

 

"Oh. Sorry, I just remembered something."

 

"It must be really a sad memory. Would you like to wash your face first? I'll just redo your make up." 

 

Irene was confused as to why her make up artist would say that until she saw her own face on the mirror. There were tears on her face and the make up were completely messed up. She didn't realized she was already crying over a memory of the long past. 

 

"I'm sorry. I'm gonna wash my face then. Please forget that you saw me like this." Irene told the make up artist who nodded after. She had worked for years with that make up artist so Irene knew that this happening won't spread around. 

 

Irene went to the washroom and soaked her face with water. It's been a while since she remembered her younger sister Jisoo again. Not that she really wanted to forget Jisoo, but she swore to herself that she will only keep the happy memories of her. It was her only solution to keep herself going with her everyday life as well because whenever she thought of Jisoo, it's always the bad ones that seep through her mind. She's always reminded of the wrong decision of leaving her that day.

 

Irene had been successful lately forgetting but it seemed like fate is punishing her for all the mistakes that she had done in her life, when she encountered another person fighting the same reason why her younger sister died.

 

Wendy, who she became acquainted not long ago, became her friend. She wasn't good to her at the beginning but she swore that she'll treat her right after she realized how wrong she was to her. Truth be told, when Irene saw her the first time in her unit with Seulgi, Wendy already caught her attention. It's because Wendy was giving her the same eyes she knew very well, the same as her sister's. But she shrugged it off and dismissed her because she didn't want to be reminded of the past when she's facing another huge problem in her present.

 

 

Bogum and Irene were quarrelling again and it's not about the abortion this time. Bogum already apologized for that, reasoning it was a spur of his emotion over a surprising news. Irene forgave him, they also got back together when Bogum promised her that he'll take responsibility of the baby. However, after a few days, Irene caught him kissing a girl on his dressing room when she paid a surprised visit. Bogum tried to convince her that it was only a fling but Irene no longer believed him and slapped him on the face before breaking up with him for real. 

 

Irene was devastated, she regretted everything for being foolishly in love with him in the end. She forgave him again and again after cheating on her several times. Irene tried to put on a blind eye everytime she catches him cheating but that's because she really loved him and he was the one who took her in when her parents were mourning and continously putting the blame on her for her sister's death. She ran away from home, leaving everything behind. Irene was all messed up and was completely vulnerable that time, and the person that saw her in that form was Bogum. 

 

Bogum helped her, dressed her, and she was grateful for him for staying by her side the entire time she's starting again. He helped her gain back her confidence by partnering with her in modeling projects. Her career boosted up because Bogum that time was already a big time model and an uprising actor.

 

Bogum became her stepping stone in achieving a new life and it didn't took long that Irene fell in love with him. But it was all a mistake when she realized that she was only being used the entire time. Bogum never loved her, and she thought that he only stayed to her side for that long because she earned a huge popularity now and letting go of her would mean that he might lose some easy profit. Because whenever they team up, it's always instant money.

 

Bogum tried to reach out to her, he was nervous that everything would really end between them. Bogum called Irene that night when she first met Wendy in her unit with Seulgi. 

 

"Seriously! You're repeating everything again and again!!! What are your apologies for? For you to repeat all your stupid s?! I'm so done with you!!!"

 

Irene ended the call with him right away. When she entered the unit, she didn't expect that Seulgi would bring in someone. Irene glanced at the guest, it was Wendy. She noticed how her blonde hair suited the complexion of her skin as well as the good looking face. Irene shook her head when she thought she was checking out the new girl when she's supposed to be bottled up in her own problem, which is that Bogum, but she can't help it. She glanced at her once more and this time she's met with Wendy's eyes looking at her. 

 

Irene noticed right away how her eyes spoke for herself, seeking for something. Anyone could ignore it but Irene knew what it meant very well because it was the same eyes that looked at her for a long time. The same eyes as her sister's. 

 

Painful memories that she wanted to forget flashes back to I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter