Girlfriend

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the 4th day of the week which also meant it already had been 3 days and 2 nights since Wendy avoided any contact with Irene. Every time she remembered how she assert her opinion towards Irene, Wendy can't help but mentally slap her face out of embarrassment. She can't believe she snapped out and scolded a person she barely knew. Wendy knew she weigh nothing in Irene's life, as they're just mere strangers, and yet there she forced Irene to listen to her unwelcomed opinion. 

 

However, no matter what, Wendy knew very well that she did the right thing saying those words to her. If hurting Irene's feelings were the only way for her stop wasting her life and the baby's future then she has no regrets at all. It's just that, now that she managed to anger Irene, she will no longer be able to approach or check her well being in a decent and normal way. 

 

Despite what happened Monday night, Wendy tried to still keep her promise to Seulgi. Checking whether Irene is alive next door in her most indirect and awkward ways. Whenever she goes out to get some food at night or take out the trash early in the morning, she always take a peek on her neighbor. Her attempts to catch Irene coming back from work or going to work were so far successful thanks to the schedule Seulgi gave her. But of course as Wendy does her work/stalking Irene, the blonde never made herself visible to her in order to no longer cause any commotion. Who knows if Irene was really serious when she says that she'll treat Wendy as a criminal the next time they meet? Just to be safe, Wendy chooses to protect herself from any humiliation. 

 

To Wendy's surprise though, Irene was always on schedule recently. She goes out by 9 in the morning and comes back home around 8 in the evening. There were no signs of alcohol too since Irene could still walk or stand on her own two feet just fine unlike the other night. She didn't really want to be a freak or anything but one time due to her anxiety, she wanted to make sure that Irene was not doing anything dangerous to herself. So she stuck her ears next to the wall and tried to decipher what was happening at the other side. But that method was ended immediately as she realized how creepy and disrespectful that was in terms of privacy.

 

Wendy did not report to Seulgi though. She was never fond of texting and she dreaded to be on the phone. And besides, the girl just asked to call her if there were emergencies and all so she's just obeying. Or maybe that was just an excuse. For Wendy, as long as she knew Irene was fine, then there's nothing to report about to her. But since now that it's already Thursday and to ensure that her conclusion about Irene being okay was accurate, she decided to call Seulgi today.

 

"Hello? Who's this?" Seulgi responded after the 2nd ring. That was Wendy's first time to call her so her number wasn't saved yet to Seulgi's phonebook. 

 

"Hey neighbor. It's me, Wendy." She greeted shyly.

 

"OH MY GOD!!! I've been waiting for your call or any messages for the last few days, why didn't you contact me?!!" Seulgi reacted loudly. Her voice showed frustration towards the girl on the other line. Wendy could hear the stinging sound in her ear.

 

"Easy there, tiger. Why are you even mad?" Wendy feigning not knowing the reason. 

 

"God, Wendy I've asked you to check on Irene but I didn't got any updates from you. You said you'll help me out." If Wendy could see Seulgi right now, she could tell that the girl was pouting when she said that. 

 

"Yes, I'm doing that as I promised. And I swear, she's just fine that's why I didn't bother to call. I don't want to make you worry or disturb you." Wendy decided not to tell Seulgi about Irene's drunk night because she thought that she handled and took care of the woman as much as she could. Also, she thought of giving Irene another chance and if she ever seen her drunk again then that would be her cue to ask for Seulgi's take on the situation. More importantly, right now, Wendy didn't want to stir yet another feud with Irene. 

 

"Seriously Wendy, if I haven't known from Irene that you're checking on her then I would have been really really mad and disappointed with you." Seulgi said and Wendy got shocked as she process what the other just said. Irene talked about her? 

 

"Uhm.. w-what did she told you?!" Wendy stammered, she knew she was doomed. Of course Irene would have told Seulgi regarding their exchange of words last Monday. Irene might have told Seulgi how imprudent she was for scolding her, for intruding her privacy forcefully, for treating her inconsiderately for a pregnant woman. Seulgi might have regretted wanting to befriend her now. With that, Wendy was now determined to ask for Seulgi's forgiveness.

 

"I'm so sorry, Seulgi. I should've kn--" 

 

"What are you even saying sorry for? Wendy, I wanted you to know that your efforts are all appreciated. And I'll forever be indebted to you for your help. Seriously, thanks Wendy. I'm so glad I befriended you." 

 

The blonde was left agape. Unsure whether she mistakenly heard Seulgi's praises towards her. "I don't understand, Seulgi. Why are you saying that? What did Irene told you?" 

 

"Well, I always check on Irene via phone how she is everyday. And looking through our constant video calls, she explained how she's been well. And that she's taking care of herself now and the baby. She did not miss out telling me that you were consistently stalking, oops, I mean checking on her too." Seulgi laughed nervously at her last words. Hoping Wendy did not caught that but it was too late. 

 

"Gosh, Seulgi I don't even know why I agreed to this." Wendy facepalming herself, her voice sounded full of embarrassment. She's sure that Seulgi and Irene were now talking slash laughing behind her back. Who would have thought that Irene was aware of Wendy's awkward ways of checking slash stalking her? She was so sure that she was not visible but in the end she have failed all this time. Wendy thought how lucky she was that Irene hasn't imprissoned her yet despite knowing that she's been checking on her. As a celebrity, she have the rights to actually report a suspicious person stalking her and Wendy was well aware of that yet she's still dancing with fire just to help out a new friend. 

 

"Don't worry, Wendy. I think you really warmed up to Irene, she no longer curses whenever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter