Missed Call

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And that's it for our session today, Wendy. You did a great job." Rose smiled genuinely, happy to see her patient having a positive energy throughout their session today. She noticed how Wendy became responsive to every questions asked even the items that she usually got ignored and receive silent treatment before. 

 

"Thanks for today, doctor." Wendy replied, her smile grew even wider. 

 

"Got plans today? You seemed really excited." Rose finally asked wanting to satisfy her curiousity.

 

"Oh. Was I?" Wendy blushed. 

 

"I guess something great happened this week? Would you like to share before you leave for today?" Rose playfully teased. She wanted to write down the details on her record but quickly decided to leave it be for now. It's her first time to see Wendy this happy after all and she wanted it to last for a while longer. "I'm kidding. Let's talk about it the next session? Or whenever you're ready." 

 

"I-I really don't mind sharing it to you now if it's needed really... but uhm.." 

 

Rose found this type of shy Wendy in front of her very adorable. She always knew that there's something unique and special with every individual and that includes all of her patients too. So far, she has seen this idea materialize to a lot of her patients and seeing Wendy like this today made her confident over it more. Finding out and meeting the real Wendy behind her depression, she thought it'll all be real soon. 

 

"No pressure, Wendy. I'll be waiting when you're 100% ready, okay?" She reassured and then stood up from her seat to accompany Wendy by the door. She doesn't want Wendy to miss out the event that she seemed so excited about their entire therapy session.

 

"I'll be going now, Doc." Wendy bowed to her and turned to meet her companions. Rose peeked by the door out of curiousity, she has met Joy before so she instantly recognized her but the other lady talking to Wendy was someone new to her. Rose didn't need to see Wendy's words nor her reactions to tell what or, in this case, who made her day today. Judging by how the new face was reflecting the same reactions she has seen from Wendy earlier, it was already enough proof to tell she was the reason behind it.

 

Rose closed the door of her room and smiled triumphantly at her discovery. Sometimes she felt privileged being a Psychologist with how easy she could read people. It wasn't 100% accurate all the time, but Wendy and the new lady was too obvious with their body language for her reading to be incorrect this time.

 

"After you almost forgot to bring her back last night, you coming with us today too is just way too much. I didn't expect you to be this clingy." Joy started while they were seated at the waiting area near Doctor Park's room. Joy didn't spare a glance nor bother to talk to Irene while they were on the way to the hospital for Wendy's therapy. For some reason, she didn't feel like talking to her at all. Also, she didn't want seeing her unnie close nor talking to Irene so she always interrupt them all the time, be it talking, eye gazing or any form of skinship. Joy wanted them separated... all the time. 

 

Wendy and Irene haven't disclosed about their relationship yet but when Joy saw the two together the next day in their unit early in the morning, she already knew something was up. Chill runs down her spine how quickly her brain decipher the situation and she didn't like it one bit. She wanted to deny what her brain was feeding her but the fact that Irene confessed to her before about her feelings for Wendy made her attempt an instant failure. 

 

"Joy, are you mad at me because I like your cousin?" Irene asked, concerned.

 

"She isn't just my cousin, unnie. She's my bestfriend and my sister." Joy finally looked at Irene fiercefully with tears forming in her eyes. 

 

Irene immediately tried to hold Joy's hands upon seeing her sad but she moved her hand away quickly too. Irene sighed dejectedly and just let Joy be, for now. 

 

"I know you've been together with her for a long time and that you both treasure each other so much, but I assure you Joy, I won't do anything but love Wendy." 

 

"Love is full of pain." Joy honestly said while she wiped the strayed tear that fell on her cheek. "She's too fragile for that kind of thing, as of now." 

 

"I cannot promise that she won't get hurt nor feel pain but... don't you think she's this depressed because she's stuck in a safe zone for a long time?" 

 

Joy knew Irene was correct with that, she had pushed Wendy several times before to meet new people and to do extra ordinary things but she ended up being ignored all the time. Wendy didn't dare to try out new things in her life since she started working in South Korea. When her colleagues tried to befriend her or pursue her for a relationship, Wendy always shut them out of her life. That's how she was generally with all people she met. Joy wanted this to change for a long time and now that Wendy's stepping out of her comforts on her own accord, Joy is truly ecstatic about it. She won't feel any oppossing feelings about the relationship if only Irene came up to her and convey her intentions truthfully before offering help regarding Wendy's condition, but she didn't. Somehow, she felt really betrayed with that. 

 

"Tell me, when did you start liking Wendy?" 

 

Irene blushed at the sudden question. "W-why are you asking that?" 

 

"Look at you all shy now but you were so fearless back then when you revealed to me you like my Wendy unnie before your date with her yesterday. Wow." 

 

"S-sorry. I was just surprised." 

 

Joy couldn't help a smile forming on her face while watching the Bae Irene looking weak for being in love with Wendy. She had experienced being in love before too, so she could fully understand the feeling. She sighed. 

 

"Ugh. Whatever. Fine! I'm gonna forget about your secrecy regarding your real intention towards Wendy unnie before but, I'm telling you... no, I'm threatening you that if you made my Wendy unnie cry even just a tear, I won't forgive you ever again." She's worried so much about Wendy that she's getting too emotional.

 

Irene felt relieved hearing that and a reassuring smile appeared on her face again. "I'll do my best to make her feel loved, I won't disappoint you." 

 

"Aish. That sounded so cheesy, but.. okay. Let's stop this drama, alright?" She paused, wiped her tears dry and stretched her arm for a handshake. "Here, that's an official agreement between the two of us." 

 

Irene took the handshake and peace finally surrounded her mind knowing that Wendy's precious Joy is now giving her consent to them. 

 

"Don't tell Wendy unnie, I knew about your relationship, alright?" She grinned, planning out something.

 

"Oh, are you gonna play with her? I thought you don't want your unnie hurt?" Irene asked while she shake her head, these two cousins really has a weird relationship, she thought. 

 

"This is how I show my love for her, unnie. I gave you my consent to your relationship so play along with me on this one. I'm curious how Wendy unnie's going to break the news to me." She laughed like a witch.

 

"You really have the time of your life with Wendy all this while, huh?" 

 

"You bet! It's fun teasing Wendy unnie, it's addicting." 

 

"Addicting?" 

 

"Yup! Do you know why?" Joy asked and then gestured Irene to come closer so she could whisper the reason. 

 

Irene, being curious about Wendy, moved closer to Joy. 

 

"It's addicting how cute Wendy unnie always react when teased. Try it out! I'm sure you'll loved it." Joy winked at the now flushed face Irene. 

 

The two spent talking about Wendy the entire time at the waiting area, they managed to insert fashion and showbiz topics but eventually come back to Wendy as topic. 

 

---

 

When Wendy came out from the doctor's room, Joy excused herself to go to the comfort room before they go home. She also instructed for them to wait for her at the parking area so the two obliged and started walking in that direction, hand-in-hand. 

 

"I'm glad your therapy session went well. I thought your mood would change once you step out of the doctor's room but you're the same, happy." Irene smiled and glanced at Wendy who in return did the same. 

 

"It's because I'm really happy." Wendy said while she started giggling. It was a first, for Irene's eyes to witness and her heart melts instantly. 

 

"It's a great day today, huh?"

 

"It is, and it will be in the future too, now that you're with me." 

 

Joy warned Irene a while ago that Wendy's naturally a cheesy person. Irene braced herself and expected this already but the effect to her wasn't. She didn't expect to get butterflies in her stomach in such kind of way. She knew to herself that she wasn't fond of something greasy and cheesy but surprisingly, she loved hearing Wendy and she secretly craves for more. 

 

"Stop that." 

 

Oblivious to Irene's internal turmoil, Wendy got confused. "Huh? Stop what?" 

 

Irene blushed furiously, harder than she had been for the day. "Stop making me fall too deep." 

 

And with that, Wendy joined Irene in blushing. Their way towards the parking area was incredibly silent, only the sound of their loud heartbeats filled their ears. It was a comforting silence because their feelings were clear with their hands locked and hearts synched as one. All pain subsided and problems temporarily forgotten. 

 

---

 

Back at Wendy's unit...

 

"YOU TWO ARE WHAT?!" Joy dramatically acting surprised to which Irene cringed for being too much. When she turned to her partner seated next to her, Wendy was all worried for Joy. Irene can't stand seeing Wendy all troubled immensely like this to only end up getting fooled so she opened to reveal Joy's prank on her but Joy countered it swiftly.

 

"I won't believe your news if I don't see any proof."

 

"Proof?" Wendy raised an eyebrow.

 

"Why don't you kiss Irene in front of me and Seulgi for us to believe?" 

 

"W-what?!" Wendy and Irene said in unison. Joy's counter was so effective that Irene forgot what she's intended to do. 

 

"Yah! You're too much, Joy. I already believe the- AH!" Seulgi winced when she felt Joy kicked her shin.

 

"What the?!" 

 

Joy threatened Seulgi to shut up and just play along so the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter