Control

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Wendy's scheduled therapy, Wendy and Irene decided to take a stroll for the night after they got home. Irene brought up how an evening stroll outside helps her calm her nerves and forget her worries and get herself a good night sleep later on. She mentioned that it's also a short but great time to spend time with oneself, to be in tune with herself after a long busy day. 

 

Wendy had second thoughts before agreeing to Irene since she was already dead tired in the head. Rose did not really asked so many questions to her during the therapy session but coming out with responses wasn't really easy as it should because even in just one question, her head usually formulates a lot of responses that she didn't know which of which was the right thing to tell. Wendy has brought up this difficulty to Rose on their second meeting and the professional told her that there aren't right or wrong so she must not worry and only asked of her to be honest with herself. Wendy then just nodded even though she didn't really understood what she meant. The first thing that came to mind was how will she do that if she wasn't really in tune with herself in her entire existence. What she only knew was to conform to whatever other people asked her to do, be it at home, at work or wherever regardless of what she thought or felt about it. 

 

Irene must have sensed the inner turmoil with her silence so she held her hand to snap her out of her reverie. Wendy looked at her surprised and when she saw the concern from Irene's face, she quickly wore a smile to hide herself out of habit and that's how Wendy agreed to Irene's request.

 

As they walked the through the park near their place, there was only silence. Wendy was spending her time inside her mind while Irene was walking by her side. When they reached the playground where the swing was located, that's when Irene tugged Wendy's shirt to get her attention. 

 

"Let's go to the swing." She invited and Wendy only smiled, again.

 

Irene happily played with the swing like a little child while Wendy couldn't find any strength to use her legs to swing as enthusiastically as her, so she remained there sitting only and watch her girlfriend enjoy everything. Wendy couldn't help but smile as it dawned to her where they were at the moment. It was the place wherein Irene took all the courage she has to confess to her. Up until now, that event was surreal to her, to have someone like Irene loving someone like... her. 

 

When Irene told her about how she knew about her depression even before she told her about it, Wendy felt a bit offended because it was something that shouldn't be told by anyone in her stead. It's was her weakness after all, a vulnerability that she wanted to supress from everyone. But in the end, she only let it slide especially when Irene brought up about losing her sister to depression. However, the problem has not ended because she chose to be silent about it, in fact, it only grew inside her head as day passed by. Wendy made it a goal to see herself with the way Irene sees her but with what she learned about the secret between Joy and Irene, she conluded that it must have been nothing but pity for her. Perhaps she only sees her as her sister who suffers from the same depression.

 

"Wendy?"  

 

She got startled at the sudden call and her one problem earlier quickly escalated into a much bigger problem as insecurities started to eat her on the inside. "Hmm?" She smiled, still.

 

Irene abruptly stopped swinging as she hits the ground and the smile on her face vanished upon witnessing her girlfriend's stature at that very time. Wendy was cracking a smile to tell everything was fine but her eyes and her body says otherwise. Of course, when Wendy agreed to their deal of telling everything to each other, Irene knew this wasn't the easiest thing to do especially for Wendy who was so used to concealing her real emotions.

 

"What are you thinking?" She asked and Wendy look at her as if she wanted to say something but couldn't so she added, "We promised to say everything to each other, right?" She reminded cautiously.

 

"If I tell you, would you leave me alone?" 

 

Irene was confused because even if it was raised as a question, it also sounded like a demand from her.

 

"Tell me your worries, include why you want me to leave you alone too. After that, I'll decide."  She said without hesitance and it seemed like Wendy already expected her response. 

 

Wendy sighed deeply before she speaks, "It seems like, I already saw it... how you see me." 

 

Irene grew even more curious now that she heard her. Wendy had stated before about that goal of hers before they got together as a couple, but she didn't expect that it was the thing that bothered her lately. Somehow, she's getting a grip of the situation, where Wendy was really coming from. 

 

"And how do I see you?"  She asked.

 

"Y-you only see me like your sister."

 

Irene was a bit taken aback with how her late sister got called out but that didn't stop her to make it clear for Wendy how she really felt about her, again. So she quickly sealed the gap between them with a kiss and slowly deepens it until they gasps both for air.

 

"I don't kiss my sister like this, do you?" Irene smiled reassuringly at Wendy whose face fully flushed. Satisfied with how she made Wendy breathless with a kiss, Irene smirked. "I could do more than that if you'll allow me." 

 

"W-what are you talking about?" Wendy felt embarrassed, what was she even thinking.

 

"I'm just responding to your question, this is how I truly see you. It's the benefit of telling me about it because at the end of the day, no matter how much you stress about it, your thoughts won't talk for me but I could do that for you."  

 

"You must be thinking I was so stupid for thinking like that, right?" 

 

Irene once again brought their lips together but this time it was only a peck before saying, "Why are you assuming so many things about me when you could ask me directly for answers? I told you, only I can tell you what I think and what I feel. That goes the same for you, if I want to know something from you, I'll ask it straight from you. In that way, I won't create delusions about you that only I made up inside my head. It would only hurt me and you, and I don't want that in the end. Besides, I'm more in love and interested about you than what's only inside my head so I'd rather ask you to know the real truth."  

 

Irene stood up from the swing, and just like from the previous time they were here, she sat on the dirt in front of Wendy and held her hand with both of hers. "Doesn't it feel good that there's now one problem solved?" 

 

"Yes. I'm sorry about my assumptions, I was just scared."

 

"Don't be scared, Wendy. I'm too in love with you to  even leave you."

 

"You aren't going to leave me?"

 

"Nope. Not in a million years and that won't change just because you accused me of seeing you as my sister." 

 

"Hey, you're accusing me of accusing you just now. That's not it though, I at least could speak for myself." 

 

Irene instantly cracked a smile, she was teasing her girlfriend but also showing her how it's okay to tell her worries like this and how she could laugh at it after. And now, she's sure that Wendy is slowly going there with how her anxious eyes glow of hope, how her sloppy posture became confident and how her smile was drawn from genuine happiness.

 

"Yes, you can only speak for yourself, Wendy. Only you can do that."

 

Wendy doesn't need Irene to point out what she exactly meant with those words, when she could clearly read in between the lines. She realized how Irene was really looking out for her, observing and stating what's needed to be addressed for her betterment and it's not done in an offending nor insensitive method of confrontation too. In the end, Irene didn't want her to get hurt and Wendy's heartstrings were tugged by it that she felt emotional to a point of crying.

 

"I'm so thankful for you, Irene." 

 

This time, it was Irene who got caught in surprise. "W-what are you talking about? I didn't do anything."

 

"I never felt lucky on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter