Exchanged Words

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was the first day of Seulgi being away for their company's team building and Wendy's start of her terror. Seulgi reminded her about Irene earlier this morning, she even left her own phone number in case there will be emergencies. She also dropped a paper showing Irene's schedule for the week for Wendy to refer to whenever she feels like checking on her. The moment Seulgi went away, she could already feel her head spinning and her chest pumping. She's so clueless how everything will work when she didn't even know how to approach Irene. 

 

She pried Seulgi to learn more about the girl but the only thing she told her about Irene was her line of work. The rest was left in vain, probably because Seulgi didn't want to disclose more about Irene without her permission. She already said so much about her, the most confidential ones for that matter, so Wendy understood that.

 

Irene was a model. For Wendy, that's already enough clue for her to do her own research. As she browsed through google, she can't help but admire the beauty that the woman possessed and that she's very deserving of all the fame. She reads a few description about her working personality from other models and they were all nice compared to the one she witnessed that night. She also can't believe the woman's outstanding working portfolio. Irene modelled for very famous fashion brands, she did several commercials too including one of her favorite soju and even worked with big celebrities in Korea. The one that caught her eye was that Irene's currently working with Park Bogum who's very famous for being a sweet and very responsible man that every in-laws would pray for. Wendy had heard about him but how come she had not heard or seen Irene before?

 

In all honesty, Wendy has no knowledge about showbiz and what more for models? If there were celebrities she could remember then those names surely were well known across the whole country or probably one of her friends or colleagues had persisted to talk about non-stop. She rarely opens the television at the living room to see trends, she rarely checks her phone and she's not on any social media platform. She only uses her phone related to music and a bit of research about her work or to do important calls. Wendy was the type of person that minds her own business and gossips weren't welcome to her as long as it's not about her. Sometimes that was the reason why it's so hard to connect with her which some of friends and co-workers were complaining about. But she just shrugged it off saying that if it's really something important then a call or a visit should be their first option anyway.

 

After a short while, Wendy closed her laptop and lay down on the sofa. With eyes closed, she sighed deeply. Wendy never wanted to intrude anyone's life and here she was doing some research about someone she did not even know personally. And what's worst with that was she found herself agreeing to an almost stranger's request to take care of another stranger. "What have I got myself into?" She groaned. "Wendy you're so stupid!" were her last words before she fell asleep.

 

The moment she opened her eyes, it was already evening. Typical Wendy day. 

 

She then prepared her dinner in the kitchen and ate it once cooked. She looked at her watch, it's 7pm and she still has an hour before expecting her neighbor to be home. That didn't make her any less nervous though, it felt like she's going to do a report in front of the bosses, her chest was pumping, body's going numb and she's zoning out. By then, she started pacing back and forth.

 

An hour passed by, she started glancing out of her window checking whether someone's coming but there was none. She checked her watch again and it's 8:08pm. "Maybe she's stuck in traffic". She thought and went back to the sofa and open the TV to break the silence engulfing. She switches the channel one to another unconcsiously. Not certain what she's really looking for, she closed the TV and checked her phone only to stream some music. She managed to glance at the time before successfuly doing so. It's already 8:21pm.

 

"Damn it, she's late." She said. She stood up next to the door and paced back and forth again. Her nervousness was added with a feeling of worry for the other and she's about to lose her mind. Time flew and was going to call Seulgi when she heard keys rustling next door. Irene came back at 9:05pm. "." She cursed as her nervousness resurfaces greatly.

 

Wendy was dazed and there's no way she'll be able to speak to Irene in this state. She's completely useless when it comes to approaching new people and so she was about to surrender when she heard someone vomitting. 

 

Unsure where she pulled out her courage but she opened her door immediately to check on her neighbor who's still unsuccessful in opening her apartment's main door. 

 

"Oh my god! What happened to you?!!" She went straight to the slightly squatted girl surrounded with her vomit, her hand slightly hanging on the door knob for some support. 

 

"Who the hell are you?" Irene spoke the moment she catches the intruder, her eyes shooting daggers to Wendy.

 

Wendy dismissed the cold gesture and helped her out. She noticed right away that Irene's eyes have trace of tears, face slightly red and her breath smells alcohol. Damn, Wendy knew right away she's drunk. Great.

 

"No. Thank you!" Irene forced herself out from Wendy's hold who's only trying to support her to stand straight. "I can do this myself. Mind your own business." She pushed Wendy and continued her struggle to put the key inside the door knob. 

 

Wendy's patience was running out. She took the key away from Irene and successfully opened the door for her. 

 

Irene suddenly collapsed and Wendy immediately caught her. It was too obvious that Irene was drunk to stay awake for too long. The blonde then set the woman straight to her bed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter