Uncertain

One Thing Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene was already in her 3rd month of pregnancy (8th week now) to which her doctor Taeyeon advised to take extra precautions since trimesters were always the risky stage. Her prenatal check up started on her 6th week, accompanied by Seulgi first and later by Wendy, Taeyeon recommended her to keep her lifestyle on check. Stay away from stress as much as possible, eat healthy, exercise and sleep right. With that, Taeyeon advised her to do not overwork herself. 

 

Irene assured Taeyeon that she already informed her agency and now only finishing some schedule set before. With that, Taeyeon approved and everyone was relieved especially Wendy. Also, her baby bump was already starting to grow obviously so it'll be better to take a leave the soonest before people start noticing. That soonest was first declined by Irene's agency though, only 2 weeks prior notice for a year break was a shocker to everyone. Thankfully, her manager who was very close to their bosses pleaded on her behalf without probing too much. The only reason Irene gave them was that she wanted to go back studying when in fact she has no plans at all. It was a thought only to reason out. She just wanted to protect her child's privacy above all. She'll just vanish from the limelight without notice for the public. 

 

On the good and lighter side of things, Wendy who she adores so much everyday was making her world a better place to live. Ever since their heart-to-heart session about opening to each other a week ago, her heart just kept melting. She's in pure bliss hearing the beauty of Wendy's mind. Her worries, her perspective of the world and her thoughts and feelings about her. She has the idea of how hard it was for Wendy to disclose everything but she was serious about making efforts for her so she did it bit by bit. Irene was truly moved and cherish every seconds with Wendy in her heart. 

 

When Irene informed her that it'll be her last week of work this week, Wendy didn't hesitate to offer accompanying her every morning to go to her workplace and fetch her at night. Wendy didn't take a no for an answer so Irene gave in. Irene told Wendy not to force herself though if she doesn't feel like doing anything and that she'll be fine, but the latter didn't budge and continue with her plans.

 

Monday (Irene's last week at work)

Wendy was standing by Irene's unit door early in the morning. Irene got startled and even squeaked in fear the moment she opened her door. Irene had thought that Wendy already had forgotten since she didn't receive a message from her and that was fine with her really. She wants Wendy to take all the rest she needed after all. But Wendy was always true to her words. 

 

"Wendy. You scared me. Stop laughing!" She hits Wendy with her hand who was chuckling at her reaction, but she also didn't waste any time to give her a good morning kiss. They both blushed at the action, they haven't adjusted yet how their hearts always went wild with each other.  Even a skinship like hand holding never fail to make their stomach filled with butterflies. Every movement of each, they were well aware of it all. They just grow sensitive for each other that just a glance was enough to set their hearts on fire.. Although, at this point they still haven't gotten passed the intimacy of a french kiss and they haven't talked about it either. For now, they just mutually want to make things slow and enjoy every sensation that their growing attachment for each other brings.

 

"You look so beautiful." Wendy complimented and gazed at her with eyes full of admiration. Irene was elated, she really thought through which outfit she'll wear the night before. After all, she wanted to impress Wendy and she did. 

 

"Thank you." 

 

"It still feels so unreal that I'm dating you." 

 

Irene gently caressed Wendy's face and get lost in her loving gaze. "This is real Wendy. It's real that I love you." 

 

Wendy this time took a peck on Irene's lips and sighed in contentment after. "Thank you for being real." 

 

 

Tuesday, 9:45pm

Irene was super tired with her squeezed schedule, she was supposed to head out by 8pm but her photoshoot director asked for one more pose which was entirely for a different cause. The company announced that they wanted to provide a freebie for the product that Irene was endorsing and a photocard was decided lastly. They were really taking advantage of the time left that Irene has for the week.

 

At this kind of an ultra busy day, Irene was thankful that she's now only finishing some schedule before her requested break. Her manager started declining offers despite the surging number of projects coming in after seeing her latest photoshoots. 

 

When she exited her workplace's building, she noticed a familiar built even though it's facing opposite of her. Wendy was sitting on the entrance porch of the building just like last night. Irene's tiredness and stress was instantly washed away but she felt bad that Wendy had to wait more than 2 hours. 

 

Since the photocard shoot was announced late, Wendy already arrived at her workplace around 7:45pm. She told her that she doesn't have to wait any longer and go home but Wendy refused. 

 

Feeling bad about it, Irene surprised her with a backhug and a kiss on Wendy's cheek from behind. She first assured that there were no paparazzis around of course. 

 

"Don't make me get used to this, I might not let you get out of my sight ever." Irene whispered in her ear and that made Wendy stood up and face her.

 

Wendy smiled. "That's okay. I don't want to go anywhere without you." 

 

"Hmm? Why is my girlfriend so lovely?" Irene moved closer to Wendy and wrapped her hands behind her neck. She took a moment to admire Wendy's features, it's been her favorite routine to do in a day whenever they are together. She should be diving in for a kiss at this point but they are at a public location so she had to refrain herself. 

 

"A flower for you, Irene." 

 

In between their intimate space, Wendy managed to insert a single red rose flower in front of Irene.

 

"While I was on my way home after driving you here this morning, I noticed a new flower shop opened near our apartment. I want to buy you one." 

 

"Y-you don't have to." Irene was touched at the gesture. She had received so many flowers before, but only Wendy made it feel so romantic. She felt so special.

 

"But I want to. Do you like it?" 

 

"No." 

 

"No?" 

 

"I love you."

 

 

Wednesday, 12nn

Phone messages

Irene: Have you eaten lunch?

Wendy: Yes, have you?

Irene: Yes, I should be happy now that I'm full but why do I feel like something's missing?

Wendy: I miss you too.

Irene smiled, she was trying to indirectly tell her that and yet Wendy's revealing her right away.

Irene: Yah! I didn't say I miss you though.

Wendy: Why? Are you embarrassed to tell me that you do?

Irene got provoked so she paused and thought of something to say to get back at that. Wendy's so good at reading her emotions lately even behind a phone, she felt so bare to her. Suddenly her phone vibrated again, she reads.

Wendy: Don't think of anything else. Just know that I love you.

Irene lost the battle.

 

Thursday, 4pm

"Irene unnie, I'll be back after a week. I just need to settle an emergency in my hometown, tell Wendy unnie not to worry, I'll call later!" 

 

Those were Joy's last words when they bump with each other at the lobby of their apartment. Irene came back early after a shoot and Joy was with her luggage rushing to get on the taxi she had booked. It all happened so fast but she instantly thought of Wendy's wherabout and if she had knowledge of Joy leaving.

 

Irene walked through the elevator lobby while busy dialing her girlfriend's phone. When the elevator opened and Irene was about to get in, Wendy reached out from behind pulling the girl carefully towards her. 

 

Irene yelped earning everyone's attention in the area and Wendy chuckled while she holds her in her arms protectively. 

 

"It feels like I'm kidnapping you the way you screamed." Wendy said teasingly. 

 

Irene immediately separates herself away from Wendy before her face turn incredibly red. Wendy's perfume allures her very much, she's getting addicted to it which is not good for her weak heart at all.

 

"Where have you been?" Irene said as she regained composure.

 

Wendy only smiled in response and Irene squint her eyes suspiciously. Speaking of suspicions, Wendy's well dressed today. She looked even more gorgeous!

 

"Should I be nervous with that grin of yours?" 

 

"Nope. You'll be proud!" 

 

"You're my pride, Wendy. I'm always proud of you." 

 

Wendy brushed the back of her neck, embarrassed. It's been like this now, Irene's words were like fuel that fills her drive to move forward. "S-should we head to my unit first? We could talk there?" 

 

Seeing Wendy getting shy again, Irene can't help but smile widely. She was ecstatic to see her effect on Wendy just as she has on her. 

 

When they're already inside Wendy's unit, that's when Irene finally remembered Joy. 

 

"What emergency?" Wendy asked worriedly after Irene relayed Joy's words. 

 

"She'll call you soon, I'm sure. It's Joy after all, if there's one person who doesn't want you to worry after me, then it's her." Irene caressed Wendy's face to comfort and calm her. Irene was incredibly worried too, but she won't display it as it will affect Wendy's mood. "Wendy?" She called out softly when Wendy was already starting to zone out. 

 

"Oh, sorry. I was spacing out again." 

 

"It's okay, I understand." She said as she embraced Wendy. Irene noticed how Wendy was reactive positively whenever she's caressed by her so she often does it with her. She added kisses too, she just can't help herself at times. "Let's wait further okay? If she didn't call within an hour, we'll call her already." 

 

"You're right, Joy might be busy at the moment considering that you said she was rushing her way out here. I just wonder what emergency it was." 

 

Despite Wendy agreeing to her, Irene could still read her mind like an open book. At this point, she already sensed that she won't be able to stop Wendy from worrying because it's about Joy after all. Her cousin, her sister, her other light, Joy. The least thing she could do now for Wendy was just to stay by her side and not make her feel alone. Giving her compliments became as easy like breathing, Irene just have all genuine and beautiful words to say about Wendy.

 

"I'll stay with you here." 

 

"Don't you have other schedule? You finished early today. Sorry, I was not able to fetch you. I had prior arrangement at this time." 

 

"Don't worry, I'm all fine. And nope, I'm free of schedule now so I'm all yours for the rest of the day." She winked playfully which made Wendy finally smile. 

 

"My cute Wendy is smiling again. Have I told you how beautiful you are? My heart sometimes can't take it. What should I do?" 

 

"Aish." 

 

That's when they both started teasing and laughing foolishly at each other. 

 

"So what was it that you wanted to tell me about earlier? And where were you?" Irene reminded while they both sat side by side on the sofa in the living room.

 

"Oh. Uhm..." Wendy was hesitating and her face reddened. 

 

"What is it?" Irene spoke softly gently encouraging Wendy to speak comfortably. 

 

"I got a job now, Irene!" She grinned widely. 

 

"A job?" Irene was taken aback, she didn't see that coming at all.

 

"Yeah. I went on the final interview earlier and I got hired! I can provide for you now and the baby with my own hard earned money while you're on break!" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter