Snapshot # 8 Senior Year

Snapshots Of A Small Town

Senior Year, last year of high school for the teens, the one year where they have to make the last decisions on what to do for the rest of their lives.

 

For the unlucky ones who are wandering around lost this year is where they feel the most pressure to figure it out. For the lucky ones who already know what they want, this is the time were they finalize their plans. Of course plans always change.

 

Junior year was pretty eventful for the kids. At this point Jennie and Jisoo are not really talking, Jisoo asked from space from Chaeyoung, promising her that they would not stop being friends she just needed time to get over the whole thing. Mind you they actually dated again, properly this time and although they were very happy fate has a funny way of reminding everyone that Chaeyoung and Jennie actually belong together.

 

Throughout junior Jennie and Chaeyoung kept talking as Chaeyoung refused to stop being friends with Jennie regardless of what has happened. With time and even thanks to Jisoo Chaeyoung realized she was in love with Jennie too. But telling the brunette took time and the best time she could find was when the brunette was leaving for the summer with her dad…

 

“I put all your stuff in the car.”

 

Chaeyoung was helping Jennie pack her things for the summer before she left. And tonight was the night.

 

“I guess this is goodbye.” Jennie shrugs sadly.

 

Chaeyoung doesn’t answer instead focuses on the way the moonlight reflected beautifully on Jennie’s brown eyes. The way her lips were curved up in a small smile as she swayed slightly looking up at her.

 

She doesn’t know what compels her to do it, but in a way she feels maybe her heart was done with hiding. So she pulls her in by her waist and kisses her. Jennie kisses her back in a second.

 

The kiss lasted as quickly as it started but it meant everything.

 

When they pull away Jennie looks up at Chaeyoung open mouthed and disbelieving.

 

“Tell me that was a goodbye kiss.”

 

“I wanna be with you, Jennie.”

 

“What?”

 

“I know we are friends… but it’s just how I feel.”

 

“I don’t know what to say… I, um.” Jennie looks to the car and back to Chaeyoung quickly when the driver horns for her to hurry up. Chaeyoung is looking at her desperate for an answer but the brunette looks at the side door of the car and nods.

 

“I gotta go.”

 

“Jennie?” Chaeyoung says when the girl opens the door to get in the car.

 

“I’m sorry, Rosie.”

 

Jennie left for the summer, leaving a confused Chaeyoung behind with no clue of what their current status was. She tried to keep in contact with the girl but the shorter girl seemed to not have her in mind as much as Chaeyoung did. So the brunette stopped trying altogether and decided to wait until the girl came back to figure things out.

 

When Jennie came back the first thing Chaeyoung did was go to her house with some flowers to give to the brunette as a welcome, what happened then is what defined their relationship to where it is right now. Jennie said she wanted to be with Chaeyoung but… non exclusively. When Chaeyoung asked what that mean Jennie said they do what dating people do but they are allowed to see other people so Chaeyoung wanting to prove to Jennie she was the one for her said yes.

 

And that's where they are right now. Jennie and Chaeyoung have been seeing each other for a few weeks now. The brunette not really seeing anybody else right now hoping with time and with her actions Jennie will see she’s the one for her. Jisoo and Chaeyoung they still see each other and are civil however Chaeyoung, not wanting to screw things up is letting Jisoo take the wheel on their friendship.

 

Chaeyoung from her side besides dealing with two girls is dealing with something far more serious, something she’s particularly scared to confront given her family genetics, because if she does it might just turn out her dancing dream would be completely impossible to accomplish.

 

-------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung and Seulgi were in the hospital, the brunette was getting a heart test done with Chaeyoung as moral support. She cannot imagine how terrifying this must be for her friend so it’s the least she could do for her.

 

The brunette is fidgeting in her spot as she watches Seulgi sitting on the doctors chair as he stick the heart monitors to her chest.

 

“We’ll do this first, then you go for the blood test. Just relax.”

 

“You okay?” Chaeyoung asks worridley.

 

“Yeah, I don’t really feel anything, you?”

 

The brunette bites her lip and looks away. “Just thinking about my life. Dancing’s such a… big part, Seul. I… I don’t want to give it up.”

 

“And if turns out that you have to, you are not alone Chae. I promise you dancing is not the only thing you have.”

 

“Okay.” The doctor says. “Go ahead and lie back.” Seulgi lies back on the chair. The doctor is holding and internal scanner in one hand and he puts the scanner right on Seulgi’s heart and looks at the screen. “You’re next.” He tells Chaeyoung.

 

The brunette in that moment feels the walls closing in as anxiety and worry flood her body, she shakes her head as she backs away towards the door. “I’m sorry…” She says and Seulgi looks at her startled and worry. “I don’t wanna know.” She says resolutely as she turns to the door and walks away.

 

“It’s a big risk, Chae, not taking this test.” Seulgi tells her when they are on the car on their way back. “You know the odds.”

 

“And what about the risk of never feeling alive again?” She asked looking out the window, the hand in her lap forming a fist due to the anxiety.

 

“As opposed to never being alive again?” Seulgi sighs. “There’s more to life than sports, Chae. Trust me.”

 

Chaeyoung only looks down but says nothing.

 

-------------------------------------

 

The next day just as traditions demands Chaeyoung makes her way up to the roof of Claire’s cafe. She stands by the door and looks around, where once sat a homemade mini golf course now nothing sits in its place, a picnic table and fairy lights were all that remained.

 

Chaeyoung sits down at the table and waits for some time. Deep down she hopes Jisoo will show up. She knows the girl asked for space and she has been respecting that however she hopes the girl will show so they can continue their yearly tradition. And what is that you ask, well every year before the first day of school they get together at this spot and write down their prediction of what the next year is gonna hold and see how in touch they were with the year before.

 

Chaeyoung looks around some more and sighs. She decided to take the golf course down as out of the two of them Jisoo liked it the most and it was her who usually took care of it and changed it out everyone in a while. But since Jisoo hasn’t been here in a while she took it down as it didn’t feel right having it fall apart.

 

Looking at her phone she sighs in disappointment, so she stands up and heads to the wall with the loose brick, she yanks it out and takes out a small metal box. She looks at it and smiles as a bittersweet feeling takes over and sits down. She wipes out the dust of the tin and opens it taking out the two pieces of paper that sat on top.

 

She leaves the one she knows is Jisoo’s aside with a sad smile and unfolds the other one reading her predictions from last year…

 

“Try again with Jisoo.” She reads. “Check” She then looks at her side where the lone paper sat and shakes her head. “Breaking Jisoo’s heart again… check.” She gives up and folds the paper back leaving it aside, reading them was supposed to be fun not the other way around.

 

She takes out a notebook from her bag along with a pen and start writing down her new predictions, at the very top sat the most important one of them all, the one she’ll do anything to make it come true…

 

‘I´ll get my best friend back.’

 

When she’s done writing her predictions she places the old papers back in the tin and folds her new one placing it on top. She closes places the bin and the brick back in the wall and heads to her first day of school

 

Unbeknownst to her there was someone waiting for her to leave and as soon as she does the person goes up and does the same ritual, she opens the tins she reads the prediction as a sad smile appears on her face. She reads Chaeyoung’s new predictions first as she usually does every year and reads them a honest smile appears after reading the first prediction.

 

“You will, Chaeyoungie...you still have her.” Jisoo whispers. “She just needs time.”

 

She keeps on reading smiling at Chaeyoung’s predictions, she´ll become a Godmother this year what with her sister having gotten married last year. She’ll get Jennie to exclusively date her. Jisoo chuckles at that as if Jennie had any chance to turn Chaeyoung away, everybody can see they are meant to be but those two idiots.

 

Jisoo keeps on reading the short list and frowns as she reads the last one. “Find a new dream?” She reads. “Is Pasta talking about dancing? Why would she need a new dream?”

 

Is in this moment that Jisoo realizes her pulling away from Chaeyoung to mend her broken heart left her completely oblivious to what was happening with her friend, she might not be ready to start their friendship again but that didn’t mean she doesn’t care, Chaeyoung is her best friend and she always will be regardless of the circumstances.

 

Then Jisoo leaves a new piece of paper sits on top of Chaeyoung’s, one with another important prediction in it…

 

‘Start a new and improved friendship with Chaeyoung.’

 

--------------------------

 

When Chaeyoung arrives to school she walks through the hallways and looks at her hand where her new locker number was written as she’s about to get there someone intertwines her arm with her and guides her towards a different direction.

 

“You know I waited for you this morning.”

 

Smiling she let’s Jennie take her wherever she wants to go. “What do you mean?”

 

“I just figured since it’s the first day of school the ‘girl for me’ would pick me up; bring me flowers, maybe a bagel.” She shrugs nonchalantly. “Just saying, not that impressive.” She said as they stopped on her locker.

 

Chaeyoung smiles at the memory of that conversation…

 

“I was thinking about riding with Irene tonight and… playing the field.”

 

Chaeyoung had asked Jennie if she wanted to go see a movie tonight, at the end of the day they were in a way seeing each other… non exclusively of course.

 

When Jennie says no the brunette laughs and looks down and put her sunglasses back on as she looks to the river in front of her. “The field.” She said nodding. “Right.”

 

“We said non exclusive.” The shorter girl reminds her.

 

“Yes, I know but…” She turns to look at Jennie who was leaning on the railing looking at her smiling waiting for her explanation as if she was waiting for her to tell her she couldn’t do the non exclusive thing.”Well, I'm not sure you’ll be able to handle this non exclusive thing.”

 

“You don’t say.” Jennie says chuckling.

 

“Well, I mean, you know, pretty soon you’re obviously gonna fall for me and then you’re gonna have to break up with all those other people and it’s gonna get ugly.”

 

“I see.” Says Jennie playing along.

 

Chaeyoung puts her hands up as a sign of peace as she smiles. “Just looking out for you.“ She says before putting her hands down and puts one of her earphones back in her ear and pauses before she puts on the other one and leaves. “I’m the girl for you. I know we’re just part time, and that’s cool, you know, you do whatever, have your fun. But one of these nights, you’re going to realize it. I’m the girl for you, Jennie Kim.”

 

Chaeyoung leans on the locker besides her. “I had some things to take care of.” She says with a knowing smile.

 

“Hmm.” Is all Jennie says before she opens her locker, unable to hide her gaps of surprise Chaeyoung’s smile gets wider. “You totally pimped my locker.” The girl says amazed, looking at her locker. It was pretty simple but on the door there were multiple polaroids of Chae and Jennie together, the words ‘Jennie and Rosie forever.’ written on her mirror, a couple of post its with song lyrics were also there.

 

Jennie’s heart starts beating faster as Chaeyoung stands behind her and leans forward, not touching her but close enough to feel her warmth. “Yeah. It’s very exclusive.”

 

Jennie turns to look at her in surprise and the brunette only smiles cheekily and winks at her, leaving Jennie to look back at her locker with a grin and a fast beating heart.

 

--------------------------

 

Later that day the girls are at dance practice as usual, Jisoo walks into the locker room as she had forgotten her water bottle she pauses in her steps as she listens to Seulgi and Chaeyoung talking.

 

“Chae, I’m serious I don’t think you should even be practicing right now.”

 

“Seul, I’m fine, just a little tired.”

 

“Is your body tired or your heart is?”

 

Frowning Jisoo decides to make herself known by clearing . The two girls separate and Chaeyoung goes back to tying her shoes, Seulgi looks serious as she stands up.

 

“Everything okay?” Jisoo asks taking her water bottle.

 

Before Seulgi can say anything Chaeyoung stands up and looks at Jisoo. “Yes, everything’s fine. Right Seul?”

 

Seulgi looks at Chaeyoung who is pleading with her eyes not to say anything the girl only sighs and smiles. “Yeah, all good. See you out there.”

 

Jisoo and Chaeyoung stay looking at each other awkwardly for a few seconds, the taller girl then smiles quickly at the girls and starts heading out as well before Jisoo stops her.

 

“Chaeyoung…” She calls out softly.

 

The taller girl pauses and turns around half way. “Yes?”

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

Chaeyoung hesitates for a second before responding. “Yeah, everything’s okay.” She says with a small smile.

 

“I know we are barely talking but… you know you can still talk me right? Like if you need help or anything I’m still here.” The girl says sincerely.

 

“I’m okay, Jisoo.”

 

The other girl walks out and Jisoo follows as well however the conversation does little to appease Jisoo’s worry, throughout practice she takes note of how Seulgi seems to be almost hovering over Chaeyoung, she notices how the brunette seems to slow down every once in awhile breathing heavily. She also doesn’t miss the look of relief both Seulgi and Chaeyoung show when the coach calls for a break.

 

She watches as the brunette shakes her head and stops Seulgi from following her to the locker room, frowning Jisoo follows her subtly, she hides around the corner but watches as Chaeyoung leans sits by one of the benches and leans against the wall breathing heavily her hand rubbing her chest right where heart is.

 

This only makes Jisoo worry multiply but before she can do anything about it they are called back from the break and from then on Jisoo just like Seulgi watches over Chaeyoung like a hawk.

 

----------------------------

 

Chaeyoung and Jennie were on her couch making out, the shorter brunette sat on on the others lap, arms around her shoulder as Chaeyoung’s were holding Jennie by the waist pulling her closer.

 

“Jen, you ready to… oh.”

 

Jennie pulls away to look at the door where Seulgi is standing holding a bunch of books, the taller girl looks down in embarrassment while Jennie stands up adjusting her shirt.

 

“Did I interrupt?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No.”

 

Jennie turns to look at Chaeyoung with an eyebrow raised, the other girl only smiles. “It’s okay, Seul. It was about time I left anyway.”

 

“What? You are just gonna eat half my pizza, make out with me and leave?” Jennie asks with her arms crossed making Chaeyoung laugh. “Look we are just working on our class project but it will not take long… you know I hate sleeping alone.”

 

“I would love to spend the night, Jennie.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Chaeyoung smirks. “Yeah. As soon as we are exclusive.”

 

Jennie doesn’t answer and Chaeyoung leans her head down to her neck. “Game on, Jennie Kim.”

 

With that she leaves a flustered Jennie speechless and a smirking Seulgi by the door.

 

“Still set on the non exclusivity thing?” Seulgi asked walking further into the house and leaving the books by the door.

 

Jennie sighs as she keeps watching the door. “Sometime people play hard to get because they need to know the other person’s feelings are real.” She says quietly.

 

“Waiting to see if she is in it for the long haul?” Seulgi asks taking Jennie’s lack of answer as a yes. “Look I’m not going to tell you how to live you life just…” Seulgi paused for a second getting serious. “That girl loves you so be careful with her heart… is more fragile than you think.”

 

-----------------------------------

 

The week passed by uneventful. For Jennie she was trouble with the non exclusivity thing even if she didn’t accept it. She was getting frustrated at how Chaeyoung refused to see anybody else. It was almost as if she was waiting for the girl to let her down…

 

Jisoo continue watching over Chaeyoung she could tell the girl was not doing well in the dancing department, she was not completing the drills gave as she normally would, she would always be late or too tired to continue. She hasn’t missed the way Seulgi also seems to be constantly looking over at her friend worridley. Something was wrong so she gave herself a week, the local champion ship was taking place next week in their hometown so she promised herself if she kept seeing the same things she will force her friend to tell her what’s wrong.

 

Chaeyoung from her side had been visited by Seulgi several times urging her to take the HCM test which she of course refused to do again. The condition was a genetic mutation and since her dad had it it was probable that either her or Alice could have it. The Parks didn’t test them as neither girl showed any symptoms… until now that is. And even then Chaeyoung is refusing to accept the possibility of her having it. It’s just stress she thinks, stress from her being her senior year and her future that’s all.

On the other side she has been doing everything right with Jennie, sending her daily text, leaving her small details of affection in her locker, etc… This weekend was the school’s halloween party and Jennie agreed to go with her so for Chaeyoung this was her one chance to get Jennie to rethink the whole non exclusive thing and be well… exclusive.

 

Jennie told her she would go as Sandy which meant Chaeyoung had to go as Danny, she makes her way in to her mother’s cafe to get some coffee to go and is just her luck the object of affections had a shift there today.

 

“You know, you might wanna warn your other boyfriends/girlfriends if they are seeing you at the party, I think you’re gonna be all tied up. So to speak.” The girl says cheekily as she sits down by the counter.

 

“Really?” Jennie grins. “Well a girl can dream. But I thought you were playing hard to get.”

 

“Actually, I believe you’re the one playing hard to get.” Chaeyoung corrected, leaning forward on the counter.

 

“Doesn’t mean we can’t have a whole lot fin in the meantime.” Jennie says smirking.

 

“Mhmm.” She says chuckling. “Just means we’ll wearing a whole lot of clothes while doing it.”

 

“Right, the commitment thing. Think my customers gonna change your mind.”

 

“We’ll see, Jen, we’ll see.”

 

With that Chaeyoung takes her coffee and leaves with a smile and wink, the other girl watching her go with a smile as well.

 

“Chaeyoung is not playing fair.” She says to herself still staring at the door.

 

“Actually I don’t think she’s playing at all.”

 

Jennie turns to look at Irene who was sitting by the counter as well waiting for her as the were both getting ready together for the party. “Exactly.” She says exasperated. “She’s been totally monogamous. She knows the rules. Why can’t she just follow them?”

 

Irene shakes her head in disbelief. ‘This idiot.’ “Jennie, when are you gonna quit this crap and accept the fact that a really great girl wants to be with you?” Jennie shrugs. “Nothing good can come out of this, okay? What are you gonna do; force Chaeyoung to see other people?”

 

Jennie smiles them and lights up. “Irene you are a genius.”

 

“Okay, that’s not what I meant.”

Later that day the halloween party is at full speed, imagine Chaeyoung’s surprise when she walks in an instead of being dress as Sandy, there Jennie is dressed a devil. A very y, beautiful devil… but that’s besides the point. Chaeyoung looks at her outfit and can’t help but feel a bit upset at being lied to.

 

“There you are.” Jennie said with a smile.

 

“You said were dressing up together.” Is all Chaeyoung says a greeting.

 

Jennie shrugs. “I changed my mind at the last minute, couples costumes wouldn’t work with the whole non exclusivity thing.”

 

Chaeyoung looks down and smiles bitterly, after a few weeks with Jennie spewing the non exclusivity thing she’s starting to get tired of chasing the girl without receiving anything back, now she’s not giving up but she wishes she could see just a hint that Jennie wants her back just as much as her.

 

“So you set me up?”

 

Jennie sighs and looks away unable to see the look on Chaeyoung’s face otherwise she will break. “Rosie, look, in order for this to work, there has to be balance. I kiss a guy, you kiss a girl, I kiss two guys…”

 

“I kiss you twice.”

 

“You kiss someone else.” She says crossing her arms. “Chaeyoung, you’re free to go and choose somebody else so please I’m urging you to go ask somebody else out.”

 

Chaeyoung stares at her in disbelief. “Jennie, I don’t…”

 

“Danny! Is a summer fling still valid in the fall?” The girl says as she walks up to Chaeyoung, who only looks at her confused.

 

“Danny, Sandy.” The girl clarifies as she points to the both of them. Said girl is Anna she has talked to her before, during Chaeyoung’s music class but they weren't close merely classmates and that was it. Looking at her Chaeyoung sees that the girl is in fact dressed up as Sandy.

 

“Right.” The brunette says with a small smile.

 

“You wanna dance?”

 

Chaeyoung looks back at Jennie who is simply looking at her.

 

“Unless you are seeing someone.”

 

Chaeyoung turns to her and shakes her head. “No, not exclusively.” She says taking the girls hand and pulling her towards the dance floor. ‘Game on, Jennie Kim.’

 

Jennie scoffs and walks to Irene who was standing close by watching the whole thing.

 

“You okay?”

 

“Just peachy.”

 

--------------------------------------

 

Through the night Jennie watched with a frown as Chaeyoung hangs around with that other girl, I mean who does she think she is. Has she not seen the two of the together in school? Hello! You do not ask somebody else partner to dance.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Look at her.” Jennie says pointing at Chaeyoung who’s laughing with the girl. “I mean I’m right here, what is she thinking.”

 

Irene looks away shrugging. “That you said no.” She says. “That you said it was okay for her to see other people. That you guys are non exclusive.”

 

Jennie turns to look at her with murder on her eyes. “Would the bunny like to wear red this evening.”

 

Irene smiles uncertainty and leaves quickly with the excuse that she needs to go to the bathroom. Leaving Jennie to basically shoot daggers at the other girl.

 

Chaeyoung from her side left Anna to hang out with her friends while she go gets them a drink. Now as I’ve said before Chaeyoung was not giving up on Jennie, she was not playing her game either, she was doing what Jennie wanted without actually doing it.

 

See when she and Anna were dancing she told her truth she said she said yes because Jennie told her to. Anna very bluntly asked her if she was using her to which Chaeyoung said no, because she wasn’t actually asking her out of anything but that she did want to hang out with her as friends. That didn’t mean Jennie was seeing that way though.

 

As Chaeyoung was getting her drink, someone stood beside her getting a drink as well.

 

“Are you playing, Jennie’s game?”

 

Surprised Chaeyoung turns to look at Jisoo, not really knowing how to tackle the fact that she was there talking to here and about Jennie of all people.

 

“Um, no...yes. I’m just talking, she insisted so I’m just following orders I guess.” She said looking down at her drink.

 

“Well, judging by how she’s shooting daggers at me right now, I doubt she is seeing it that way.” Jisoo says with a chuckle, she then got serious again after watching the brunette for a few seconds. “Your mom think I took money from the cafe.”

 

“Why would she think that?”

 

“Because I told her I did. Cause I was covering for you.” Chaeyoung turns to look at her, clearly knowing she was caught and said nothing which was enough for Jisoo to know something was wrong. “What’s going on, Chae?”

 

Chaeyoung sighs and looks around quickly ignoring the looks she’s received from a certain brunette and steps closer to Jisoo as to not be heard. “I needed money to pay for a test. I didn’t want my parents to find out. ”

 

“What test?”

 

“For my heart.” Jisoo looks up at her, worried. Chaeyoung takes a deep breath as she knows there was no use hiding it anymore. “I have HCM, Choo.”

 

“Are you dumb?” Jisoo asks suddenly. “You have HCM and yet you have gone to every dance practice? Is that why you are so out breath every time? Chaeyoung do you not realize what can happen if you don’t take care of it?”

 

“I know, Jisoo. I know.” Chaeyoung accepts closing her eyes briefly, it was something really dumb to do. “I just… I’m not ready to say goodbye to dancing okay, and I figured maybe if I could just hold off until after the state championship then I’ll fine you know, at least I would get to stop on my terms.”

 

Jisoo looks up to her, her eyes glistening. “Is dancing really worth that much to you?”

 

“Is all I know Jisoo.” Chaeyoung say shrugging. “And right now is really all have.”

 

Chaeyoung leaves and goes back to her table her mood going sour after that conversation. Jisoo watches her go trying hard not to cry, because she can’t imagine what it feels like to have a dream and being told you it’s impossible to do it because your body physically can't.

 

“You have me, Pasta.”

 

When Chaeyoung gets back to her table she’s now approached by Irene, who sat next her while she waited for Seulgi to come back from the bathroom.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey.”

 

Irene gets quiet for a second before she leans closer to Chaeyoung.

 

“I know is not my place, but I just want to you know if you need anything you can come to me, we are a team after all.”

 

Chaeyoung looks at her and then smiles nodding. “Seulgi told you… about my heart.”

 

“When your girlfriend tells you she got a heart test done out of nowhere you get worried, then I started watching how she’d throw worrying glances at you during practices, I guess I just put two and two together.”

 

“Are you gonna tell on me?”

 

Irene shakes her head. “Is not my secret to tell, as much as I think you should stop and come clean to the coach I also think this is a choice you made and if Seulgi hasn’t been able to change you mind then how can I expect to?” Irene smiles and places her hand on top of Chaeyoung’s in a friendly manner. “We are friends, whatever you need, I’m here.”

 

“Really I give you the okay and you just go around talking to everyone? Need I remind you Irene has a girlfriend.”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung asked confused at the sight of an angry Jennie in front of her.

 

“Jennie, don’t...” Irene says at the same time.

 

“I don’t get why are you so upset?” Chaeyoung said standing up from her seat. “You are the one who wanted to be non exclusive. I’m just doing what you wanted.”

 

“What I wanted?” Jennie asked, hurt. “I wanted you to fight for me!”

 

“Fight for you?!” Chaeyoung asked incredulously. “Jennie all I’ve done since I met you is chase after you.” She said frustrated. “You kissed me, remember? You told me you loved me, remember? And when I say I love you back you suddenly change you mind?”

 

“Guys, maybe you shouldn’t be doing this here.” Irene says trying to calm both girls down and to keep an even bigger crown to form.

 

“You say love me but at the first sign of trouble you go running to somebody else how I am supposed to know you mean it this time?!” Jennie asked, just as frustrated. “I’m not your recycling bin, Chaeyoung!”

 

“You are right, you are psychotic is what you are!” Chaeyoung closes her eyes at her poor choice of words. regretting them in a second. The shorter girl gasp and shakes her head with teary eyes and walks away. Chaeyoung follows right after.

When she walks out it down pouring but she pays no mind to it as she continues to purse Jennie who seems adamant to get as far away from her as possible.

 

“Jennie, I’m sorry I said that. You are not psychotic.” Chaeyoung tells her, raising her voice to be heard through the rain. “I bit disturbed maybe.”

 

Jennie stops and turns to look at her. “You think this is funny?!”

 

“Know what I think? I think you are trying to sabotage us before we even begin. Find any reason so you can end it. So that you don’t have to worry about getting hurt because you are so convinced I’m going to leave you!” The taller girl says, they stand in front of the other in the rain, not touching and not close. Far apart enough that they have to yell to be heard through the rain and the thunder.

 

“Just tell me, why me? Why not stay with Jisoo? Or Anna? Why do you keep coming back to me? What’s the difference between me and them?!”

 

“The difference…” Chaeyoung pauses and then shrugs as if saying what else do I got to lose. “The difference is I love you, Jennie. I wanna be with you, not everybody else!.”

 

“But why? I need to know why?!”

 

Chaeyoung starts answering without hesitation. “Because you kink your eyebrow when you are trying to be cute, because you listen to so many audiobooks but buy the book any way to read along with it, because you cook the best pancakes in the world, because of the little shrug you do when you are trying to be cool, because I’ve given two of these very cheesy speeches in my life and they have both been with you.”

 

She pauses and looks at Jennie who no longer looks angry nor hurt but she doesn’t receive response from her either.

 

“I mean that’s gotta mean something, right?”

 

Again no response but she sees Jennie’s eyes softening.

 

“And because were are both gonna lose our voice from yelling so much, probably get pneumonia too… but if you need to hear why I love you… I can go all night.”

 

Jennie says nothing but instead walks closer and kisses Chaeyoung with all her might under the rain, at that moment nothing else mattered but them.

 

Before long they make it back to Jennie’s house with giggles and kisses in between them, Jennie pushing Chaeyoung against the door as it closed. Their bodies were cold from being outside in the rain but their lips were warm against each others, and Chaeyoung’s hands seemed to be everywhere all at once on her hair, on her back, on her tight. Jennie’s own hands unfastening buttons and undoing zippers.

 

Her dress came off first followed by Chaeyoung’s jacket and shirt when the shorter brunette takes her by the hand and leads her to her bedroom. Once there Chaeyoung wastes no time in pressing her lips against hers as she gently pushes her down the bed.

 

They'd gotten this far before, that first night after her dad’s brief disappearance but it somehow felt new and exciting because this time they weren’t fooling around, they weren't hiding, they weren’t in denial. This time there was nothing holding them back. So the only thing that could stop them now was themselves, their own heads or hearts...but it wouldn't be their hearts that said wait. It wouldn't be their hearts that told them to slow down.

 

It’s not long before Jennie’s hips rocked in rhythm to Chaeyoung's s, gasping when the girl finds the right spot, "Rosie." Jennie whispers in between moans. "I love you too."

 

---------------------------

 

It’s a nice surprise for Chaeyoung to find out immediately after they are done how much of a clingy sap Jennie actually is. Admittedly, her curling against Chae's side after some of some of the best she's ever had is a cherry on top. Jennie’s life, is more peaceful now, and it feels safer to look at the future with hope and at the girl holding her close with a sense of clean, satisfied affection. No guilt. No fear. Just love.

 

Both girls stay cuddling each other, not sleeping as neither girl wants this moment to end, They are both laying on their side, their legs intertwined, Jennie is laying on Chaeyoung’s arm while the other holds her close by the waist, One of Jennie’s arms rest between them and the other is softly tracing Chaeyoung’s face as if she couldn’t believe she was there.

 

They lay there for a while before Chaeyoung leans to peck Jennie’s forehead and stands up, the shorter brunette whining at the lost of contact. She stays in bed but watches as how Chaeyoung reaches out for a new piece of chalk from her desk and then walks towards her closet door. Jennie smiles when she hears Chaeyoung scuff as she cleans the door and writes something new. Her eyes don’t leave Chaeyoung as she comes back and lays back on the bed the brunette immediately cuddling her side soon after.

 

The brunette pulls her close as she closes her eyes. “I’m the girl for you, Jennie Kim.” the girls leaves a brief kiss to Chaeyoung’s chest and lays her head back down letting the soft thumps of heart lull her to sleep, the words written on her door shooting her heart into the clouds.

 

“Chaeyoung + Jennie True Love Always.”