Snapshot # 10 Of Piano's and Mixes

Snapshots Of A Small Town

A/N: Double update! go back to Snapshot # 9 if you want some Lisoo and baby slight fluff. 

Enjoy this very smol Chaennie snap!

---------------------------------

It was late afternoon on a Thursday night, the soft rays of the setting sun passing through the window illuminating the room in a shower of light. Golden hour in deed. The office that was once Chaeyoung’s music room had become Jennie’s too. Chaeyoung’s reading corner was now being shared with Jennie, their Alexa sat in a corner of the shelf ready to play whatever audiobook the brunette was currently listening/reading.

 

Jennie can count the times were she sat there reading or sometimes drawing while Chaeyoung played soft tunes in her piano, stopping every few seconds to scribble down on her notebook. There were times where Jennie wasn’t reading at all but simply watching her wife play around with her instruments there was something about it that set Jennie’s mind at ease.

 

And there were other times where Jennie herself played with the instruments, generally it was the guitar. However one of the artist she was currently working with was a piano player and every song of theirs had a piano foundation. So lately Jennie finds herself sitting in front of it trying to replicate the artist’s song to tuke it a bit. To perfect it.

 

Now she wasn’t an expert piano player, oh no, that was her wife, she knew the basic and her producing training helped to play things by ear however still needed help and it was a good thing her wife was the best piano player she knew.

 

Jennie was playing around with the keys when suddenly she find herself surrounded by warmth, her nostrils filled with the subtle smells of cherries. Smiling she leans back to the body behind her, her smile getting wider as her wife gives her cheek a soft peck.

 

“This brings back memories.” She says as her wife places her hands of top of hers which were resting on the piano keys.

 

Chaeyoung smiles as well. “I know.”

 

Jennie had been trying to get a particular melody out of her head and into the piano, she had an idea for a mix she wanted to do but her lack of skills in the instrument was making her frustrated.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jennie turns around to see Chaeyoung standing by the door of the music room at school.

 

“Hey.”

 

At this point both girls had been talking again for a few weeks. Chaeyoung was recently single and since Jisoo was not really speaking to either of them at the moment, both girls had been hanging out a lot lately. And Jennie was damn close to losing her mind and was two seconds away from just confessing her feelings.

 

“Whatchu doin’?”

Jennie looks down at the piano frustrated. “I’m trying to get this melody out if my head and into the piano but I don’t know how to play the piano.” Says the brunette frustrated, shooting daggers at the poor piano keys.

 

“Maybe I can help?” Chaeyoung asked leaving her spot from the door and walking further into the room.

 

“You play?”

 

“Starting playing when I was 6.”

 

“Is there anything you can’t do?”

 

“I’m very bad at sudoku.” Said Chaeyoung shrugging.

 

“Huh.”

 

Chaeyoung walks closer to Jennie and stands besides the piano her hand going over it, touching it as if it was the most precious thing she had ever seen. It was clear music meant a lot to the girl.

 

“Mom says I was always music oriented, always dancing or just singing gibberish, using pretty anything I could found as drums, so she figured piano was one way to keep entertained and sitting in one place.” She walks around and stand besides Jennie looking at her expectantly.

 

“What?” The girl asks confused, looking up at her.

 

“What’s the melody?”

 

Jennie looks down again as one of her hands start playing with a loose thread on her jeans, the other still resting on top of the piano keys. “Um...” Clearing and blushing slightly Jennie begins to hum the melody.

 

Chaeyoung closes her eyes as she hears the melody, lyrics start coming to her mind, and it's almost automatically that she leans forwards behind Jennie, her hands on top of the girl’s and the brunette swears her heart has stopped at the closeness, at the feeling of Chaeyoung’s hand on top of hers.

 

‘You the type of girl to write a song about,

you’re laid back, nobody knows what’s on your mind,

We’ve been talking for a while now…’

 

“I’ve been falling for a while now…” Jennie mumbles out almost as if she was finishing Chaeyoung’s lyrics, the taller brunette stops playing and slightly turns her head to look at Jennie in surprise.

“Sorry.” She says looking everywhere but at Chaeyoung’s eyes.

 

“Don’t be…”

 

Jennie is brought back from the memories when she hears Chaeyoung start playing the same song again, she can’t help how her heart seems to skip a beat or two when she glances down at their hands and see’s the sunlight reflected on her wedding ring… both of their rings in fact.

 

Chaeyoung starts singing and Jennie can’t help but follow through..

 

“You the type of girl to tell your mom about,

You’re laid back been running circles ‘round my mind

I’ve been falling for a while now…”

 

“Imma stop singing right here ‘cause clearly you were dilutional while writing the rest of your mix.” Says Chaeyoung smirking pulling away but being stop by the other girls hand pulling her own back around her.

 

“Hey!” Jennie exclaimed. “You had just broken up with Jisoo what was I supposed to think?”

 

Chaeyoung complies to her wife’s wishes and tightens her arms around her, resting her head on top of the shorter brunette’s head. “Electronic mix aside...You had so little faith in well… fate, love.”

 

“Well… fate can it.”

 

“Can it?” Chaeyoung asked with a raised eyebrow. “It’s kinda what got us here isn’t it?

 

“Yes.” Jennie mumbled.

 

“Mmm… I think we should thank it, at the end of the day everything we went through got us here, we are stronger than ever. True Love Always right?”

 

“Yep, always.”