Snapshot #12 Flicker

Snapshots Of A Small Town

A/N: Finally here's the other snapshot. Sorry it took a while a was very much suffering from writers block.

Anyways this goes a bit more into how things where before the failed Chaennie proposal, I wanted to give you guys some insight into what was going on, I  hope I did a good job in showing that.

Also enjoy the Seulrene crumbs at the beginning of this chapter!

Fun Fact.: Niall Horan's "This Town" was the main motivatior for the fic. I We stan.

---------------------------------

“Hey, you.”

 

When Seulgi gets home the first and only thing she sees is Irene by the kitchen, her heart doing somersaults just at the sight of her. It amazes and pleases her at how even after all this years the girl has that effect on her heart. With a smile she quietly approaches Irene from behind, wrapping her arms around her. Surprising the girl as she was focused on making lunch, Seulgi has to bite back a smile at how easy her girlfriend gets startled.

 

Irene swats at Seulgi’s arms gently, but ultimately leans back into her smiling. “Hi. I had the strangest dream.” She said placing the final details on the sandwiches. “I dreamt we actually got engaged yesterday.”

 

Seulgi chuckles happily and brings Irene closer even if they physically couldn’t. “That’s weird…” She says placing a small kiss against her temple. “I had the same dream.”

 

“No.” Irene gasps in fake surprise turning slightly to look at Seulgi.

 

“Mhmm.”

 

Seulgi turns Irene around and kisses her softly, both girls unable to stop smiling. “We did get engaged.”

 

“It’s pretty wild huh?”

 

“Yeah. About that…”

 

Both girls snap of their trance to look at the other occupant in the house. Chaeyoung leaning against the doorframe by the kitchen with her arms crossed.

 

“What happened with the grand proposal, dude?” She asked with a raised eyebrow. “You got me running around town getting props when I could’ve been working on my senior year project but no… Seulgi had a grand proposal planned…”

 

Irene furrows her eyebrow in confusion and looks at the fiance. “Grand proposal…”


“Yeah… about that...:”

 

It was supposed to be a grand night. Seulgi had asked Mrs. Park if she could have the cafe for a night. Which she obviously said yet to as long as her daughter and friend remained accident free this time. After all the events that happened the last time Seulgi asked for the cafe still remained in everybody’s mind.

 

They had been talking about it for a couple of years now, pretty much since the accident. The both of them have already moved in together a year after starting college and since finals were still a couple of months away, plus with both girls graduating this year. Seulgi thinks now would be the right time to do it. She wanted to give them something to hope for once this last year of college is over.

 

The idea was that Seulgi would take Irene dare for date night. She would take her to the cafe and since it was a friday night it meant that Irene would not find it strange that there was a show going on that day. This show was basically a recreation of all the significant moments in their relationship.

 

Chaeyoung even got a script and everything, the lines would be. ‘Once upon a time in a kingdom far, far away two girls fell in love. So tonight I give you an authentic and very unauthorized re-enactment of Seulgi and Irene, a fairy tale.‘ She had scouted some of the friends to ‘act’ the moments. Got props from the theater department. She and Seulgi wrote out signs with the name of every moment. The First Date, The Sleepover, The Last Hurdle, The First Kiss, The First Fight, The Make Up. It really was meant to be a grand proposal.

 

The night before the proposal was meant to happen, Seulgi and Irene find themselves going back to their apartment, absolutely drenched from the rain as the taller of the two insisted in playing in the rain. Irene at first said no, but ultimately as she usually did followed the childish tendencies of her girlfriend.

 

Both girls stumble into the place between shivering and giggling, Irene then looks at the taller girl lovingly an pushes her against the door, kissing her. Seulgi kisses back and pushes them both to their room all while taking off her jacket and her shirt, once there Irene turns them around and pushes Seulgi into the bed straddling her.

 

“Hyun..” Seulgi whispers.

 

The black haired girl sits up and takes off her shirt. The girl beneath her simply stares at her in awe. She looks at her as if she’s the one that placed the stars in the sky, she was beautiful and she was all hers.

 

“I could love you forever.” Seulgi whispers, sitting up and wrapping her arms around the girl holding her close, Irene does the same placing her arms around her shoulders.

 

“So could I.” She whispers back.

 

“You are my family now, Joohyun. The one true thing I have. I never wanna lose you.”

 

“You won’t.”

 

Seulgi raises her head from the other girls chest and looks up at her, a look in her eyes that told Irene she was debating on whether or not to say something.

 

“What?” She asked, her fingers going through her girlfriends hair.

 

“Marry me.”

Irene stops all movement in shock, but soon starts smiling embarrassed. “Stop it.” She says thinking it was a joke.

 

“I’m not joking.” Seulgi clarifies staring straight into her eyes. “I’ll say it again, I could love you forever.”

 

“So could I.”

 

“Then let’s start our forever.” Seulgi pleads. “Marry me? Joohyun, please. Our forever can start today.”

 

------------------------------

 

Six months later, the first semester was over which was great because it meant Seulgi and Irene could have a winter wedding. They wedding would be in a lovely garden outdoors, but the reception would be held on a indoor venue to avoid the cold weather of Riverfall during the winter.

 

Of course Seulgi made it up to Chaeyoung by buying her dessert. And yes Seulgi did take Irene to their fairytale reenactment, she had put a lot on effort into that and she did not let it go to waste. It was a very happy night for most people. I say most because it made Chaeyoung miss Jennie all that much more.

 

The last time she saw her was three months ago and it was just a quick visit, Jennie literally only came back to pick some of her things for a weekend and then left. That was it. Their skype dates weren’t happening to often either. They use to have a call everyday, then every week, then every two weeks. And now Jennie seems to either forget about them or was too busy to have them.

 

And Chaeyoung understand she does. The brunette is out there working for her dreams, and Chaeyoung could not be more happy for her. But that doesn’t make it any easier. That doesn’t mean the talk that they need to have will hurt any less.

 

The brunette is currently staring out the hotel rooms window. Seulgi was getting her hair and make up done behind her and the brunette was waiting for her turn.

 

“Whatchu thinking about, Chae?” Seulgi ask as she looked at her pensive friend. “Your own fairytale wedding with a certain brunette?”

 

Chaeyoung chuckles. “I used to… now I’m not so sure.”

 

“Okay… wow. Did not expect this to turn dark.” The girl mumbled. “Are you guys okay?”

 

“Yeah.” The brunette turns around and sits on the bed looking at Seulgi through the mirror while she gets ready. “We are okay, but I don’t know… we have seen each other probably three times this year, and whenever I’m there Jennie’s always on the phone, she’s says is for work but I see her laughing at it? We go days without talking, trade a few emails every now and then. And then there’s this girl, roommate? That seems to be around Jennie every time we talk and you guess what I am to her? A high school friend.”

 

“Ouch.” Seulgi says because really what else are you supposed to say in moments like this one? “Do you think…” She hesitates for a second. “You think she could be… seeing someone else?

 

“I...don’t know.” Chae says honestly. “We’ve already grown so far apart, so really who knows at this point.”

 

“Have you talked to her?”

 

“Nope. Cause she barely has the time to whenever we do call each other.” Chaeyoung smiles bitterly. “Maybe we are at different places right now, you know.”

 

“Aww, Chae. Maybe you guys can talk when she’s here. She’s coming to the wedding right?”

 

“Mhmm, supposed to arrive today.”

 

“Okay, then maybe after the wedding you guys can talk. And I say after because if it doesn’t go well I don’t want a broody maid of honor to give a speech.”

 

“Your speech is already written, you pabo. Me being broody will not affect it, in fact it's a masterpiece, thank you very much.”

 

---------------------------------

 

When Jennie gets there, she’s both excited and nervous. Excited because her one of her closest friends is getting married and nervous because she’ll be seeing her girlfriend after three months… and the last time they had a skype date wasn’t to nice. Basically Jennie made the mistake to introduce Chae as a friend from high school to her roommate. In her defense she didn’t want to but she also didn’t know how open her roommate was to those types of things.

 

That was two weeks ago, Chae was understandably upset and hasn’t really called Jennie back, there has been a few text message but nothing further than that. So Jennie hopes now that they are seeing each other they can clear things up. She’s sure all they need is some quality time together.

 

“Well, well, as usual Jennie Kim shows up when all the work is done.”

 

Jennie looks up from her phone to look at Jisoo who greets her at the airport with a smile.

 

“Look who’s talking, Choo. If I’m not mistaken your flight arrived an hour before mine.”

 

The two girls chuckle and embrace each other in a tight hug. Unlike everyone else the communication they had was mostly through text and the occasional call here and there, but their friendship remained strong. And guess what Chaeyoung was not the only one who wanted to have a talk with Jennie today. Because yes at the end of they Jisoo was still Chaeyoung’s best friend, which meant she knew everything.

 

“You are two seconds away from seeing Chaeyoung, are you excited?” Jisoo asks once they are seated in the cab.

 

“Yeah, I am.” She said honestly. Because despite their last conversation she was excited, she missed Chaeyoung more than words could say. But there is also an underlying part of her that, even if she can’t admit yet, that feels free at being miles away from home, around new people, it’s as if she could start again. And a very big part of her was loving it.

 

“But I don’t know, it’s kinda strange. I realized, since we’ve been apart that I’m not as dependent on her as I thought. You know, I have my internship and I have my friends and I have me. And I’m not such bad company. Who knew?”

 

Oh boy.

 

“Does Chaeyoung know that?” Jisoo asks, and she hopes she does because if not this was a disaster waiting to happen. Chaeyoung already felt like she came second to everything going around Jennie’s life and her friend basically admitting she’s fine on her own will not help matters.

 

“Know what?”

 

“That you are feeling like you are kinda better off without her.”

 

“I’m not better off without her.” Jennie said frowning. “I love her.”

 

“I never said you didn’t” Jisoo says she looks through the passenger window. “I’m just saying maybe there’s a reason you are feeling that way…”

 

“Did she say anything to you?” Jennie asked worried.

 

Jisoo hesitates for a second before sighing. “I just think you guys need to talk.”

 

-------------------------------

 

“Jisoo, let me in.”

 

“No, it’s not ready. Go away.”

 

“It’s my hotel room. It’s my wedding dress and the photo shoot is starting in an hour.”

 

“No, it will be, but for now it is my wedding dress and it is not ready.”

 

“Does it look like my dream dress? Vera Wang meets Snow White?”

 

“You’ve already seen it. It’s better.”

 

“Yay!”

 

Irene was in fact locked out of her own room as Jisoo had arrived with enough time to add the final details to Irene’s wedding dress. How the girl managed to do it while being a senior student in college, who knows. But she did it, and Irene couldn’t be more thankful.

 

“This is so exciting.” Jisoo said opening the door.

 

“Can I go in now?”

 

“Mhmm, time to get your skinny in it.”

 

Irene couldn’t stop smiling, as she was getting into her dress, somehow seeing herself in the mirror just made her realize that this wasn’t a dream, that this was actually happening. She was getting married and to the love of her life no less.

 

“Jisoo… the dress is just… wow..” Irene said in awe, trying to think about something else to avoid crying.

 

“I know. Thank you.” She said, ever so humble.

 

“Is this your plan after college?” Irene asked curiously as her mom helped her with the head piece, of course the smiles coming out naturally for the behind the scenes pictures.

 

“Fashion design?” Jisoo asked. “I haven’t thought about it, I’m kind of focusing in modeling right now.”

 

“Well you should consider it. Besides you being a model means you at least know how part of the business works.”

 

“Huh…”

 

--------------------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung from her side was already done with hair and makeup. The photo shoot location was in the hotel Seulgi was getting ready at. She was currently sitting by a table near the garden where the photo shoot was taking place, in front of her sat a bottle of water, her cell, and a napkin. On her hand a pen which she was using to write some lyrics she thought of.

 

Someone makes you laugh, I can't help but ask

But you won't say what it's about, And pour myself a glass

It won't be the last, Just all medicine for now

 

She’s really considering of buying a notebook she can carry at all times, she can’t count the multiple occasions where she founds herself mumbling out lyrics out of nowhere, there’s multiple napkins in a drawer back at her dorm because of it. And her phone is saturated with recordings of herself humming a melody.

 

At first she didn’t know if studying music was the right choice. The right choice, in the sense, that she didn’t know if she was good enough. But she has received positive comments, and praises from her teachers and that helps boost up her confidence a little.

 

Too bad her teacher could do nothing to boost up the confidence she had with her current relationship. With the things are going she can’t help but feel that maybe she’s holding Jennie back, that maybe Jennie right now is better off without her, it could be that she’s just paranoid, but the distance and the barely talking thing are not helping matters. Maybe Seulgi is right, maybe they just need to talk. See where each of them is standing, and she would have to accept whatever the result was.

 

“Rosie?”

 

The brunette turns to her right and see’s the girl in question standing in front of her, looking breathtaking in a burgundy off the shoulder, long dress with a split front. Her long hair was swept to the side cascading in waves, she make up was light but dark at the same time, with a black smokey eye while her lips were wearing a soft peach color. Chaeyoung felt the butterflies in her stomach go crazy just at the sight of her.

 

The taller brunette stands up and Jennie’s heart can’t help to do somersaults within her ribcage, her girlfriend was wearing a long mauve dress, with a grecia halter neckline that showed her sculpted shoulders. Her hair was lightly waved with a half up half down hairstyle and Jennie notices it’s has grown a bit since the last time she saw her. Her lips were wearing a light berry lip which added a burst of color to her simple make up.

 

“Jennie.” The girl said, she could see Jennie was nervous as she could see her hands holding tightly to her clutch and one of her finger tapping against the surface of it.

 

Tired of the distance the taller girl walks quickly to where Jennie is and pulls her close, wrapping her arms around her. Despite the heaviness in her stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against hers.

 

To Jennie her embrace was warm, there was something about being in Chaeyoung arms that seemed protective when wrapped around her body. The world melted away as Jennie squeezed her back, not wanting the moment to end.

 

“I thought you were mad at me.” Jennie said against Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

 

“I am.” She admits against Jennie’s hair. “But I also missed you. A lot.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay.” Chaeyoung said pulling away slightly to look at the other girl, “We’ll talk later, but right now I just really want to kiss you.”

 

Jennie smiles as her eyes shine. “Then kiss away.”

 

“God, you look beautiful.” Chaeyoung said in between kisses. It felt good to have Jennie back in her arms again. Yes she was still mad and they do needed to talk. But right now she just wanted to enjoy having her close again. Who know if she’ll get the chance later.

 

Jennie smiled against Chaeyoung’s lips, her heart still doing somersaults. “So do you, purple is definitely your color.”

 

“It’s mauve, baby. Don’t let Irene hear you say purple or you’ll never hear the end of it.”

 

“Was she really that bad?”

 

“Worse than you can imagine.” Chaeyoung said smiling. The shorter girl looked up at her with a soft look in her eyes. “I missed you.” She said after a while.

 

“Me too, you have no idea how much.”

 

Chaeyoung’s smile became smaller and somewhat sad. Confusing the other girl. “Then how come I don’t believe it.” She said quietly.

 

“What?”

 

Before Chaeyoung could explain she was called out for her photoshoot, she was Irene’s maid of honor so she had to take a few pictures with her, Seulgi and the rest of the bridesmaid party.

 

Jennie stood there after Chaeyoung left, confused and worried about what her relationship, Jisoo said both girls should talk, why? In Jennie’s mind everything was perfect, besides the slight miscommunication in their last call everything seemed okay between them, but the taller girls words are telling her otherwise, how could Chaeyoung not know how much she missed her, how could she not know she’s still the last thing she thinks about when she falls asleep and the first when she wakes up. How could she not know every time she passes by a record store all she wants is to go in a buy one for Chaeyoung. How could she not know?

 

Jennie was a nervous wreck now, she was sitting down next to Jisoo as the rest of the guest took their placed for the ceremony to begin.

 

“Jisoo, what do you know?’ She asked turning slightly to the friend next to her.

“Why, Jendukie, I know a lot of things you’ll have to be more specific.” She said while looking down at her phone.

 

“About Chaeyoung.” She clarified making the other girl place her full attention on her. “She talked to you I know she did, so what did she say to you?” Really at this point she needed all the help she could get.

 

Jisoo seemed to contemplate it for a second thinking whether she should open or not.

 

“She said she doesn’t believe me when I say I miss her so, Jisoo, please, what did she say to you?” She pleaded.

 

Jisoo sighed and adjusted in her seat as much as she could in her tight dress to look at Jennie. “Let me ask you something, out of the … 6 calls you’ve had with Chaeyoungie in the past what? Three months, which one has been the longest?”

 

Jennie stares at Jisoo for a second thinking about it. “I don’t know, like 5 minutes maybe, I had a company dinner.”

 

“Who initiates the calls?”

 

“Chaeyoung.”

 

“Right. A five minute call after not having talked to your girlfriend in a month a half, while you guys are living in different cities… I doubt you didn’t anything to talk about.” She said and looked at her friend looked down meaning she was getting her point.

 

“How much do you know about Chaeyoung’s life at the moment? Did you know she’s working on her senior project? Did you know her medication dosage had to be increased due a scare she had a month ago? Did you know her parents have left on a permanent vacation on a yacht?”

 

“So it’s my fault.” She says dejectedly.

 

“No, it’s not.” The brunette reaffirmed her. “Chaeyoung could've talked to you about this before it got this bad, but my dumb best friend doesn’t want to inconvenience you or whatever so she honestly believe she’s fine but we all know the way her head works.”

 

“Then what do I do?”

 

“I think, you guys need to talk. But before you do, Jen, you need to think about what you want.” Jisoo told her honesty. “From what I’ve heard I feel like you both are in different places right now, and guess what? That’s okay.” She reassured her, she may not know too much about relationships and love, but is only logical that two people who are in different places, experiencing different things will have different outlooks on life, at the end of the day, people grow and people change.

 

“But I… I love her.” Jennie mumbles.

 

“I’m not saying you don’t but a long distance relationship cannot survive on love alone. Jennie It’s okay if you admit that your relationship is not your priority right now, it’s okay if you want to take a break to explore new things, it’s all part of growing up.”

 

Looking at Jennie she sees the girl is taking in her words, as if she was thinking things through for the first time. “And Jennie, if you do decide to take that break, know that it doesn’t mean that you don’t love her.”

 

“It doesn’t mean she won’t stop loving me either.”

 

----------------------------------

 

As the ceremony was done the guest started moving towards the salon where the reception would be. Jennie knew Chaeyoung was avoiding her what with her excuses of ‘Irene needs me’ and ‘Say is that person from high school? I better go say hi.’ On one side she hate it because she missed her and she wanted to be close to her. But on the other side she was glas because it gave her time to think about what Jisoo said.

 

The truth is that she could love Chaeyoung forever, she’s pretty sure she will. But somehow the thought of a forever scares the hell out of her. Being in LA she’s learning so much about herself and about the world. Being a city as big as LA gave her a different perspective, she felt liberated somehow like she could explore and she could be who she was without anybody judging her. It was like a starting again. That doesn’t mean her plans with Chaeyoung had change, she still wants her, she wants a future with her but maybe the timeline has to be adjusted a bit.

 

Chaeyoung on her side had a talk to Jisoo and Irene as well, as both girls told her the same thing, ‘Talk to Jennie.’, Because Chaeyoung hadn’t talk to Jennie about what she was feeling, she hadn’t told her how lost she still feels and how much she’s doubting her own talent, the talent the teachers tell her she has but somehow she’s unable to see. She doesn’t tell her the scare she had with her heart resurfaced those feelings of insecurity and fear, she got lost back then after the accident, and experiencing something similar did nothing to ease her worries.

 

They needed to talk both girls concluded.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Jennie finds Chaeyoung leaning on the railing from the terrace, she had come out here to get some air and maybe do some thinking. Jennie having seen her walk out decided this would be her best chance.

 

The brunette turns around to look at her girlfriend. “About what?” She asked leaning her back on the railing.

 

“About your heart, about school, about your parents, all of it.” She said, not angry, not disappointed either, but reluctant. “I thought you knew you could come to me for anything.”

 

The taller brunette looked down crossing her arms. She then took a deep breath before she started talking, they had to talk about someday. “When you left I didn’t know how hard it was gonna be, I just missed you so much and I felt like I lost a part of myself.” She confessed and Jennie can’t help but think she felt the same way. Like she left her heart in Riverfall.

 

“And you were gone, and in more ways than one we barely spoke, and when I sent you a text I just get a reply that you are busy or when I called I got one of those auto reply messages.” Jennie looked down as she felt guilt washing over her as she could hear the slight break on her girlfriend's voice. “And when I looked online you seemed like you were/are having the time of your life so I…” She paused looking up. “I just didn’t want to give you a reason to come back home, not when you seem happier in LA.”

 

“Rosie…” Jennie whispered. “Baby…”

 

“I know I should’ve tried harder to talk to you, I know.” She admits. “But then the I started noticing that girl you always seemed to hang out with and I don’t know I guess the stuff happening here plus you there just got in my head and I started feeling like maybe the life we have planned together… it wasn’t big enough for you.”

 

“Rosie.” Jennie said stopping her. “No, baby, that’s not it.” She says taking her hands on hers. “I promise you is not.I admit I was blown away by my life in LA and my internship, it’s… it’s easy to get it in it but, Rosie...”

 

“Jen, it’s okay.” The girl said interrupting her. “Maybe we are in different pages right now, and Jennie ,if you feel that I’m holding you back then just tell me okay? I can take it. It’s okay, I… I understand, Riverfall was too small for you, for your talent, and LA…” She sighed shrugging. “LA is the place where you belong.”

 

“Rosie…” She whispers again but before she can say anything they hear a glass clinking which means is time for the speeches. The taller brunette gently holds the other girl’s cheeks and pulls her closer for a small kiss.

 

“Whatever you decide, Jennie, I’ll support it a 100%.” She said after she pulled away. “And I promise I’ll understand.” With that the girl walked away, leaving Jennie with glassy eyes, breathless and with a big decision to make.

 

The taller girl quickly looks at her reflection on her phone screen fixing herself up a little before grabbing her own champagne glass and heading up to the small stage where the mic stand was.

 

“The last time I gave a speech was at the proposal celebration of this two.” The brunette begins looking at the audience. “I spoke about how I’ve been lucky enough to have a first class seat on the growing romance of this two. I was there when Seulgi spit out her coffee when Irene first walked in into my mother’s cafe.” She said making the guests chuckle as they all knew how Seulgi was like. “I was there to hear how excited this one got after her first kiss with Irene.” She pointed at the girl in question who waved shyly, her wife only smiling at her softly. “I was there for their first fight, first make up and now I’m here to see them promise each other a forever.” Pausing she twirled the champagne in her glass for a bit before continuing. “On the speech I gave back then, I remember saying prepare to be surprised, well I have to say even I was surprised, because you see they do something that’s very rare to do in people our age.” With a smile and a small nod at the pair she says. “They give their hearts to each other. Unconditionally.”

 

The married paired looked at each other with sparkling eyes and Irene has the urge to cuddle even closer to Seulgi even when they are already sitting as close as they could, the taller girls arm around her shoulder also holding her tighter, pulling her closer.

 

“And that’s what true love really is.” Chaeyoung then said, sighing. “Is not this fairy tale life that never knows pain, but is two souls facing it together and diminishing it with unconditional love.”

 

Jennie stares at her girlfriend and takes those words in, ‘Is about facing it together’, Together she repeated. She wanted that, she wanted to face whatever came next with her. She thinks about the accident, about how she promised Chaeyoung they’d figure it out together, and that’s what makes Jennie wonder what happened to that promise? Did it get lost amongst the chaos and excited of her living a new city, of Chaeyoung being to selfless?

 

“To Seulgi and Irene.”

 

The claps bring out Jennie out of her stupor and she stands up as she knows it’s her turn now, so she makes her way to the mic stand but not before placing her hand on

 

Chaeyoung’s arm as she got down from the stage. “Good job, babe.” She receives a smile and she heads up to the stage.

 

“Um, I’m not very eloquent when it comes to speeches or in like life or whatever, but my girlfriend reads a lot and she has this habit of sending me quotes every once in a while, so I thought I could start with the last one she sent me.” Taking a breath Jennie looks down at the her phone to read. “Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds…” She paused and Chaeyoung smiles as she remembers that quote, it’s from Shakespeare's Sonnet 116.

 

“When life gets hard, when things change, true love remains the same." The girl continues as she looks her girlfriend with a smile after saying the last part. "When I look at Seulgi and Irene I somehow I feel safer, I don't know if I can explain that but they give me hope. And I'm afraid to say it out loud because maybe if love finds out it will try to be out of them and that would be a shame because we all can use a little hope sometimes. You know that feeling that everything is gonna be okay and that there is gonna be someone out there to make sure of that so... here is to Seulgi and Irene, here is to hope and here is to a love that will not alter."

 

The guest applaud as the toast gets done. Seulgi and Irene begin their first dance with Taeyeon’s “All About You.” and just like that they have pretty much everyone on tears with how in love they look, with the way both girls seemed to be singing the lyrics to one another.

 

On a table watching you can see Jisoo looking at them briefly with a pensive look before looking down at her phone where an unsent reply has been lingering for a while. It was simple reply, a simple ‘yes’. She figures they had fun during the shoot why not try and continue it. So with a nod she press the send button, not knowing that years from now that woman will become her wife.

 

On the outside terrace, Chaeyoung and Jennie cuddle close having their own little slow dance party. The shorter girl having approached the girl and letting her know the future they had talked about was still in in the plan and that she will make time for Chaeyoung as long as the brunette promised to tell her one thing going on in her life for every story Jennie tells her. Give and take, love as the end was a a game of two. Which needed comprise and honesty.

 

So both girls made a promise. And a few months later Jennie gets her first producing and songwriting credit. Receiving a text of congratulations from her girlfriend while Jennie looks at it guilty thinking about the lyrics she helped write on that song. Because maybe if she hadn’t been caught up in the wedding vibes, in the high that came with Chaeyoung would she have realized that yes, they were in different pages and they needed time to regroup and adjust.

 

I think I could love you forever and ever

But don't think we should be together, right now

I think I could love you forever and ever

As long forever and ever don't start right now

 

Three months after that song gets out, Chaeyoung gets her first songwriting contract with a producer in New York, she received a simple text with the word ‘Congratulations’ from Jennie which she respond with one word. ‘Thanks’ Chaeyoung doesn’t tell her the song that got her the deal and a grammy a year later was the one she wrote two months before, she doesn’t tell Jisoo either, if she had she would’ve found that flying to LA with a ring was not the smarter choice and that she need to fly to LA for was so they could talk to regroup and adjust.

 

I'm not saying that you're lying But you're leaving out the truth

And I'm not saying that you're guilty 'Cause I don't have any proof

Feeling like I'm going crazy, And I don't know what to do

'Cause on paper, you don't break them

But it hurts so bad the way you bend the rules

 

A year later Chaeyoung finds herself hanging out more and more with her producer, her presence helping her mend her broken heart a bit. When she tried talking to Jennie again and got stood up instead. Her attention goes to the one person who had been supporting her, who had been there for her. On a talk to Jisoo, the girl tells her the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. Too bad it didn’t work, Jisoo tried several times after her break up with Lisa. Chaeyoung tried and tried with the same person, maybe if it worked Chaeyoung wouldn’t have gotten a grammy nomination for the song she wrote then.

 

You left me with nothing,

Now I'm lying in the arms of a stranger

But why do I think of you?

You left me with nothing

Now I'm lookin' in the eyes of a stranger

Just tryna get over you


 

Maybe if both girls had been honest since the beginning, if both girls had follow their promise, Jennie’s first award wouldn’t have been for a song she produced called This Town, and maybe if they had Chaeyoung wouldn't have gotten engaged out of fear of being left behind again.

 

You still make me nervous when you walk in the room

Them butterflies they come alive when I'm next to you

Over and over the only truth

Everything comes back to you