On the Beat

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin offered the small bag of chips over to his partner while keeping an eye on the lit club a few feet down the street. “How could you be snacking at a time like this?” Yoongi asked incredulously, shoving the bag away. Seokjin shrugged.

“You never know when it can be the last time you can enjoy something as simple as chips these days, especially us. You know how much danger we can be in if we’re caught, right?” Seokjin defended before shoving a handful of chips into his mouth. Yoongi shook his head.

“How can you hear anything over the bag and the excessive crunching you do, hm?” he grimaced, eyeing down the greasy bag with disgust before returning his gaze back at the club.

“Look, we can’t hear anything from here anyway. We just have to keep an eye out for Jeon Jungkook without drawing attention, okay? Eating chips is normal, if anything it will help,” Seokjin reasoned. Yoongi rolled his eyes and squinted his eyes at the club entrance.

“Is that him?” he asked in a half-whisper leaning into the dashboard. Seokjin quickly put the bag down and leaned forward to get his camera angled, it was time to be serious. “I think so, let me zoom in.”

Seokjin carefully positioned his camera, zooming into the entrance. It was in fact, a confident-looking Jeon Jungkook making his way out of the entrance of the club. Seokjin laid his finger down on the trigger, snapping photo after photo. “Is that a cut on his face?” Seokjin quietly asked his partner. Yoongi squinted harder. 

“Yeah, look pretty new, can’t be more than a day old. How do you think he got it?” Yoongi mused. Seokjin shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know, Yoongi. He’s in a league with some pretty rough people, anyone could have wanted to take a swing at him, I know I almost did the last time I saw him,” He replied, an annoyance in his voice from the memory.

A few days ago while staking out Jeon Jungkook, they had physically gone into the club with him to get a closer look. They were supposed to just get a look at who Jungkook had spent his time with while in the club and stay invisible. The task had proven more difficult when Jungkook got a few drinks into him. They had observed that he already had a cocky attitude that bathed his being, but just add alcohol and he became a raging . Seokjin had been sitting a few stools down at the bar and Jungkook had stumbled into him, spilling his drink all over Seokjin in the process. When Seokjin jumped up from reaction, Jungkook had lost his temper, grabbing him by the collar and threatening him. 

It took Yoongi a lot of reassuring of pleading to get Jungkook to lay off, but before letting go, he took a good look at both of the men. Yoongi had noticed Jungkook’s eyes linger at his belt when he had realized he had his badge casing slightly exposed. He covered it quickly but the damage had been done. Jungkook had let go quickly and left the bar. He knew they were onto him, they couldn’t let him see them following him again. 

“He’s getting into his car, wait a few seconds after he pulls out and follows him a block behind, we have no room to up,” Yoongi instructed. Seokjin reached for the bag of chips and Yoongi yanked it away, tossing it out the window. “You’re ridiculous! Do like that again and it will be the last thing you eat because I’ll kill you,” He growled.

Seokjin chuckled and put the black sedan in gear, pulling out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter