Assignment: Jung Hoseok pt2

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Quietly padding across the damp grass, Taehyung made his way to the back door of the home. He lightly wrapped his gloved hand around the knob and slowly turned. The knob turned easily in his hand as he had suspected. This was a good neighborhood, nothing happened here. The Jungs’ often left the back door unlocked, not really paying mind to it. He had entered the home earlier in the week to study the layout of the home and had taken note of the door when he did. This was easy enough, and this relieved him. 

 

He quietly pulled the door closed behind him as he entered the home. He heard the water running in the shower. He knew Jung would be taking a shower, he took one every night upon returning home. He peered around the home to double-check for any cameras that might have been in the home for security. After lightly wiping his feet on the doormat, he made his way to Jung’s room. He took care to remain quiet as he began to unpack his bag. 

 

He tore open the package of the tarp and laid it out on the floor of the room. As he finished, he moved the wooden desk chair to the center. As he placed it, he heard the water stop running. He quickly checked his phone, it was nine-thirty. He had an hour before needing to be clear from the home without a trace. He took out a cloth and poured a small amount of chloroform onto it and stood behind the door and waited. Less than a minute had passed when he heard the bathroom door open down the hall, and heard an unknowing Jung Hoseok approach the room.

 

Jung had stopped dead when he entered the doorway, dropping his clothes at his feet. He took a few steps in the room and Taehyung jumped out from behind the door and restrained him from behind, placing the cloth over his face. Jung had struggled but within moments fell weak from the chemical. Taehyung wasted no time and dragged him to the chair and bound him.

 

He took out his phone and set a timer for forty-five minutes so that he would not lose track of time. Placing the phone down on the dresser, he faced his target. He walked up to him and gave him a single slap across the face, and with that, Jung had gone from a slumped rag doll to a man alert with fear. 

 

“Where is your computer, Jung?” Taehyung asked with no emotion. He had to be this way to not let his humanity cloud his training, it was the reason he never even thought of his targets by their first name, it had made it too personal. 

 

“I’m not telling you! Who sent you?” Jung spluttered.

 

Taehyung responded with pulling out his pocket knife. Flipping it out, he swiftly approached the tied man. He was still damp from his shower, only in pajama pants, no shirt. Taehyung lightly traced the blade down the center of Jung’s chest, causing it the rise and fall harder as he had begun to panic. “I will be asking the questions and getting answers here, Jung. Last chance, where is the computer?”

 

Jung had begun to shake his head when Taehyung did his first slash across his chest. He began to bleed immediately with the wound and cried out. Taehyung grabbed him by his hair, tilting his head back to look up at him in the eye. “Now,” Taehyung demanded. 

 

“Under the bed in the black case,” Jung had finally whimpered out. Immediately upon hearing the answer, he rushed and snatched the case from under the bed and took out the laptop from inside. 

 

“See, we can do things the easy way, or the hard way. I’ll be honest with you, Jung, I don’t want to torture you, I really don’t,” Taehyung admitted. He was being honest with him. It was something he could do for the man before he died. He didn’t want him to think he was a complete monster. “Tell me the password now.”

 

“One, one, one, seven, two, four,” Jung spit out. Taehyung typed in the code and was granted access to the computer. He quickly plugged in his flash drive and opened the file that would wipe the complete harddrive. The Swan had specifically demanded that his laptop be wiped and corrupted, leaving all accounts and files within it unretrievable. What the computer had contained, Taeyhung didn’t know. He didn’t want to know if he was, to be honest. Even if he did, he wasn’t allowed to question The Swan.

 

The process was done within a minute. Taehyung closed the wiped computer and put it back in the case and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter