Date Night

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He changed his shirt for what felt like the twentieth time in the past ten minutes. He had a few button-up shirts to look a little more cleaned up but he couldn’t decide. He had never been on a date and he was running out of time.

 

He settled on a light blue button-up collared shirt and tucked it into his nicest blue jeans. He had found a dusty pair of black boots he had barely worn and survived in the back of the closet. Dusting them off he put them on. His hair was wild with curls that nearly covered his eyes. He ran his fingers through them to tame them and had little luck. He gave up after a few moments embracing the messy look.

 

His eyes were getting irritated from his contacts and opted for his glasses instead. The large circular frames complimented his look and almost aged him a few years. He hadn’t dressed up in what felt like years and he was finally content with the way he looked. He was gathering his keys when he heard a knock on his door.

 

“Hey,” a voice greeted as the door opened. Minjun smiled at Taehyung and looked him over. “What do you got, a date?” he laughed. His eyes widened from Taehyung’s silence. “Seriously?”

 

“I don’t know if it’s a date exactly but I’m spending time with someone I met…” 

 

“Look, you know how it is. Just be careful. No information, keep it vague, and just know that it is nothing that can be long term unless she can be trustworthy to…” he trailed off. Taehyung nodded and frowned. He wasn't sure where things with Irene were going to do but part of him regretted the plans. What was he doing? She was innocent and this could lead to forcing her into this life…

 

Taehyung gave a weak smile before trying to pass Minjun but he wouldn’t budge.

 

“Be back in a few hours, you have to be up early in the morning, The Swan wants to talk to you.”

 

Taehyung’s heart felt like it was going to fall out of his body. It had been a long time and he normally only talked to The Swan when given assignments or if there was a bad situation. Considering the assault wasn’t too long ago, there were sure to be hard feelings. What did he want? 

 

“Okay,” was his response when he was finally granted passage. He silently made his way to his car and started the engine. He idled in the driveway and stared at his phone. He decided to text Irene to be sure of the plans.

 

T: Am I still coming to get u?

 

I: Yup! Pick me up at the address I sent earlier

 

T: ok

 

Taehyung couldn’t help but be disappointed. As much as he had begun to truly like her, he wasn’t sure what was going to happen. Things were starting to be somewhat simple with him spending time with Jimin but bringing more people into his inner circle was alarming. The thought hit him. What if The Swan had figured out what was going on with Jimin? He had to take a deep breath to calm his heart rate.

 

He slowly backed out of the driveway to pick up Irene, pushing down the demons that were looming for the time being.

 

~~~~

 

Taehyung arrived at Irene’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter