Met By The Mask

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A hard stinging sensation jolted Taehyung out of his sedated state. He looked up and gasped at the masked man in front of him. The man’s eyes were dark and angry, locked into Taehyung’s frightened gaze. All he could see were his dark, evil eyes behind the thin white leather mask that fit perfectly over his face, almost as a second skin.

 

“What the did you think you were doing?” He questioned, tone harsh and low. Taehyung’s bones felt like ice. There was no question about who that voice belonged to.

 

“Sir, I can-” he started before his jaw was met by The Swan’s knuckles, rings cutting deep into his flesh. He thought he saw stars, his head ringing against the lavish rug he laid slumped on. In any other situation, he would feel bad for getting blood on something as nice as this but he wished he could do more than bleed on this. 

 

“There is no bull excuse you could give me Taehyung. That boy was no different for the others! How dare you defy me!” he spat.

 

Taehyung let out a small whimper. He knew there was a big risk in doing this but he was more afraid for Jimin and his father than himself. The Swan towered over him, dripping in expense and power. His cologne alone probably cost more than what Taehyung got in a year, that number itself not being shabby. The fact that The Swan seemed calmer than he expected scared him more.

 

“Stand up,” he ordered. Taehyung shakily stood as fast as he could, feeling dizzy from the headrush. He looked up at the man and was met with his fist once again. He stood straight up again and kept his head down, knowing better. He could see from his peripheral vision that he was in an expensively decorated study, the wood floors dark mahogany, a large desk in the corner. The room was bigger than the bedroom he had been living in, he could only imagine the size of the building he was in.

 

“You are not my equal. Perhaps you took my compliment too much to heart during our last conversation, didn’t you?” The Swan entertained, tilting his head to look at Taehyung’s fearful face. Taehyung stood still, not saying a word.

 

“I know you wouldn’t really go behind my back, would you Tae? I mean I’ve taken care of you so well…” he sighed, placing his hand gently on Taehyung’s cheek, brushing away some of the blood oozing from his fresh cuts. Taehyung winced but still was too scared to respond. He didn’t want to say something to get himself in more trouble. The Swan’s mood confused him.

 

“You’re better off staying silent Tae, I knew you were smart,” he smiled, patting Taehyung’s head. He began the pace in front of him, eyes never leaving the boy’s bowed head.

 

“I think you misunderstood your freedoms within your job. I’m not going to ask what you were thinking, taking those two wherever you were headed, all of you with luggage…” he trailed off, raising an eyebrow. He knew exactly what Taehyung was doing but he decided to forgive him if Taehyung would obey everything to come. Over the years he couldn’t hide the fact that he cared about him, even if the way he showed it was twisted.

 

A tear slowly trailed down his face. He was more than terrified. He didn’t see any real reason that The Swan would overlook what he had done. 

 

“Don’t cry…” The man hushed, walking over to Taehyung and raising his chin for his eyes to meet him. Taehyung looked away but finally looked into The Swan’s eyes with a gentle tap to his chin.

 

“We all make mistakes in life Taehyung. Some of them have permanent consequences, other ones don’t. I think y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter