Home

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Taehyung’s heart was racing when he walked out of the 7-Eleven. Why would he directly make contact with Park Jimin? Not only did he talk to him, but he knew that he had made an impression. He groaned at his conscience. 

He was fine until he saw the news report. It had been two years since he had committed the murder, so there was very little to find. There was only a little DNA to get off the body after being in the water for so long. There were no suspects, and the fact that he was a successful detective only made the list of people with motive be a large one. He knew he was in the clear, but his conscience had caught up to him. He had turned in the aisle to get away from the broadcast but saw the girl putting snacks into her bag. He watched her not pay for them and leave and tried to catch up to her to make her pay for it, but decided to just do it himself. He didn’t know why he felt the urge to do this, but he just knew it made him feel a little better.

What really stayed with him was Jimin’s smile- Park’s smile. The fact that he felt at ease and happy around him was dangerous. He was his next target, and he couldn’t develop any positive feelings about him. He was lucky that he had not been assigned any new targets since Jung until Park Jimin had come along, but now he couldn’t show The Swan that he had gone soft in these two years, not if he valued his life. 

The Swan was his savior when he was seven. All he remembered before The Swan had taken financial care of him was being in the local orphanage. He didn’t know who his parents were, or why he was abandoned, but he had to live in poor conditions among dozens of other little boys.

One night he had gotten into a fight with another boy that resulted in the staff locking him in a room alone until one could come with the paddle. They were liberal with the physical punishment and Taehyung couldn’t take another beating. He was lucky that the window was unlocked and snuck out of the orphanage. He ran as far as he could go and soon found himself alone in the streets, cold and in the dark. He was found shivering in an alley by a man in a suit. 

Taehyung still to this day didn’t know how the man found him, or why he trusted him, but he followed the man to his car. From there, he was taken to a modest home where he was welcomed by the servants of the home. 

Within his first few weeks living there, he had learned that a man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter