Gathering Intel

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was back watching Jimin again. Minjun had been insistent he did the right thing, so a part of him knew that The Swan was aware of his slacking the day before. Whether because The Swan was Min Yoongi, or Min Yoongi told him about their encounter. His gut knew that he had to be more careful. 

 

He had found out a few small facts but he was stuck at this point. He had been spotted and had to find other ways to get the truth behind Min Yoongi. He had his notes written in a hidden notebook he kept with him almost at all times, he knew better than to leave evidence of his betrayal behind.

 

He had been sitting for a few hours in a different spot than normal because he didn’t want Jimin to spot him. He wanted to go in and talk to him, maybe he could help without knowing it. Taehyung sat for a few more minutes as he saw the customers leave one by one. The store was empty except for Jimin in the normal afternoon lull and he was going to make a move.

 

Grabbing his phone and wallet he turned off the engine and left the car, locking it behind him. He secretly hit the record button on his phone. He needed to have the recording in case his mind distracted him at the moment.

 

Jimin’s head snapped upwards from his phone when he heard Taeyhung enter and beamed. “Hey, Taehyung! Haven’t seen you in a few days, how have you been?” he asked, dark brown hair lying to the side as he tilted his head. Taehyung shrugged.

 

“Just been busy working, we to see some other areas of town,” he replied, being relatively honest save a few specific details. Jimin smiled and went below the counter and took out a bag of Cheetos and tossed it to Taehyung. Taehyung grinned like a child and caught it sharply. “Thanks!”

 

Jimin waved his hand, “No need to thank me,” he insisted. 

 

“So yeah, we haven’t seen each other since the other night. We bumped into that guy, Yoongi I think?” Taehyung led hoping that Jimin would take the bait. Jimin nodded his head.

 

“Yeah, he was a partner of my father’s a few years ago before his assault. Yoongi was just starting then, looked up to him a lot,” he explained. Taehyung leaned on the counter holding his head in his hand gazing directly at Jimin with interest.

 

“What trait did he look up to the most from your dad?” Taehyung asked, popping a Cheeto in his mouth playfully. He had to keep the mood light to prevent Jimin from feeling like he was being interrogated. Jimin shrugged.

 

“I was his apprentice. He had just joined basically and was at the top of his class, getting assigned to my dad to guide him and be part of The Swan investigation was huge. He has always been as passionate about catching him as my dad was. He was really shaken after what happened to my dad. I thought he would have left the case after what he went through but…” he trailed off. Taehyung tilted his head to provoke further explanation. Jimin seemed hesitant.

 

“But what? Is he still on the case?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Hell yeah, that’s the thing. After what happened to my dad, a lot of officers on the task force after The Swan took a step back, wanted safer tasks or left the team altogether. The force was down to only a handful of people in Daegu after my dad left, but Yoongi took control. I hadn’t seen him in a few years before the other night, but last I knew of him his whole life became the hunt for The Swan,” he said. Taehyung nodded in understanding.

 

“He sounds really dedicated. Your dad must have really influenced him,” Taehyung said in awe. Jimin gorged on the bait, hook, line, and sinker.

 

“Yeah, but I don’t think my father had everything to do with it,” he said. Taehyung gazed at him and he continued after a moment. “I don’t know if it’s true, but his older sister had suffered at the hand of The Swan. I don’t remember how she was linked to him, but The Swan had something to do with her death…” 

 

Taehyung was taken back. Was it a ruse? Min Yoongi had sounded as against The Swan as anyone on the outside, but was it a trap? Taehyung’s mind swam with the possibilities. Could Mon Yoongi be his ally, not his enemy?

 

“That has to be awful…” Taehyung said dismally. Jimin nodded.

 

“Yeah. He saw the passion that my father had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter