Connections

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was bothered by the deja vu he was having upon Mon Yoongi’s name. He could have sworn that he had heard the name before but from where? He certainly wasn’t a past target, he remembered every target. Where did he hear of him?

 

When he came home he went straight to his room, ignoring Minjun’s gentle greeting. He wasn’t too mad at him anymore but he had to search for this man before he could forget.

 

A few minutes into the special search program downloaded by The Swan to help him research his assignments and everything came flooding back. He was a partner of his last kill, Jung Hoseok. The memory washed over him. Jung Hoseok had given Min Yoongi’s name and Kim Seokjin’s in the act of saving his family. Once he had written them down and sent the information to The Swan, he had forgotten about them completely. 

 

Why did Min Yoongi have Jeon Jungkook’s and Minjun’s contacts? Was he a dirty detective under the wing of The Swan? Was Jung Hoseok? Was Min Yoongi The Swan himself, getting rid of his partner who was close to discovering him? A million and one questions flooded Taehyung’s mind, one firing after another, every one without a hint of an answer.

 

He wanted to ask Minjun, but that was asking for trouble. He could not completely trust him, he was The Swan’s number one man, that loyalty took over anything he could feel for Taehyung. He knew himself that any man was selfish and would do anything to save his own skin. 

 

All he could do was find a chance to survey Min Yoongi on his own time. The trick was not getting caught. In the best-case scenario, he would be caught by The Swan for surveillance of an unassigned mark and neglecting his duty to watch Jimin. The worst-case scenario-Min Yoongi was The Swan and would catch him in his track and end him where he stood.

 

In this life with little choices to make on his own, he had to make this one on his own. This choice could lead him down a path to his own demise, but was he willing to sacrifice everything to find the truth? 

 

Taehyung stood and paced his room, fingers massaging his temples. He stopped after a few minutes and took a long look in the mirror. He was met with a distressed man with dark black hair curled in every direction. It had been a long time since he had cut his hair. A slight shadow was forming along his cheeks due to a lack of shaving in a few days. His eyes looked sleep deprived and he thought he looked thinner. His brown orbs got lost taking in himself. He had known the man in the mirror his whole life, yet he was a complete stranger.

 

Was this the face of a cold-hearted killer? Minjun’s honest remarks echoed relentlessly in his mind. He had had little choice, but in the end, he could have tried to run from it all. It would have been dangerous and the odds of him escaping The Swan’s army of men that seemed to surround him was slim, but he could hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter