Patrol

The Secret of the Swan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung woke up the next morning to get some kind of plan formulated. He needed to start as soon as possible before Min Yoongi could get wind of him and be unable to be found. Through his notes he had taken the night before, Min Yoongi was supposed to clock in at the station at nine that morning to begin his patrol with his partner, Kim Seokjin. 

 

He had less than an hour to get there and discreetly parked. Throwing himself into clothes and grabbing his normal stakeout gear, he headed out the door. Luckily, Minjun was already gone doing some assignment before Taehyung had woken up. The fewer questions, the better.

 

The drive was relatively quiet across town to the station. It seemed that Daegu had a sleepy air about it and Taehyung was soothed by the peace. He was supposed to be watching Jimin today but Min Yoongi took priority. 

 

He slowly pulled to the curb two blocks from the station, binoculars in hand, he sat in wait. 

 

He sat there for about fifteen minutes before he saw the blonde head of Min Yoongi emerge from a small black tesla and head into the front doors. The man walked confidently as though he owned the place. Taehyung wasn’t sure if that was his personality or maybe he had control of enough of the payroll to basically own the place. Taehyung had to not jump to conclusions, assuming was dangerous.

 

He sat there and waited for another half hour before he saw Min Yoongi’s blonde head coming floating out accompanied by another man. Due to the knowledge that Kim Seokjin was his partner and from afar the man looked like the picture he had of him, Taehyung deducted it was him. 

 

They got into Min Yoongi’s car and slowly rolled out of the parking lot. After counting to ten, Taehyung followed, making sure to not be seen. He followed them across town towards a more run-down part of town.

 

The buildings seemed more and more decayed and abandoned as he drove. Graffiti littered abandoned buildings, grass patches were overgrown, there were almost no people in sight. Taehyung rarely came to this part of the city. The only few times he had been there was delivering some packages when he was younger. It was a relief at the time when The Swan stopped sending him on tasks in this neighborhood, the vibe he got there was an intimidating one. 

 

Were they here to survey some of The Swan’s contacts? The idea made sense but he couldn’t be sure. He continued to follow them around the neighborhood until they pulled into a small run-down convenience store. The sign on the front had half fallen off so Taehyung couldn’t even tell what the name of it was.

 

He waited a moment and pulled into the small lot as far away from the car as possible. He sat and waited until he saw Min Yoongi make his way out of the car. A moment later Kim Seokjin came out and followed him into the store. He looked around and saw there were four other cars in the lot, so at least there were more people in the store to take attention away from him.

 

He grabbed his phone and wallet and left his car, locking it behind him. He pulled on the hood over his head and made his way into the store. He couldn’t see them at first so he began to make his way down the snack aisles, pretending to pursue the bags of junk. He couldn’t believe how familiar he had gotten with convenience stores the past few weeks. He preferred The 7-Eleven where Jimin was, obviously.

 

He heard voices a minute later. He went on his phone and pulled up a voice recording and hit the red button. He wanted to have everything and anything he could get from them.

 

“I still wish we were at our desks, I didn’t mind the cushy hours,” he heard a man say.

 

“Stop your whining, Seokjin. You know w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter