The rise

Sonata from Autumn to winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Although Solar would ignore and avoid the superior clans of vampires most of her existence and had made some enemies because of that, the beautiful brunette was intelligent enough to know when to respect an important calling.

The seal with 10 of the 12 houses had come in a fancy letter with a threat disguised as an invitation.

There would be a gigantic party in a castle in Spain and each of the big ones was expected, Solar included.

The merciless princess had heard the latest rumors.

A wild beast in the form of a vampire had killed 2 kings. The 2 of the missing seals in the letter. And even though Solar didn’t care about that, she was slightly curious to find out who was threatening the most powerful of her kind.

Of course, a vampire of her level didn’t travel in the classic ways, unless they wanted to enjoy the slow journey on a ship or the view while crossing lands.

So the astonishing brunette arrived in Spain in a matter of seconds after opening a portal.

The air was heavy with the energy of fear and threat every powerful vampire was naturally releasing.

Among the leaders of the 10 superior clans, 7 were male and most had tried to seduce Solar to join them in the past.

Not that they liked her. Those creatures never liked anyone during their existence. She was just too strong and beautiful to pass unnoticed.

The other 3 leaders, the female ones, had tried to get her loyalty, too. They were just less aggressive in their approach.

As Solar entered the immense hall, dozens of heads turned to look at her figure and stunning dress.

The followers of the vampire kings and queens were not as powerful as the brunette, and they all knew. Yet, they felt safe under their leaders’ protection and dared judge her.

There was a semicircle at the end of the hall formed by ten thrones and the followers had been dancing in the middle of the place to entertain the leaders.

Isabel, the Spanish vampire queen, made a simple gesture and all the dance and music stopped.

Anders, the Swedish vampire king, smiled and exclaimed:

__ Welcome, our merciless princess! It’s been a while.

Solar slightly bowed to the ten powerful ones and smiled:

__ Indeed.

A very serious king, known as Francesco the Wise cleared his throat and declared:

__ Now that our guest of honor has arrived, we are leaving you children having fun.

With a fast move, the vampire masters summoned another room to separate them from the crowd.

Solar didn’t wait for their permission to sit. She never did.

The second female vampire queen, called Anna, talked directly at the brunette:

__ There are rumors indicating you had a connection to the enemy. Some say you had her as a close friend.

Smiling, Solar didn’t avoid eye contact when she responded:

__ With all due respect, Ms Anna. I have no friends. And if I had, I wouldn’t want a beast who could attack me at any moment. I’m not stupid.

__ What happened to your female companion, the vampire killer?__ A harsh and deep male voice echoed in the place. That was the king of Romania.

Feeling somehow uncomfortable, Solar moved in the chair before declaring:

__ Even though we were never such a thing, I know you refer to the human I kept around for fun. Answering to your inquiry, I believe she is deceased.

__ Deceased? In what way?__ The Swedish king wanted to know.

The beautiful princess stated with a pinch of impatience:

__ I myself threw her inside a portal right into a desert. Not even a low level vampire would survive. Let alone a mortal.

The Italian king called Francesco exchanged some words with another of the vampire masters who had remained quiet until that moment. Then he said:

__ A few survivors described the beast as the vampire slayer you knew relatively well. Can you tell us if she had a family? Any twin sister? Someone who could seek revenge?

Inhaling and exhaling, Solar spoke dryly:

__ Human daily routine is boring. We didn’t talk about mundane things like that. But I know she had a family. A twin sister, I highly doubt.

The brunette might not be a vampire queen, but her real power exceeded 1 of them and 2 of the kings. And because of that, her mind was clashing with their thoughts. Some of them in that circle were doubting her words.

Anna shook her hand in annoyance:

__ We should not be doubting our kind out of fear. Ms. Solar never aimed these chairs or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter