Karma

Sonata from Autumn to winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Solar had fastly adapted herself as a human and she loved all about it.

It didn’t matter the hard work, the physical exhaustion, the variety of pain her body was experiencing, or other things like hunger, for example.

When the brunette was found near a village covered in blood, a poor family rescued and welcomed her.

They were farmers, and the couple was in their 60s and the two daughters were in their late 20s.

Nobody doubted Solar’s story about being attacked and losing her memory.

After being fed and taken care of, the man of the house explained they had no money to feed an extra mouth, but she could stay if she worked along with his daughters in the family crops.

And that’s how a vampire who lived for centuries as a princess became a farm girl, waking up at 5 am and working every day under the sun.

Solar was dedicated, and she always tried to help the old couple, taking most of the husband’s and the wife’s burdens.

The 2 daughters of the couple were not very fond of the black-haired woman, though.

They all shared the same roof and food for 5 years and the former vampire had been relatively happy in that kind of life.

Despite that, a big plague started killing people on the continent and the 2 elderly were taken right at the start.

Tired of their rural life, the daughters sold the farm and left Solar homeless.

The brunette had to rent a tiny bedroom in a dirty area of the city and she found a job as a waitress.

The money she earned was not enough to eat. So, the young woman started to lose weight.

Things might have been bearable if Solar hadn’t started feeling deep, strong pain in her stomach.

The brunette had no condition to pay for a doctor’s appointment and had to simply keep working despite feeling sick.

The plague killed more than half of the citizens and Solar’s boss ended up firing her.

The woman, who had been feared and treated like a princess and even as a queen by many, was living in misery.

Solar neither regretted her decisions nor the loss of her comfortable life as a vampire.

There was only one regret in her heart, even though she didn’t dare to verbalize it. Or think about it.

Soon, the brunette was so thin that her collarbone was practically a hole.

Her cheeks had long gone and her knee and hip bones were in evidence.

Solar realized she was dying. And there was nothing she could do about it.

It was ironic that the vampire dreamed about the end of immortality for most of her 700 years. And when mortality finally became her reality, she was being denied the chance to enjoy it for a nice amount of time.

When the pain became so unbearable that the skinny woman had no s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter