Sunset

Sonata from Autumn to winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was 4:08 pm when the sun set in London on January 7th, 2020.

People have all the literature about vampires and how they can’t walk during the day because the light will burn them until they become ashes.

The truth is that they don’t like to walk under the sun because none of them is dead or alive. And seeing millions of living creatures with their silly emotions is a constant reminder of their actual state.

If a mortal would make eye contact with this stunning person dressed as a medieval warrior standing on top of the London bridge, they would probably get disoriented.

She was there for the sunset, as she had been for the last 200 years. Not in the same place, though.

During the last 2 centuries, the vampire would travel from city to city and watch the sun go away from a different perspective.

The only thing in common was the unwanted company that she would always have.

No matter how fast she could get to another city, that light shadow would follow her.

__ When are you going to leave me alone, ing angel?__ The female with long, wavy silver hair mumbled.

What looked like a cute short girl in her twenties, with medium-length light brown hair, sat beside the vampire and complained:

__ I expected more class from you. There is no need to use vulgar language with an angel of the Lord.

__ Which lord? Are you talking about God? There is no such thing. You are on your own, just like me. God won’t give you a second chance, even though he doesn’t care about your sins.__ Her voice sounded bitter and tired.

Sighing, the angel declared:

__ You must stop living like that. Humans are not responsible for your pain. You don’t even feel that much thirst. Why make so many victims?

The vampire glared at the short girl with wild eyes and gritted her teeth:

__ No, you are responsible for my personal hell. And I will never forgive you. So why don’t you go live your tedious life and get out of my face?

__ You know it isn’t true. Solar was tired of living that empty life. She wanted to be mortal. It’s not my fault if she didn’t love you enough to stay....

Moonbyul, as the gray-haired girl introduced herself to her future victims, laughed with sarcasm:

__ Go ahead. Keep stepping on my feelings. Do you know my biggest satisfaction? Knowing that you fell in love with a demon and you will never be able to experience a relationship.

The light-brown-haired girl slightly smiled with sadness:

__ I am not your enemy, Crescent. I hope you understand that sooner than later.

__ I have a name, Jung. Why are you always here, anyway?

There was a brief hesitation in the angel’s muscles and voice:

__ I am just curious about your kind.

With a powerful laughter, the silver-haired vampire informed:

__ Since you treat vampires as an experiment that went out of control, let me tell you this: I can smell emotions, hear the heartbeat, and much more. Which means I know when people lie. Although you are not exactly...people 

__ But I AM curious. God didn’t plan the existence of your kind. He could never imagine that someone below him would have the power to give life. It is true vampires can’t count exactly as living beings but...Anyway, your particular case is very interesting. Only Lucifer and Lilith were successful at making vampire masters. And I know you had a deal with an inferior demon. It was neither the king of hell nor the first lady. Yet, you are a vampire master.__ The angel exclaimed.

Tired of that talk, the taller woman prepared to leave. Nonetheless, the cute gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter