It is what it is

Sonata from Autumn to winter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Agnes caressed Moonbyul’s arm gently despite the vampire is trying to choke her and responded with honesty:

__ Although I can’t be sure, I highly doubt you may change what you are. Destiny is something powerful. Every time one of you four did something against God’s plans, there were consequences.

Growling, the gray-haired one released her grip and put some distance between them.

__ But Solar became a mortal. I don’t care about consequences. I just want to be free.

__ She became a mortal with a sick soul since her mission wasn’t accomplished. That’s why her new existence keeps perishing with cancer every time she is back.__ Agnes said with sorrow.

Moonbyul spoke with pain:

__ So you mean it’s going to happen again...

__ Considering that Sun has reincarnated 4 times before and died the same way...

The gray-haired vampire punched the wall. She was deeply tired and frustrated.

__ Why the hell did He make free will if nobody can really choose how to live? Or is this just a bull for humans? Nooo... I’ve seen what happens to humans who try to choose their path too.

Agnes suggested:

__ Let’s just say that choices have a price.

__ Let’s just say God is no better than his enemies. Just a spoiled brat.

Laughing, Francesco asked:

__ So what are you going to do now, Crescent?

The handsome female glanced at the vampire king with sadness and responded:

__ I don’t know... I hate the false propaganda of free will. I hate that the four of us were used as if we didn’t deserve a chance, just like weapons.I don’t like my existence. And now, more than ever, I can’t forgive God. Solar had a miserable life and when she did something trying to be happy, all there was at the end of the path was punishment. The other two are nothing but puppets, too. I feel disgusted and powerless.

Agnes lighted a candle and said after a while:

__ It’s totally understandable that you feel this way. However, you are far from being powerless. You are the biggest chance the world has against Lucifer.

Moonbyul laughed sarcastically and glanced at Francesco.

__ Hypothetically... If Lucifer AND Lilith were defeated, what would happen to the first vampires like Francesco?

The woman sighed:

__ This is another question whose answer I don’t know.

__ Francesco can imagine, though. We all can. It’s a pointless war that just leads do sadness. If I won, Lucifer’s creation would probably cease existing. Although I consider this a suicidal mission already, the only one to benefit from it all is not around. God is a kid playing with his toys.

Francesco declared with half a smile:

__ You may be right, but I am tired of being in the dark. My family and I have struggled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter