Little Sleeping Child 1

Their Adventures

Little Felix misses his Appa. He sulks in the corner. Chan couldn't even coax his son to play with him. The little just squats in the corner, a brown teddy bear in his arms. 

Chan sighs, "baby, I know you miss Appa, I am too, I miss Appa too. But he'll come back home soon, for now it's just you and me, bud. Let's just play hmm?"

"I don't wanna play." Felix still is sulking.

Wow. This is the reason why Woojin is the mom of this household, Chan thought. He has to brainstorm ways to make his baby smile.

"I miss Appa." Felix mumbled. And even from where Chan sits, he could see his son hugged the teddy bear tighly in his arms.

"I know, buddy." Woojin said he'd video call when he got settled down. For now, looking at his son, he just sighs again as he walks closer towards where his son had squated in the corner of their living room. He scoops his baby into his arms—thank God, he's not protesting—kisses his temple.

Woojin has gone to an educational trip as part of his lessons on one of the subjects he teaches. They'll be in that trip for 2 days and 2 nights. Woojin has left home at 3 in the morning, that's why when Felix woke up, he has no chance of seeing his Appa anymore. The little wailed so much that Chan has a hard time getting his baby to calm down and stop crying. Although Felix had stopped crying, he sulked giving his Dad a hard time feeding him.

Chan is good with children, he's good at taking good care of Felix. But that doesn't include the idea of Woojin's absence in the house. Trips were common to teachers, it happened a lot before but that was when Felix wasn't born yet. With Felix, Woojin excused himself from taking trips due to taking care of their son but but not this time because his buddy teacher is pregnant so he has to be there with the students.

Chan took a leave to take care of Felix. It was not a problem. The thing is, he knew his baby is very close with Woojin because they were always together the whole day, only the nights when Woojin has to leave to his class that Felix will not see him—the little had memorized that routine. This time is different, it's new to Felix that he didn't see his Appa during the day. Chan is worried for his son of not seeing his Appa in 2 days—but an imaginary picture of a lightbulb flashes above his head.

"Bub, how about a playdate?"

But Felix didn't budge from his position in Chan's arms, he has his head shoved into Chan's neck and the teddy bear in between them.

"I don't wanna play." Felix repeats his answer from before. Chan grinned at that and kissed the back of Felix's head.

"Even with Binnie?" Chan said to his baby's ear, kissing it after.

Felix reacted to it by looking up to his Dad's face, his little head is now lying on Chan's shoulder, he just tilts his face a little to look at his Dad.

"Binnie?"

"Yep. I know his Dad told me that Binnie kinda missed you and since his class is done he can play with you and see you more from now on." Even if Chan knew that his son didn't understand most of the words he's saying but he can tell that his baby understands him. The flush on his freckled face says so—bingo! At least, he had forgotten Woojin's absence. For now.

"So can we take a shower now?" 

"Daddy will help me?"

"Of course, bub!"

"In a bathtub?" Felix asked cutely, hoping his Daddy will agree.

"Bathtub it is then." Chan answered as he starts undressing his son starting with the pajama pants.

"With the bubbles?" Felix has his little palms pressed on Chan's biceps for support when his Dad continues undressing him.

"Whatever my baby wants." Chan grinned.

"With Mr. Ducky?" Yes, who could forget the yellow rubber duck? Not Felix.

Chan gave his son a hum and kiss to his forehead.

"Yeyyy!" Felix rejoiced. As long as his son stops sulking and is happy—when Woojin is not here—he will do anything. Even if taking a bath that includes bathtub will take forever, he'll do it as long as Felix stops sulking. Anyway, he's here to supervise his son in the bathtub. There's reason why they rarely bathe in a bathtub because once it will start, it'll take forever, and with all the chores around  the house they can't risk their son's safety when he's in a bathtub alone.

And as predicted, they took most of the morning in a bathtub, Chan lets it happen. Felix is happy, his sadness about missing his Appa has forgotten, only giggles while playing the rubber ducky, some bubbles on top of his head, it was a cute sight.

After their bath, Felix requested pancakes so Chan with the help of two extra little hands, they made pancakes for lunch—whatever, as long as his baby is happy. And at his nap time, Felix is snoring on top of Chan's front when his cellphone rings.

It is a request for a video call from Woojin, Chan immediately answers it without disturbing his sleeping baby on top of him.

"Awe, what a sight, babe. I miss you both more." Woojin's pouty voice came and Chan realized how he missed that voice so much, it's not even a day yet since Woojin left the house.

Chan chuckles softly, "we missed you too. He really was sulking a while ago."

"Hmm. Really? But you're a very good Dad so it was okay. I'm sure you handled it well?"

"Then it turned out, we took forever in taking a bath." But Chan is smiling as he said it, recalling the moments a while ago.

"Lemme guess, in a bathtub?" Woojin smiles too.

"Yes, he's happy though but it's really different when you're here."

"Awe. I love you."

"I love you too. You okay there? Is the place okay?"

"Yes, it was fine. I am good too. I am worried with you and Felix there."

"Hey, we're good. See?" Chan tilts his phone more to show Woojin their position with their son sleeping on him.

"Hmm. Yeah, I know 'cause you're such a good Dad."

Chan chuckles, "not as good as you though. Honestly, I had a hard time coaxing him you know, it was hard feeding him when he's sulking. But I coaxed him with a playdate with Binnie." Chan grinned, remembering how effective it was and how his baby reacted to it.

"Really? Binnie huh..you know, I have a feeling one day he'll leave us with that kid." Woojin jokingly said.

"It will be okay. We will have more time alone to--"

"Shut it, Chan. I don't like that thought. That's not what I meant." Woojin pouts.

Chan laughed softly because their baby is still sleeping soundly, "I know, baby. I am just teasing you." Chan winks.

Woojin rolled his eyes playfully, mumbling a 'you and your teasing is gonna be the death of me.'

"Hmm?"

"Nothing. I love you. I'll call again later, I'll assist my students to settle down 'kay? Kiss Felix for me."

"Of course. I love you too, babe. Please be careful in there."

"I will. Bye."

"Bye." And the line ends. Chan chuckles again, his husband is really easy to tease. Then he kissed his son's forehead and nose.