Little Raindrops

Their Adventures

Usually on a Saturday, little Felix will wake up late, that's because Woojin knows he hated studying. Woojin and Chan reserved the most hours of Saturday for studying. And they knew Felix hated it, then he'll wake up late. Yes, their baby is wise, he got mastered the days in a week. He knew how to count. He always asked his Appa about the current day then he'll began counting using his little fingers if how many days left until Saturday so that he can wake up late that day. Yes, he is wise like that and they still love him very much.


Since Felix surprisingly has woken up early, Woojin has managed to sit him on his study desk. They're on for counting today. He laid popsicle sticks on the table in front of them and he let Felix count them. They were waiting for Chan to finish showering.

"...8, 9, 10!" Felix enthusiastically counted as he clapped his tiny hands together.

"Yeyyy! My little sweet pumpkin is so good at this." Woojin grinned so wide at his baby.

"Now count all the yellow popsicle sticks, baby." He ordered.

As Felix began to count, Woojin's phone rang. He answered it immediately as he read the caller's name.

"Hyung? What's up?"

"Is Felix awake?" Came Ten's voice from the other line.

"Uh yes, actually he's with me now studying, surprisingly..Why?" Well, Woojin really can't believe his baby has woken up so early from his usual Saturday morning.

"Oh..Changbinnie wanted to play with him outside. Johnny bought him a new bicycle the other day, and he's very excited to test it outside and he wanted Felix to play with him. Is that okay?"

"It's totally fine, my baby's gonna be so happy with that." He can see how his kid's eyes sparkles from excitement.

He told Ten that he'll wait until Chan's off to work. The Bang Family ate their breakfast, Woojin feeding a very excited Felix. He was not wrong when he told him they'll have another play date with the other kid, his eyes were sparkling in excitement.

"Sweety, eat slower, you'll get choked." Chan warned beside him, amused by his kid.

When Chan was set off to work, he was at the door Felix in his arms. He kissed his son's little nose, "be a good boy and be careful while playing later, hmm?" 

Felix hummed and giggled hugging his Dad's neck. Chan handed Felix to Woojin, kissed his chubby cheeks then proceeded to kiss his husband's lips. Felix covered his face with his hands that caused the couple to laugh.

Minutes after Chan had left the house, Woojin prepared Felix for his playdate for the day. When they were about to open their door, his phone rang. He took his phone out from his back pocket of his pants while grabbing the doorknob with his other hand. It was Ten, he answered it as he opened the door and what greeted them were dark clouds and tiny raindrops falling.

"Oh.." 

"Yeah..uhm apparently Changbin's sulking now." Ten from the other line said and sighed. Woojin looked down at his son, he was frowning. Damn, it was a beautiful sunny day just as they woke up, what happened? Woojin can't help but wonder. He just closed the door as he said goodbye to the caller.

He crouched down facing his son, "oh I'm so sorry, sweety. Maybe some other time?" Woojin said carefully. He didn't want to deal with a wailing Felix right now. He carried him along into their living room, kissing his forehead. Thank goodness he didn't cry, though he was so sad. A sight that breaks Woojin's heart. Studying is not a very good option right now.

"Daddy.." Felix suddenly said tugging Woojin's sleeve.

"Oh Daddy's gonna be alright, sweety." Felix is always like this, when it rains he'll always ask about his daddy and often he'll wait for him to come home looking out by their window.

"How about we'll play then? How's that?" Woojin wanted to lift up the mood. But Felix shaked his head and hugged him tightly. Woojin smiled warmly as he  hugged tight his baby back, humming a lullaby he always use when Felix has trouble in sleeping.

It never rained hard, just little raindrops that create soft sounds on their roof. But it did made his sunshine blue. If Woojin can control the weather, he'll not let those little raindrops fall on the day his sunshine wanted to play outside.