Worst Mistakes

Ashes of Dreams

Going home with your husband after a long day, how was it supposed to make one feel? Content? Happy? Protected? Then why was Yun Hee feeling so agitated? So worried? So scared?

Yun He had always thought of herself as someone sorted and had always taken pride in that. For someone who always had this urge to prove herself to her parents and the world, she had always been a little ahead of her age and she loved it that way. She wanted her family to be able to depend on her and cherished the moments they did.

Maybe that was why the mere sight of Kang Jieun always rubbed Yun Hee in the wrong way. Because, to her, Kang Jieun was like a mirror, a mirror that showed the conceited person Yun Hee truly was. Because Kang Jieun had proved a couple of times already that she could make easily make Yun Hee eat right out of her hands with just a few provoking words.

Even a while ago, all Jieun had to do was mentioning their ‘coincidentical’ meeting in the hospital and it was enough to make Yun Hee want to run away from everything. That was the reason why she was pretending to be asleep just to avoid the person driving the car. The irony of everything – the person who was driving the car was none other her husband and the father of her unborn children. And there she was, pretending to sleep to the point of avoiding the numerous rings of her phone. The phone stopped after a while though, probably because it had run out of battery or something that Yun Hee couldn’t afford to worry about at that moment.

She knew what awaited her. She knew what she had to do once they were in sanctuary of their home. That car journey of theirs, it was just the calm before the storm. When Sehun had found her in the restaurant parking lot, he had only asked her if she was alright, to which she had given him a meek nod. Then after getting into the car, he had asked her if she needed some adjustment to the AC, to which she had just mumbled a pathetic “No, it’s fine”. 

That’s it. Sure Sehun had clutched the steering wheel a little too tight afterwards, but that was okay for her. Sure he hadn't looked her in the eyes even once, but that was still okay. Yun Hee was fine with that. Because she knew what was coming later and she needed her peace of mind to prepare herself, even if it was only for a short while.

Yun Hee shivered as she remembered the day of their appearance in the court. She clearly remembered her beating heart that was on the verge of leaping out of her chest at the revelation of the fact that she was carrying twins. She remembered how Sehun had shed tears that wasn’t solely out of joy and herself joining him. 

She remembered muttering a soft “I am going to the washroom” in her cracked voice, to which her husband had replied with an equally hoarse “I will be waiting for you in the car” before placing a soft kiss on her forehead and bolting out of the doctor’s cabin without looking back. 

It was supposed to be left at that. They were supposed to let out their feelings in each other’s absence and compose themselves after that. Sehun was supposed to do that in the car while Yun Hee was supposed to do that in the hospital restroom. 

Maybe Sehun had gotten the chance to do so, but Yun Hee hadn’t been so lucky. Because in the washroom, she happened to meet the one person she wouldn’t have expected to meet even in her worst nightmare – Kang Jieun. And once again, she had successfully shaken Yun Hee’s world with her provocatively true words. The memory of that meeting was so horrible that it still gave her chills.

 

Yun Hee didn’t know that turning a few hallways of the hospital she knew by heart could be that burdensome. Countless times, she had come in the way of other people, a couple of times, almost stepping on their feet. A few times, she had even stumbled upon walls she knew was supposed to be there but couldn’t care about at that moment. In short, Lee Yun Hee was a kind of mess she was not used to being.

By the time she reached the door of the women’s room, tears were already streaming down her face like no tomorrow. Her hands reached to fondle her bump that was carrying two lives. Yun Hee still could not find it in herself to believe that there are two of them inside her, that she was on her way to prepare a broken family for her two miracles.

She kept splashing cold water on her face until she couldn’t feel the warm dampness of her tears anymore. Then she looked up and let her eyes roam around the small space of the room, focusing on anything but the mirror. Looking around with her watery eyes, the blurry whiteness of the walls seemed to be closing in on her, making her feel even more suffocated. She wanted to be out of there, wanted to be in the sturdy arms of a certain man she also wanted to punish so badly. But now that she came to think about it, why did she even want to punish him?

Was it because he had met with Jieun behind her back? Yun Hee trusted him enough to believe that nothing had happened in those moments. And it was not like she also told him everything.

Then was it because it was JIEUN whom he had been meeting behind her back? But hadn’t Yun Hee already considered Sehun’s ex just another passer-by of their life? So had she been a hypocrite all those times?

Yun Hee finally mustered up the courage to look at the mirror, but what she saw scared her out of her wits. It was a stranger, or what she would have liked to believe. Because Yun Hee would never acknowledge that person looking at her as her own self. Who was that worn-out woman? Water was dripping down all over her face, sunlight was falling on her face only to show the obvious unhealthy paleness of her skin. Her eyes looked droopy and sunken while her hair was all over the place. It couldn’t be her, but it WAS her. How did she turn out to be so pathetic? 

Yun Hee clutched her hair in frustration and let out a scream. Whatever that was happening with Sehun - the divorce and everything, she didn’t want that. Then what did she exactly want? Sadly, the mirror didn’t give her an answer. 

“As much as I thought I would love to see you cry, you look too gross for anyone’s taste.”

Yun Hee turned to face the source of the familiar-yet-not-so-much tone, only to find the last person she wanted to see at that moment. It was Kang Jieun, leaning against the doorway in all her glory, making Yun Hee’s eyes sting. She knew that fate hated her, but didn’t know to that extent.

“What are you doing here?”, Yun Hee hissed and that was definitely not because of the hoarseness of her voice.

“I am just a harmless patient going to visit my dermatologist. Don’t need to get so rude.” Jieun let out a sugary smile, making Yun Hee cringe.

“Seeing how frequently we are running into each other in a hospital, aren’t you afraid of people assuming that you are getting a plastic surgery?”, Yun Hee mocked, then felt bad immediately. She saw Jieun stiffening, which made her feel even worse. But Jieun was quick to recover.

“I am someone who sells because of my face. Taking care of it often is something I ought to do.” She smiled and Yun Hee felt this sudden urge to ask her how she could smile with so much malice all the time. Didn’t it get tiring?

“Well, if you could excuse me, I need to leave. I have an appointment to attend.”

“Is that why Sehun is waiting outside?” Jieun implored and Yun Hee halted in her steps.

“Well, isn’t he a sweetheart for doing so, waiting for his PREGNANT wife who is carrying his twins?” 

Probably sensing the baffled look on Yun Hee’s, she continued, “Oh! Please don’t think I am spying on you or something. I just saw you two coming out of the OB-GYN’s office and kind of figured. Your reaction gave away the rest though.”

It was Yun Hee’s turn to plaster a fake smile on her face as she turned to face the bane of her existence. “Well, my husband is definitely a sweet person annd I am sure he is gonna be equally wonderful as a father of our twins.” 

Jieun seemed a little shocked at her newfound confidence and Yun Hee couldn’t feel any more proud. But to her disappointment, that didn’t seem to last very long.

“No one would know that better than me, would they? That just how much of gentleman Sehun can be?”, Jieun remarked.

“But he seemed a little disturbed for an expecting father, you know. So I didn’t call out to him.”

Yun Hee froze in her spot. Why was that woman always able to see through them all the freaking time?

Jieun smirked slightly at her reaction before shrugging casually. “Anyways, I am quite jealous of you two. You seem very much in LOVE with each other”, she mocked, emphasizing on the word ‘love’. 

Yun Hee started shaking in an uncontrollable rage. She was going to be divorced in an hour because of that woman and here she was, ridiculing Yun Hee till the end. 

Jieun continued, all cool and collected. “I hope nobody casts an evil eye on your relat…”

“What help your hoping would do when we are getting divorced today?” Yun Hee murmured in frustration before her eyes widened. Oh, God! What had she done?

Jieun finally showed her true colours as she looked at Yun Hee with interest all over her face. “Is that so?” 

She didn’t even bother to hide her happiness, making Yun Hee feel like throwing up. “Oh! That’s so sad. How did things end up like that?”, she asked with a…was that a smirk? How could someone be that heartless?

“You are the reason, you worthless piece of .”

Jieun crossed her arms over her chest in amusement and Yun Hee couldn’t help desperate want to have the upper hand.

“But in case you are wondering, it’s not Sehun who asked for that. If anything, he is begging me to not divorce him…”

Finally Jieun looked a little bothered and Yun Hee relished in satisfaction.

“…literally begged, if you know what I mean.”

Yun Hee smiled through the angry tears that had been welling up. was about to get clogged up with all the spite building up inside her.

Yun Hee was about to leave when she was stopped by Jieun’s voice.

“Do you think Sehun loves you?”, Jieun sneered, making Yun Hee relalize something. Things were getting dirty, dirtier than she could handle.

“Young miss…” She pointed at Yun Hee. “…you have always been just a replacement of mine, a person he relied on only because I wasn’t there.”

A cold dread filled Yun Hee’s heart, but she ignored it. That was not the time to cower in fear. 

“You think you know what is in his heart?” But her words didn’t sound as confident as Yun Hee had wanted. Why was she suddenly recalling the beginning days of their marriage?

“If you are so confident about what is in his heart, then why are you leaving him?” Jieun asked the question of the century.

Afraid that she would end up doing something regrettable in anger, Yun Hee turned to leave again when Jieun shot a whole new bunch of questions towards her. They came with a force so strong that she physically stumbled from nowhere.

“It takes mutual agreement for a divorce to happen. Do you really think your divorce would be happening if Sehun truly didn’t want that?”

Yun Hee stopped. What was Jieun saying?

“You told me that he has been begging you to not divorce him, but has he taken any action to stop that? You know, not signing the papers or fighting against with his everything and stuff like that? 

Yun Hee couldn’t see Jieun’s face, but her words were enough to make her clench her fists.

“Is he really going through the divorce only because you want him to do so? He could have refused to sign the papers, couldn’t he?” He did refuse,Yun Hee thought, but eventually gave in. He could have stayed stubborn though...right

Oh god! What was she thinking? Why were her thoughts getting affected by Jieun? 

“He could have put up a strong fight. He could have refused to appear in the court, he can still do so. Hell, he can even say ‘no’ when asked in the court, but do you think he will do so?” Jieun huffed, Yun Hee knew that she wasn’t done yet. 

“Do you think he is doing everything because he respects your decision? Cut the crap, Yun Hee. We both know the amount of struggle Sehun had gone through after I had left. What he is doing for you doesn’t even come close. And do you know why is that?” Yun Hee raised her head that had hung low even without her notice, only to find Jieun looking proud like never before. 

“It is because he has no reason to say ‘no’ to the divorce, not even for the sake of your twins.” There she said it. She said the words that had been haunting Yun Hee every passing moment of her days.

Yun Hee shut her eyes and punched the wall beside her before scurrying out of the room…before the air around her could crush her windpipes. 

And just like Jieun had said, Sehun hadn’t said ‘no’ in the court, even though it was his ultimate chance to change everything. Suddenly all his previous cries and beggings didn’t seem genuine to Yun Hee. Her head was only ringing with Jieun’s last words that managed to reach her ears before she was out of her reach – “Has he ever said that he loves you?”

No, Yun Hee couldn’t lose to Jieun that easily. She couldn’t give her what she wanted. She couldn’t let go of Oh Sehun that easily. And it wasn’t out of her love for him, it was out of her obsession to make Sehun feel as broken as she had been feeling, if not more.

And that’s how Yun Hee ended up making the worst of all mistakes she could ever make in her life.

 

Yun Hee stopped in the doorway when her eyes fell on the tall figure of her husband. The jug in her hand started shaking as her heart picked up an unusual pace. It was just like any other night when Sehun came out after taking a shower, looking as handsome as ever in a blue bathrobe.

Even after everything that had happened, her husband seemed too calm to be real. They came home to Sehun offering her a massage, had their dinner with him being chattier than usual. It was as though he had changed overnight, from giving her small smiles and half-hearted replies to being cheerful like nothing was ever wrong between them. He hadn't brought up the restaurant incident even once and knowing him for more than a year, Yun Hee could tell what was in his mind.

Her husband was trying to hide his anxiety.

"Hey, how long have you been standing there?" Yun Hee was brought out of her reverie as she felt the jug full of water being whisked away. "Let me take this, you must be tired."

Yun Hee didn't reply as she silently made her way towards the bed, observing her husband the whole time. He placed the jug on a bedside table, put his wet towel away from the bed, made his way to the closet to get changed and came out after a while wearing a cosy black tee. The fact that Yun Hee was staring at him the whole time didn't bother him at all. 

Of course it didn't. After all, he had been vigorously avoiding eye contact with her. 

“Hee!” The word that came out of him sounded strained.

“Yeah?” Yun Hee let out meekly. 

He didn't look at her as he went to sit on the bed facing her and handed her a glass of water and her regular meds. Yun Hee gulped down the tablets and drank some water slowly as a sudden bone-crushing fear consumed her whole.

“You never told me about meeting up with Jieun. Judging from your reaction, it couldn't have been an insignificant one.” He said as he wiped her lips with his thumb and placed the empty glass back on the bedside table.

Her husband looked a little livid, but mostly concerned. Yun Hee didn't know if it was the lividity or the concern, but something about his expression caused her weeks of restraint to snap.

Suddenly she had this urge to let out everything she had been keeping in herself since that conversation with Jieun. 

She wanted to blame him for breaking her faith in him, she wanted to curse him for hurting her and...

“Nothing much.” Yun Hee shrugged. “She just made me hate you a little more than I already did.”

...she wanted to hurt him back for never loving her. And boy he looked hurt at that moment. That's how it started - the impending war between them.

“Do you know my main reason for wanting the divorce? It's because your feelings for me aren’t convincing enough to make me stay.”

 

 

It happened when Jongin was calling Yun Hee for the nth time that he was finally directed to her voicemail.

“The person you have called is currently unavailable.”

It was also at that moment when he also lost his patience completely, even though he was standing in a place public enough for the heir of Kim Corp. to keep his head cool no matter what. But Kim Jongin was way too agitated at that moment to care for his surroundings or the cars passing him. So it didn’t matter if he was at the parking lot of a popular Italian restaurant.

Jongin regretted staying behind with Jieun after Yun Hee had abruptly left the scene. He should have at least asked Yun Hee what was wrong. But his damned feet, they seemed to have frozen up when he saw Sehun running after her. So he stayed put, listened to Jieun sprouting nonsense and got out only after the couple was already gone. The fact that his mind kept flashing Yun Hee’s distressed face didn’t help either. He was always a little too late when it came to Lee Yun Hee.

“Weren’t we all living a better life when Lee Yun Hee wasn’t in our lives?”

Jongin let out a bitter laugh when he remembered that last remark of Jieun. He used to have the most carefree life once, being the star of his own. And now, he just felt like a pedestrian in Yun Hee’s life, a passerby who was there only to be left in the sidelines, just like his numerous phone call that were left unanswered. And the sadder fact about the whole thing – that certain someone else’s life still mattered a lot more to Jongin than his own life, his life that was once his everything.

So was he really living a life better before Yun Hee like Jieun had said?

Jongin was brought back to the reality when his eyes fell on a figure covered from head to toe, even the eyes were hidden behind sunglasses. Sunglasses at night, maybe that’s what had caught his attention, but the thing that had truly gripped his focus was the familiar outfit. 

It was Jieun, approaching a car that had arrived in Jongin’s line of sight just a minute ago but wasn’t quite noticed by him. He watched as she lowered her mask slightly and knocked on the window of the car. He watched as she took a few steps back and the door was opened by the person sitting inside. He watched as a taller and equally veiled figure got out of the driving seat and engulfed Jieun in a protective hug, who now seemed all tired and defenceless. The scenery in front of him was so familiar that it gave Jongin the perfect sense of déjà vu. The only difference was that he knew exactly when and where he had seen something similar to that.

It was a little more than a month ago, a week prior to Sehun and Yun Hee’s court appearance. Nothing much had been happening besides Jongin being his usual distraught self. He had been walking home after doing some grocery shopping just to take his mind off stuffs. His mind had been filled with thoughts about Yun Hee, something that hardly fazed Jongin anymore. After all, he was more used to being lost in thoughts about Yun Hee than his own self ever since he met her.

The night had been so dull that Jongin should have guessed that trouble was lurking just around as his eyes suddenly fell on a not-so-strange sight in front of him. Yes, the scene hadn't been strange because in front of him was nothing but a couple enjoying a sweet late night date, sharing some fish cakes and smiling at each other. It was so normal that it would have never caught Jongin’s attention if not for their suspicious clothing and a very familiar laugh coming from the girl. 

It had been Jieun, standing beside a guy Jongin couldn’t recognise no matter how much he tried. Maybe he had been trying a little too hard because in no time, he had also happened to catch the attention of both Jieun and her male companion, in no time. Even now, Jongin could feel the stone-cold gaze of Jieun’s filtrating his mind and shaking his soul, as she saw him eyeing her and her companion accusingly.

 

“If you guys are having some sort of secret date, I suggest you to wear something that would make your hiding seem less obvious.” Jongin said as he approached the couple. He was amused when he saw the guy getting protective of Jieun, trying to hide her from him.

“For someone who is so hell bent on ruining the marriage of her ex”, Jongin said as he bashfully ignored the stranger beside her, “it isn’t so nice to see you hanging out with another man at such a late hour, Jieun.”

“I am sorry, Mr Kim but I have to tell to take a step back”, the man said as he got in front of Jieun.

“It’s okay, Jong Woon”, Jongin halted in his steps as Jieun finally spoke up. Jong Woon? As in the guy Jieun dated after leaving Sehun? What was she doing with that guy at such an odd hour?

“Little Jonginnie here only knows how to bark”, Jieun smiled mirthlessly.”He isn’t harmful in any way, right Jongin?”

Jongin stiffened up for a moment before gathering himself. He had enough of beating around the bushes. 

“If you are still with this man, then why do you keep going after Sehun?” 

Jong Woon stood there rigid, but Jieun smiled so gracefully as though Jongin hadn’t asked her an offensive question. 

“Here comes Lee Yun Hee’s knight in shining armour. Does Oh Sehun know that his best friend Kim Jongin still cares about his wife to this extent?”, she inquired. “Well, it’s interesting to see the former heartbreaker so loyally letting his own heart break.”

Of course she remembered. It was Jieun after all, the first person to know about Jongin’s feelings for Yun Hee. Maybe that’s why she unnerved Jongin, she knew way too much.

“That still doesn’t excuse your infidelity, Jieun. You are stringing along two people at once”, Jongin tried to muster up some confidence. “Doesn’t it bother you Mr ex how your date here is shamelessly being a home wrecker?”

Jongin expected a punch or some violence seeing how Lee Jong Woon clenched his fists. But to his surprise, he turned to Jieun and said something that didn’t make any sense to Jongin.

“Are you going to stay quite even now? Haven’t you let him say enough?”

Jieun was quiet? She was letting Jongin speak his mind? What was happening?

“And you, Mr Kim. Before you accuse her of cheating, at least try to know what is our relationship. Don’t just jump to conclusions. But obviously, I should have just known better. After all, you are Oh Sehun’s friend. Do you even know who I am?”

It was at that very moment when something inside Jongin screamed that what he was about to hear was something he was not going to like, something that was going to change version of truth that he knew.

“We were never in a relationship, Mr Kim. It was a well-planned lie, to justify our meetings to the public.”

“After all, why would a celebrity constantly meet a psychiatrist unless they are in a relationship or…the celebrity is a patient?”

Lee Jong Woon was a psychiatrist? Then if they were not in a relationship, then Jieun kept meeting him because...Jongin felt the ground under him shaking at the realization. But it was nothing compared to what came next.

After all, nothing in the world could have prepared him for when Lee Jong Woon revealed the true reason of Jieun meeting a psychiatrist.

 

That night, Jongin had learnt something new. Not only was he a passerby in Yun Hee’s life, but he was also one of the villains in Jieun’s.

 

 

“Your feelings aren't convincing enough to make me stay.”

Sehun felt a little short of breath at Yun Hee’s words. What was she saying? What had Jieun even said to her? 

He looked at his wife, only to find her eyes looking a little glazed as though she were in a trance. She was looking at him yet not exactly seeing him, talking nonstop like his words never reached her ears. 

“Hee, what did you mean by hating me…”

“You say you want to be with me but cannot even reply if asked about your feelings for me.”

“Hee, I asked what you meant by you hating…”

“You claim to not want the divorce, yet sign the papers a night after they are given to you.”

“Hee, please answer my…”

“You beg me to stay but say yes when asked by the lawyer if you want the divor…”

“Oh Yun Hee, calm down for once and answer me for Christ’s sake”, Sehun cried as he violently shook his wife’s shoulders. The commotion seemed to help though as Yun Hee calmed down slightly. Both of them were Panting crazily on each other’s faces until Yun Hee leaned forward to rest her head on his chest.

“What did she say, Hee? And why did it affect you so much?” Sehun tried his best to sound composed, but the worn-out figure of his wife didn't help with that resolve.

He looked down to find Yun Hee‘s face still buried in his chest. She was wearing one of the many t-shirts she had stolen from him to use as her nightwear, all ready to go to bed and honestly, he also wanted to do the same thing. But her words seemed to haunt his mind no matter how much his heart told him to let the matter go. What was he being blamed for? 

Yun Hee didn’t look up as she continued. “I love you, Hun...” Only God knew how Sehun missed these words, but he kept quiet because he knew that she was not done, “…so it hurts to never hear you saying that you feel the same.”

Sehun felt a sudden vibration in his body. But was it coming from Yun Hee or his own body, he couldn’t tell. He just stayed silent as his wife kept clinging on to his shirt like her life depended on it.

“What she told me didn’t hurt, Hun…”, Yun Hee paused, leaving Sehun to guess what she could say next. And he was proven right when she continued, “…at least not as much as the fact that I couldn’t say anything in return.”

Sehun felt her hold on his T-shirt tightening and a slight dampness slowly forming right above where his heart was. She was shedding tears, but he knew that they were not out of sadness. They were out of resentment, resentment that was for him.

He stiffened under Yun Hee’s hold as anger slowly seeped through his system. But he wasn’t sure if it was towards Jieun for spouting nonsense or towards Yun Hee for…

“You believed whatever she said?” Sehun completed his thought with his words as his anger finally erupted. Unfortunately, it ended up being vented on the person in front of him against his will. “I don't know what she said but how could you believe them over me, Hee?”, he roared as he pried her hands off his shirt and made her look at his face. Her tears that usually did a great job at melting his anger suddenly didn’t seem as effective at that moment.

They were sitting on a bed wearing matching t-shirts and cuddling, yet things between them were far from being okay. Because Oh Sehun and Lee Yun Hee were never the characters of a fluffy rom-com story.

“How could I not, Hun?” Yun Hee jerked away from his hold, “After all, you never failed to keep mum everytime I asked if you love me.”

The next second, Yun Hee was out of the bed and on her feet. Sehun could tell that she was seething and the rational part of his mind kept telling him to console her and to not stress her out anymore. But the other part that seeing red just as much as Yun Hee was didn’t want to back down. How could he when she was practically blaming him for the occurrence of their divorce even though she was the one who wanted it?

He too got out of the bed and was about to reach out to her when he was stopped by her. 

“She had said how you would never put up a fight to protect us as strong as you had done for her. And she was right.” Yun Hee smiled bitterly through her tears. 

“It took just a night of for you to sign the papers…” No

“Enough, Hee…”

“…a few cold shoulders from me to appear in the court…” No

“Don’t say another word…”

“…and nothing to say yes to the divor…”

“ENOUGH, Oh Yun Hee”, Sehun bellowed as he clenched his fist to stop his voice from shaking. “You have said enough.”

Yun Hee smirked. “Truth is always bitter, Hun. And the truth is…I was always just a replacement for Jieun, a distraction from your unrequited love”, she spat.

Rage filled Sehun like nothing else as he could swear he felt a vein pop in his head. How could she say something like that when he had devoted his all to her?

“And that gave you the right to make a fool out of me in a courtroom full of people?” Sehun took a step towards her, not giving a damn about her protests, “Gave you the right to play me like a game you couldn’t afford to lose to Jieun?”

Both of them were short of breath as they started at each other without blinking. Yun Hee’s eyes were filled with angry tears as they kept streaming down her face while Sehun could feel his breathing getting uneven because of an equally unmatched fury.

“Well if you had been truthful about your feelings from the start, then this wouldn’t have happened”, Yun Hee said as her voice finally rose. “You think I don’t know about how you gave our marriage a chance just to make Jieun jealous?”

“What the hell are you…” Sehun was cut off as Yun Hee didn’t seem to be in a mood to let him speak.

“Don’t even try to deny, Oh Sehun. Don’t try to kid me when I had given you my trust even after knowing that. I went ahead and fell in love with you while trying to help you in moving on when all you did was turning your back to me the moment Jieun reappeared in your life.”

“Oh Yun Hee, stop making up things on…”

"I told you that if there is anything I hate the most in this world, it is cheating. Then why did you have to go behind my back to be with HER?", she shouted.

That’s it. That was all Sehun could take without doing anything harmful. Feeling an ugly rage growing in him, he retaliated, "You have always known that she is the one I love…” 

No, Jieun wasn't, not anymore.

“…then how does it even matter if I meet her behind your back or in front of you?” 

No, he never wanted to meet her, 

“It's not like you tell me about all your meetings. You meet up with Jongin behind my back all the time. Do you see me making a fuss about it?”

“Now you are going really low, Hun. Please stop it”, Yun Hee said as her voice sounded threatening at the beginning only to crack at the end. She was reaching her breaking point, Sehun could tell. But he was already beyond broken to care about her feelings anymore.

“I never told you to raise your hopes high when I decided to give this marriage a chance, then why are you creating a scene now?"

No, he didn't mean any of that. But of course, his mouth never let out what his heart wanted to speak.

Suddenly everything became too quiet, the only remaining sound being the echo of his own voice. Then he heard something foreign, but heart-clenching. When he turned around to face her, he saw something he could never imagine seeing even in his dreams. There was an image of a painfully broken person; image because it could never be true for the person awfully resembled his ever strong wife. Then he heard those whispered words, words so simple yet so sharp, so clear yet so vague. They seemed to cut through his heart for some unknown reasons.

Did you ever love me?”

It wasn't Sehun, but his ego that spoke up next.

“I don't know if I ever did, but I am sure I won't be able to do after this.”

And that reply was the worst mistake Oh Sehun could ever make in his life.

 

 

Hello fellas. This is Anikasen.

It is so good to be back. Finally!!! Have fun guys, at least as much as you can with this angsty chapter.

I will try to be back as soon as I can. Till then take care. Love you all.