A Long Way

Ashes of Dreams

To Sehun, nothing could beat the feeling of waking up to his wife snuggling up to him. He couldn’t help the stretch of his lips when Yun Hee placed her head on his bare chest and started tracing random patterns on it to wake him up (oh my god this is so cute i can'tttt). He smiled when he remembered how she nagged at him for wanting to sleep shirtless during winter, constantly reminding him of his once non-existent fever.

Sehun let out a soft sigh at the direct contact between their skins and wrapped his arms around Yun Hee, leaving no space between them. No words were exchanged between them, the peaceful silence much appreciated by both. Even though Sehun had kissed Yun Hee countless times already and still felt like he could never get tired of it, the sensation of just having Yun Hee in his arms and feeling her warm breath directly on himself never failed to wash him with utmost comfort.

When Sehun felt her squirming in his hold, his smile widened even more, knowing very well what was to come next. And he was proven right when the very next moment, he felt Yun Hee trailing her fingers from his chest to his neck, lingering there with an intention of tickling him before moving upwards and resting on his face. She caressed his cheeks for a while before placing a kiss on his forehead that might have gotten crooked at one point. He almost laughed out loud when he heard her muttering complaints about his soft skin underneath her breath.

But Sehun knew he couldn’t keep his peaceful façade any longer when he felt her fingers dropping to his lips. Maybe he could have done so if he hadn’t sensed her face coming towards his own simultaneously, her chin grazing the bare skin of his chest on the way. His breathing was getting so laboured that he was afraid she could sense it anytime, their closeness working at her advantage. Yun Hee teasing him with her words was something Sehun was used to, but her teasing him physically was something still new, rendering him helpless everytime.

The soft touches of her fingertips and her warm breath on his lips, her bangs tickling him – everything was happening all at once. Sehun didn’t know if he could keep his sanity any longer, not to mention her clothed chest touching his bare one. His senses had heightened, making his lips part slightly, wanting more. He didn’t know if it was to his good luck or misfortune, but surprisingly, his wife was also in the mood of playing along as she leaned her face even closer with her thumb caressing the gap between his lips, teasing him mercilessly.

Sehun didn’t know what to do with the way his wife was testing his self-control, but he knew that he was definitely having a hard time with keeping himself at bay. He was this close to letting out the growling beast inside him, but he knew better than to do so. He knew that his wife was enjoying the control and he wanted to let her relish in that. He didn’t mind surrendering because he himself had given her the reign. It was up to her what she wanted them to do and he meant that in all sense.

Sehun gasped when she clutched his hair and finally connected their lips in a searing kiss, plunging her tongue inside his mouth instantly. He didn’t know when she had gotten on top him but that didn’t matter as he flipped their position right at the moment, making her lie on her back.

Sehun felt himself having a hard time with his hands as he was constantly fighting against them to keep them controlled. But with Yun Hee his lips and tongue like she was thirsty for them, he lost his track over them as they trailed along her long hair all the down her waist and found their way inside her t-shirt, caressing the smooth skin under it. Sehun was afraid that Yun Hee might retract as this was his first time touching her under her dress. But he lost his mind when Yun Hee arched her back and wrapped her hands around his back and her legs around his waist, fingernails scraping his while loudly in the kiss.

Sehun pulled back from the kiss when he felt his self-restrain slipping out of his hands, afraid that he might end up doing something crossing his limits. He wiped the saliva clean from the corner of Yun Hee’s lips with his thumb and moved to lie beside her, his eyes not removing from her swollen lips, panting face and dishevelled hair. She was looking so sinful, so wrecked when she groaned at the loss of contact.

Sehun didn’t know how to keep his erratically heart in order, so he just did what he thought would work. He pulled Yun Hee in his arms and hid her face in his chest as he kept his eyes on the door of their room, making sure to not lay them on his wife.

“You are getting more and more irresistible, do you know that?”, Sehun said, while caressing her hair. “It is harder to stop with each time.”

Yun Hee lifted her head from his hold and looked at him, her eyes gleaming with mischief. Her lips were looking so swollen, so glossy, so inviting.

“Maybe, you shouldn’t have stopped at all”, Yun Hee smirked. “I wouldn’t have minded, you know.”

“You are really going to be the death of me”, Sehun said as he clutched her tightly in his arms, again.

“Happy birthday, Sehun”, Yun Hee mumbled against him. Then she looked at him teasingly and said, “You are 28. Damn! You are old.”

“Oh please! 28 isn’t that old”, Sehun whined as he puffed his cheeks. “Besides, I am just 2 years older than you. If I am old, then that makes you old too.” He looked so cute.

“Look at you, whining like a baby when you are already 28. Grow up, hubby”, Yun Hee said as she pinched his cheek. “Or should I call you ‘baby’?”

It was Sehun’s turn to smirk as he hovered over her slightly and inched closer to Yun Hee making her back away from him suspiciously until she was blocked completely. He turned slightly and leaned towards her ear, before whispering softly, “I would love that, babe.”

Yun Hee’s eyes widened as he gave her earlobe a sensuous before looking at her face intently, the smirk never leaving his face. She felt her cheeks burning under his scrutinizing eyes and saw his smirk widening at her plight. Not being able handle the gaze any longer, she gave him a light smack and pushed his shoulders lightly in an attempt to push him off her. Sehun threw his head and laughed at her actions. His wife was looking so cute with her flustered face that he couldn’t take it anymore.

Yun Hee just looked at her husband with a sour face as he continued to laugh for a while and then closed her eyes in annoyance. She only opened them when she heard his laughter dying down, but they drooped down again when she felt Sehun placing a loving, lingering kiss on her forehead, her heart doing somersault for the nth time that morning.

When Sehun retracted from the kiss, he made an eye contact with Yun Hee before grinning like an idiot. “Since it’s my birthday, where is my present?”

Yun Hee snorted her face at his question before saying, “You got that, a while ago.”

Sehun hung his mouth in shock and said, “You mean, that kiss was my present? Am I not getting anything else?”

Yun Hee shook her head playfully before saying, “Do you know how heard it has been for the last two months to keep planning for presents for different occasion?”

“But I didn’t get one even on my last birthday”, Sehun complained.

“Is it my fault if you spent the whole day away from and then coming back with your drunk ?”, Yun Hee deadpanned.

“Still. It’s my birthday, Hee. I should get something.” Sehun pouted.

“Well, you should.” Yun Hee nodded as if she understood. “And you got one.” Then she smirked. “Now get up, you lazy or I will leave for the hospital without you. Then you can bid goodbye to your dream of dropping me to work every day.”

“No, I won’t.” Sehun sat up and crossed his arms over his chest as he saw that Yun Hee was sitting up on the bed. “First of all, you are being so unfair by not giving me any present. Secondly, you are bossing…hmph” His words were cut off when Yun Hee placed a sudden kiss on his lips. She pulled away just as fast, leaving him in a daze before saying, “Are you coming now?”

Sehun was still dazed when he saw her giving him that eye-blinding smile of hers, something too sweet to cause him instant cavity. Those were the days when he could truly relate to the people who referred to mornings as blessings for couples.

 


 

Sehun slumped on his chair tiredly after coming out from the meeting. The meeting had been so mentally exhausting that at one point he felt like questioning his own sanity for listening to that boring discussion for so long. The fact that the meeting was practically for nothing irritated him more.

He rolled around in his chair a few times, his limbs splayed limp everywhere before straightening up the moment he remembered that it was lunchtime. He leaned forward towards his desk to pick up his phone and wallet when he saw his phone lighting up. It was an incoming call from his wife, probably curious about when he was coming so he placed the phone against his ear and spoke up even before she could.

“Hee, I am on my way. That stupid meeting took longer than expected, so it might…”

“Sehun, I can’t meet you for lunch.” Came Yun Hee’s voice from the other side.

“What?”, Sehun asked with a whine. “But why?”

“I am so sorry, Hun.” She really sounded apologetic. “It’s just that our chief is treating us for lunch today. This is going to be like a lunch meeting in the hospital cafeteria and it might take a while.”

“It’s fine, Hee. I understand”, Sehun said as he smiled. “I can just relax for the time being, you know”, he said playfully.

“You mean, having lunch with me is stressful. Is that what you mean, Oh Sehun?”, Yun Hee asked with a stern voice.

“Well, isn’t it? I mean, you keep blabbering the whole time about your day…”

“You are so mean.” Yun Hee cut him off. “I don’t want to talk to you anymore. I hate you.”

Sehun could clearly hear her shouting through the phone and laughed out at her hysterical behaviour saying, “I love you too.” Then he hung up the phone and went out of his room to meet his dad for work before lunch, not even noticing the words he had said so casually.

It was the first time Sehun spoke of his feelings without even realizing it, but sadly it fell deaf in her ears as she was busy responding to Min Ah who was calling out for her at that time.

It was so unfortunate that the words they would both come to crave to hear from each other in the near future went unnoticed by both of them.

 

Sehun was almost done with his work when he realized that he had spent a huge part of his birthday doing nothing but work. He stretched his sore limbs and looked around the room just to give it a rest from looking at the screen of his computer when they fell on the 2 photos placed side by side on his bookshelf. One was of himself with his parents and brother, the other one was of himself with his wife on their wedding day.

Sehun couldn’t help smiling when he saw the wedding photo. Even the most unobservant person would say that he was on a gun-point, while Yun Hee was looking out of place for trying too hard to look normal. From being stuck in an unwanted marriage to being a happily married couple, they had come a long way.

Then Sehun reverted his attention to the photo standing proud on his working desk. It was a photo of Yun Hee totally taken aback because of him kissing her suddenly. The photo was taken in the amusement park when the kids were insisting to take a photo of them. Being totally against PDA, Yun Hee suggested to take a photo of standing simply side by side, but Sehun seized the moment and changed the context of the photo at the very last moment.

Sehun was still lost in the memory of the photo when he got a call from his secretary, snapping him back to the photo. Nonetheless he took the frame in his hand while talking to his secretary, his attention somewhat diverted because of admiring the photo in his hand.

“Sir, I got a call from the realtor.”

“What did he say?” His eyes still on the hilarious face his wife had made in the photo.

“He had called to inform that the penthouse has been sold and was asking for a formal meeting to be hold.”

Sehun was about to say something when the door to his room was thrown open and two large figure entered the room like a storm, their loud voice booming all around the room, making Sehun thankful of the soundproof walls.

“Ms. Bae. I have some visitors right now.”

“Then sir, what should I tell him?”

Sehun looked at the two clowns wearing party hats and bursting party poppers, knowing that he had to end the call as soon as possible.

“You know about my schedules more than I do. Fix a meeting any day you seem fit and let me know. But make sure to fix it during office hours.”

“Then I have to fix it in the next week, sir. Because you have a packed schedule for the whole week. Are you sure that you don’t want a meeting after the office hours?”

“No. The rest of my day belongs to my wife.” And he heard those two giants in his room gagging loudly, making him rush the call.

“Okay, sir. Have a nice day.” Then the call was cut.

The moment he was done talking, the two clowns, also known as Kim Jongin and Park Chanyeol shouted at same time. “Happy birthday, Oh Sehun.”

“Now that I have seen your faces, it doesn’t seem that happy.” Sehun grumbled.

“Aww! You are such a perfect husband, so eager to be with your wife.” Chanyeol butted in.

“As if you are any better, Park Chanyeol”, Sehun retaliated.

“Well, you both are ers.” Jongin smirked. “So, what kind of meeting you were asking Aehyun to fix?"

"Nothing. A buyer has been found for the penthouse. So the realtor had called."

"You mean that grand penthouse of yours? A part of your unforgettable past?", Chanyeol asked, his voice oozing with exaggaration making Jongin laugh with himself. 

"Yeah, yeah. Make fun of me as much as you want. I am starting to leave that past behind, you know? The penthouse being sold is a proof to that", Sehun said, giving the two of them a stink eye. 

"Okay, enough of this discussion. Now hurry up, Sehun. We have somewhere to go”, Jongin said, rushing Sehun to wrap up his work.

“To where?”

“That’s something for us to know and for you to find out later.” Chanyeol spoke up.

Sehun was about to say something when Jongin interrupted him. “If you are worried about Yun Hee, then don’t be. I have informed her, so she must have called her driver by now.”

“But she didn’t say anything to me.”

“Because we informed her just a few minutes ago”, Chanyeol said. “Now, come on. You are wasting our times. I have to be home by 9, you know?”

Sehun smirked. “Aww! Such a good husband!”

“Yeah, I know”, Chanyeol said, before taking Sehun by his hand. “Shall we go now?” Then he practically dragged Sehun out of the room, with Jongin following them closely.

“You owe me big time, Oh Yun Hee.” Jongin muttered under his breath before leaving the room, laughing when Sehun stumbled in his feet while being dragged by Chanyeol.

 


 

The clock read 8:15 when Sehun came out of a long shower to get rid of his day long fatigue. Who wouldn’t be exhausted if he was to be taken to a shooting after a long day of doing official work, for birthday celebration? He didn’t know how his friends used their brains, but he certainly knew that they were anything but sane. He didn’t want to tire himself again by trying to figure out their way of using their brains. Besides, he had some important things to do, something like finding out what his wife was planning to do.

Apparently Yun Hee had been lying in the morning when she said that she didn’t plan anything for him. Because the moment Sehun came home, he was greeted with the goodnight wishes from their staffs, including Mr. Jun. It was weird since their shift was supposed to go on for another 3 hours. At that time, his brain was too tired to function the peculiarity but when he was in the shower, he realized the whole situation on top of the fact he hadn’t seen his wife since he had returned, when she was supposed to be home before him.

Sehun dressed into something comfortable before making his way downstairs with the hope of finding Yun Hee there. But when he reached there, he couldn’t believe his eyes. There was Yun Hee, standing beside the dining table, dressed up casually but still looking as gorgeous as ever. She was wearing a faded maroon blouse with a floral skirt that reached knees, her long hair slightly curled and bangs straightened out, pulling the simple look so perfectly. She was smiling so bashfully at him that it made it hard for Sehun to breathe for a while.

Slowly, Sehun inched towards her with his eyebrows raised and his face sporting an impressed smile before engulfing her in his arms.

“You are looking so breath-taking.” He whispered in her ear, making laugh before pulling out from the hug.

“Well, I always do, don’t I?”, Yun Hee asked, with her face adorned with a smug smile.

“Yeah, you do”, Sehun said in a breath. "But where did you get dressed? I mean I was in our bedroom and had been using it for a while. I didn't see or hear anything."

"There are many room, Hun. I just used the one where I stayed on our first night. You know, when you spent the whole night sobbing like a baby." 

"Don't remind me of that night. I feel sorry everytime." Yun Hee just laughed before leading him to the table.

When they got there, Sehun averted his eyes to look at the table only to look back at Yun Hee with shock. The table looked exactly how he had decorated for the dinner he had planned on Yun Hee’s birthday. The whole table was covered in a white satin cloth, a candle stand of three in the centre with gladiolus all around it, small LED lights attached with the flowers making the whole setting glow.

“How?” Sehun spoke out, because Yun Hee wasn’t supposed to know it. She wasn’t even in her senses that night.

“You thought I didn’t know about the dinner?” Yun Hee smirked. “Well, I didn’t until Mr. Jun told me because someone else wasn’t going to.” Yun Hee gave him stink eyes. “In fact, he was the one who helped me in decorating the table just like you had done.”

"But how did you get all these done in such a short time? I mean it's not like Chanyeol and Jongin coming to take me away was something you..." Sehun stopped when he saw the smirk in her face. "You planned everything?"

"What do you think?"

"Wow! Impressive!", Sehun said. “So what do we have for dinner?”

Yun Hee gave him a sheepish smile before saying, “Chinese.” So, she did pick something about him for their so-called 20 questions session.

After a dinner full of exchanging sultry gazes and flirty words, Yun Hee got up from the table and played some music. Soon the soft tune of “Can’t Help Falling In Love” filled the living room, as Yun Hee took slow steps towards Sehun. Her smile so painfully appealing as she held out her right hand towards him, making Sehun chuckle.

“May I have this dance with you, handsome?” Yun Hee grinned

“Finally", Sehun said, remembering how she tried to avoid it during Christmas. "Yes.” He grinned back as he took her hand and led her to the empty space beside the table, making Yun Hee laugh.

“I was supposed to lead you for your kind…”

Sehun placed a finger to her lips to hush her. “You are ruining the mood”, he said before wrapping a hand around her waist, the other holding her hand. Yun Hee smiled a little before placing her free hand on his shoulder.

Sehun looked directly in her eyes as they waltzed along the song, their eyes swimming with so many emotions as he started humming to the song.

Yun Hee couldn’t take her eyes off him as the words coming out of his mouth seemed so genuine, so true, as though he were whispering them from his heart. She looked at his eyes that were mirroring her own emotions, making her own ones tear at the sight. Her eyes were pooled with tears, threatening to drop anytime when Sehun leaned towards her ear and whispered ever so softly, “Take my hand, take my whole life too.”

They didn’t stop dancing even when the song was over, both moving in sync even in sheer silence. They were so lost in each other that they didn't even realize that the song was over. No music, no words, just the hushed sound of their breathings and their moving feet. There was no other exchange between them except their passionate gazes and the emotions flowing in them.

“This feels so much nicer than our extravagant wedding dance, even though we are dancing with no music”, Yun Hee said, not being able to take intensity of the feelings any longer.

“And here goes the mood, jumping out of the window.” Sehun said, making Yun Hee chuckle at his remark.

“My words have points though. This feels so nice, unlike how it felt during our wedding."

"I don't know why, but the whole, there was always something that was reminding me of our wedding." Sehun said as he twirled Yun Hee and hugged her from her back, resting his chin on her shoulder as he sighed. "I am feeling so many emotions because of that. I am feeling guilty, I am feeling sorry, I am feeling remorseful..."

"Why so negative?", Yun Hee said, not getting where the conversation wwas leading.

As he didn't hear anything, Sehun continued. "But at the same time, I am feeling happy, I am feeling proud, I am feeling grateful and..." He paused for a while, making Yun Hee hold her breathe in anticipation. Maybe she knew where it was headed.

"And?" Yun Hee turned around to look at him, her eyes piercing through his. Sehun was returning her gaze with equal passion.

"And something much more all those feelings, something much stronger, something I get whenever I look at you. Like a gush of wind blowing on my face, like a huge force making me all jumbled. It is much more than admiration, much more than adoration, much more than gratefulness." Sehun looked at her pleadingly, as if wanting her to understand his emotions because he found himself at a loss of word. The feeling that he had for her, he didn't know what to call it. For all his life, he thought that he knew about his emotions, but the feeling he had for Yun Hee was nothing like what he had ever felt, for anyone. His feeling for Yun Hee was mixed with so many other feelings, that he didn't know what it was.

Feeling insecure when he saw Yun Hee quiet, Sehun was about to reach for her hands. But before he could do so, he saw her coming closer to him and placing a hand on his left cheek, gazing right into his eyes, as if looking into his soul. Then her hand slowly s around his nape as he slowly leaned his head down stopping when his forehead touched Yun Hee's. He looked at her eyes and saw her eyelids drooping down, her breathing increased right at the moment.

Sehun's eys trailed over her closed eyelids to her button nose and finally rested on her lips as he saw her exhaling through it. As if all his senses were gathered in his sight, he was unable to hear her words as he only her lips openeing slightly, then her tongue softly touched her upper front teeth and ended with her lips circling. But he understood those words in a heartbeat. How couldn't he when those 3 words were his favorites from Yun Hee? How couldn't he when that simple "I love you" made him week in his knees every time?

She did understood him, his feelings, like always. Sehun slowly took her lips in his, pouring all his bubbling sentiments in that contact as his right hand that was already on her waist tightened its hold around her.

Yun Hee responded to the kiss with a fervor similar to his Her finger clasped that were splayed on his nape twitched when she felt a warm dampness between their lips and tasted its salty taste. Her closed eyes sprung open when she realized that the water droplets were not running down from her eyes and saw the drenched eyebrows of Sehun quivering the whole time. She was about to pull back from the kiss but couldn't do so when his left hand came to touch her cheek, to keep her still. That's when Yun Hee gave up on her rationality and let her instincts loose. 

That night, between between countless kisses and touches, between hushed whispers and loud moans, between wants and needs, between feelings and urges, they finally forgot the differences betwen themselves to the point of not being able to tell where one ended and the other started.

 


 

Hello, this is Anikasen.

I decided to post the chapter, as you can see. It is weird to hear something from me twice in a day, right? I feel so sorry for being so inactive. 

Anyways. Eid Mubarak to all my fellas, both Muslims and non-Muslims. Enjoy the day as much as you can, 'can' being the keyword since you know the situation. Anyways, stay home, stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy.

See you in 2 days, probably. *wink

P.S. Who else has been killed yet revived by Byun Baekhyun?