Delight

Ashes of Dreams

Yun Hee slowly opened her eyes to finally come out of the dreamworld and see the real world, but what her sight fell upon seemed to be much more magical, much more ethereal than her dreams. It was Sehun looking at her lazily with his head propped on his right hand, his eyes filled with something so soft, so delicate that it almost seemed loving. Even though it was Sehun was looking at her without blinking, Yun Hee was the one who felt her breath getting labored and her eyes gatting glossy. The sunlight seeping through the windows behind him did not help either, making his aura seem like something heavenly, something divine.

"Good morning", he whispered, his eyes turning into their usual crescent form as he smiled. His voice appeared to match the look in his eyes, so faint that it almost seemed like a sigh. Yun Hee couldn't help wondering how her heart could be this violent in a moment as serene as that. It was creating chaos inside her.

As though deciding that the amount of torture wasn't enough, Sehun slowly leaned towards her until there was about of an inch of space and connected their foreheads, making their breathes mingle with each other. Then Yun Hee heard a low gasp coming from him and saw that he had clenched his eyes shut and scrunched up his whole face, as if he was the one the being tortured.

"Yun Hee", he murmured, the words hardly getting out of those tightly constricted lips. Her heart had reached at his actions and was so ready to leap out that even the countless amount of gulpings weren't helping the situaltion. Yun Hee still kept gulping nonetheless, knowing this was the only type of movement her body could afford to do at that moment as it lying on the bed completely limp. Her eyes were having a tough time at keeping themselves open at the agitation.

Sehun moved his face slightly to side and rubbed his nose against her cheek before letting out warm breath on it as he whispered, "You eyes are really going to be the death of me. The look on your face...", he gasped as he trailed his nose to her earlobe and whispered, "...that curious look... it is taking my breath away." Then he moved his face upwards ever so slowly, his nose touching all the skin it found on it's way and stopped on her forehead. Her eyes finally admitted defeat at the sensation and slowly drooped down as he placed a sweet kiss on that spot, his lips not moving after that wanting to linger there. That one action was enough to set her heart to rest and make her sigh in tranquility.

"Aren't you waking up?", he murmured against her forehead as Yun Hee turned lay on her side facing him. With her eyes still closed and her face toucing his, she could feel his lips stretching against her skin as she shook her head.

"You are getting lazier with time, you know?", Sehun said while retracting from her slightly to look at her face properly, "There was a time when you used to wake up before me and go to sleep after me. But now, the situation seemed to have changed". He smirked, but obviously Yun Hee couldn't see that since her eyes were closed. Sehun could literally imagine the sour look she would have given him if she had seen him smirking.

"You are not one who had to work her off for a week or something just to take an untimely break for one day", Yun Hee said as she pressed her lips in one line and opened her eyes to give him an annoyed look.

"But it's a special day, so you can't complain if I want you awake", Sehun said, trying to reason his actions.

"I am not complaining. But I also can't let you call me lazy", Yun Hee retaliated.

"Alright, my hard working wife."

Then there was a pause. That's when Yun Hee sensed the close proximity between their faces, not touching each other but still very much close.

Then Yun Hee saw him getting closer, removing that slight distance between their face before he placed his lips lightly over hers, making her close her eyes. The kiss was very slow. There was no adrenaline rush, no presence of lust as they brushed their lips against each other to express the pure, raw feelings they had for each other. Yun Hee opened slightly to engulf Sehun's lips between them, when Sehun took the chance to intrude with his tongue. Her arms wrapped aroung her neck out of instinct as she rolled to lie on her back, pulling Sehun over her and arched her back to reach upwards as Sehun engaged their tongues in something too sweet to be a battle for dominance, leaving no gaps between their bodies.

It was Sehun who pulled back from the kiss first, making Yun Hee groan at loss of contact and tighten her hold on his nape. She opened her eyes to find Sehun blindly searching for her nose with his and brushing them together as he whispered against her lips, panting heavily just like her.

"Happy anniversary, Oh Yun Hee." Then he opened his eyes to gaze at her.

Yun Hee looked up to find his eyes swimming with a pool of emotions, emotions that seemed to match Yun Hee's own feelings almost, emotions that Yun knew very well.  

Yun Hee shook her head to get out of the daze she was in and pushed him off herself before saying. "Go and wash up. You smell like a dead animal." She laughed when she saw him looking at her with a dumbfounded look before sitting up the bed and saying. "Hurry up." Then she smiled at him. "We have a long day ahead of us."

While Sehun was reluctantly making his towards the washroom, Yun Hee stopped him before saying, "Happy anniversary to you too, Oh Sehun."

That morning, Yun Hee officially stored all her doubt in a tightly locked box and stored it in the farthest corner of her mind, determind to not let them slow down their budding relationship.

 


 

"Yun Hee, where are we going?"

"Sehun, do you even understand the meaning of surprise? Because this is 9th time you are asking me this question", Yun hee said, without sparing Sehun a look.

"I do. But this is the first time I am seeing you drive and I can't keep myself from worrying about my life", Sehun while crossing his arms over his chest.

"That was mean. I have lived in the States alone for years, Hun. I couldn't depend on anyone else to drive me around. It's kind of foolish of you to think I can't drive despite of living there as an adult", Yun Hee said matter-of-factly.

"I can tell that you can drive after being in the car for half an hour."

"Then why are you eating my brains by asking me the same question non-stop?" Then Yun Hee reached out for his hand and took it in her own. "Can you trust me? I have been planning this for a week, you know?" Her eyes still on the road. 

Sehun smiled at the action and laced their fingers together, before placing a kiss on her hand. For the rest of the journey, they talked about absolutely random stuffs like sci-fi movies, Sherlock Holmes, Donald Trump, FBI etc, but the time was thoroughly enjoyed by both of them.

 

"Yun Hee, where are we?", Sehun said as he saw kids of all ages running around them as they entered through the iron gate.

"Home Sweet Home." Yun Hee smiled, her smile was so bright that it could even blind the sun.

And it was, probably the name of the place since he had seen it written in bold letters on top of a 2 storey building as they mad their way through the small field.

"Okay, I get it. But what is this place?", he asked when they stood right out of the building.

"My mother's sanctuary, my favorite place to be", Yun Hee said, without looking at him. She moved forward slightly, not bothering about him since her whole focus was on the kids who came running towards her the moment they saw her going towards them. They stood all around her and had her wrapped in their tiny arms, making her wobble. They all were shouting "Unnie", "Noona" while jumping up and down in pure glee. It didn't take long for Sehun to understand who they were and what was Yun Hee to them because she was wearing the same look she always portrayed whenever she talked about her mother's orphanage and the kids living there

"Sehun, come here. Meets these little devils." The kids whined altogether, while stomping their feet. That's when Sehun realized that he was standing quite at a distance and inched forward, feeling nervous. In a moment, he was right beside them, but the kids never spared him a look.

"That's Eunjung," Yun Hee pointed at the girl who was hugging her stomach and the kid looked up at him curiously. Sehun nodded, managing to wave a little. The girl frowned immediately, looking away. "This is Anna," Yun Hee smiled at the kid standing beside her. Sehun was having a hard time keeping up with the names but he knew he was going to try his best. "Areum, Jun, Minhyun, Taeoh." She ruffled the guy's hair because he was close to her. They all seemed so close to her, Sehun observed, which was natural anyway. Sehun wondered if loving was so easy, so simple, when it came to kids.

"And this is the youngest one", Yun Hee said as she went towards the kid who was failing to reach Yun Hee because of her height and picked her up in her arms. "Sojin." The shy girl wrapped her arms around Yun Hee's neck and hid her face there, only to peep at Sehun from time to time. Yun Hee looked at Sehun and both of them smiled because of the cuteness of the kid before Yun Hee diverted her attention back to the kids.

"Chipmunks, this is Sehun, your new friend, Yun Hee said, while pointing at Sehun.

The answer seemed to raise curiosity among them as they all feel into their so-called grave discussion to decide who he was. Sehun looked at them with amusement while Yun Hee's face was filled with adoration the whole time. Then the kid, Eunjung got out of the group and slowly approached Sehun before tugging on his pant with her small hand. 

"Are you unnie's prince? Do you have a white horse?"

"No, Jung-ie." This time it was Anna. "This is unnie's husband." Being slightly older, her words were more mture than Eunjung's.

"Does that mean he is unnie's knight who will always protect her?"

"But he looks really cool, like Iron Man, not like your Cinderella prince." Taeoh joined the conversation. Sehun and Yun Hee looked at the kids with fascination, not interrupting them as they saw the kids arguing with each other. Suddenly Sehun saw Sojin moving slightly in her arms before bringin close to Yun Hee's ears. 

"Oppa is very handsome", she tried to whisper in Yun Hee's ear, but Sehun could clearly hear it. Then he saw Yun Hee leaning towards the kid and pretended to whisper but said loudly, just like the kid.

"I know. He is very handsome. That's why I married him. But it's a secret, hmm?" The child giggled happily because of being entrusted with a secret, while Yun Hee grabbed her face and gave her a smooch on her cheek, not being able to contain her fondness. Sehun laughed at the interacation between the two, then blushed when he realized that Yun Hee had just complimented his looks.

The kids were left to Sehun's custody when Yun Hee was suddenly called inside the building by an elderly woman, probably the matron of the orphanage. He just got to meet her for a couple of moments when Yun Hee introduced her to him as the godmother of all the kids. Later Sojin told him that the woman was their fairy gogmother who made them feel special. She must have been a really sweet guardian to them, but Sehun couldn't help feeling nervous when she looked at him with her piercing eyes. How come all the woman related to Yun Hee were so scary? He wondered.

When he was left alone with the kids, they slowly approached him one by one, Sojin being the first one since Yun Hee had passed her in his arms while leaving. They all were curious about the person their favorite friend had married. But then, being kids, they couldn't stay focused on one topic and moved onto another in a few minutes. It was Sehun's turn to speak as he told them about his childhood stories and started earning positive points from them. And soon, they all were chatting with him freely, the girls complaining about their braids and dresses while the boys telling him about what they read in their new Marvel comics that their Yun Yeong noona and Chanyeol hyung had gotten them for Christmas.

It was Sehun's second time bonding with kids on his own and he enjoyed it just as much as he did the first time. Before Yun Hee, Sehun's world was something very small, revolving only around his own family and Jieun. Yun Hee was the one who brought so many people in his life and made him appreciate each moment. She was seriously the source of colors in his life and he was thankful. 

Their small circle was disturbed when he heard a few unfamiliar authoritative voice calling out for the kids and asking them to get on the bus. They were warning them by saying that their older brothers and sisters, probably the teenagaers of the orphanage, had already gotten on the bus and that if they delayed, they would be left behind. That's when, Sehun realized that the kids were all pretty much decked up and looked like they were ready to go somewhere. His eyes fell on on the doorway of the building and saw that Yun Hee was coming out with the matron. They were in the middle of a discussion before the matron excused herself and went to lend a hand to the other caregivers who were having a hard keeping the kids still in the picnic bus. It was chaotic and Sehun was confused.

"You didn't get on our car?", Yun Hee said the moment she approached him.

"For what?"

Yun Hee smiled mischievously. "You probably didn't think that bringing you to the orphanage was the surprise I was planning for a week, did you?"

"What?"

"Start the car and follow the bus. After all, we got to reach our destination with them."

 

"Lotte World?", Sehun asked when he saw where the bus in front of them stopped.

"Yep." It didn't take even a minute before Yun Hee literally flew out of the passenger seat, leaving Sehun to take care of their car.

Sehun just smiled when he saw the kids getting out of the bus and jumping around, with Yun Hee hyping them. Her smile was the brightest when the kids shouted a loud 'Thank you' to her as she stretched her arms for the kids run into them, the teens were no different. Yun Hee complained about them being closer to Yun Yeong, but Sehun could clearly see that they appreciated Yun Hee also. Sehun slightly shook his head and took the steering wheel in his hand to park the car, the smile of adoration never leaving his face.

 

Sehun didn't know that he would be spending his first wedding anniversary like this where he would hardly get to spend some alone time with his wife. But after a whole day of playing around with the kids, taking crazy pictures, going on almost all kinds of rides and laughing to his heart's content, Sehun knew that he wouldn't change anything about the day even if he were given a a chance. And he knew he would say the same thing if Yun Hee were to ask him later about the day.

He was driving back to their home with Yun Hee knocked out in the passenger seat, his mind playing with the memories of the day. 

"What is so funny, Sehun?"

Sehun snapped out of his daze and looked beside to see Yun Hee sitting up straight in her seat and looking at him with curiosity.

"Nothing. I just remembered how stumbled on your feet after getting down from the roller-coaster. I have never heard someone screaming as loudly as you did", Sehun said as he returned his focus on the road.

Yun Hee was about let out a yawn but stooped halfway when she realized that Sehun was teasing her and looked at him stern eyes. "Well, the ride made me dizzy. What can I do?"

"I don't know. Maybe admit that you were scared."

"Yeah, whatever. I am not afraid of anything else."

"So was it me who was chanting the names of all her family members in the haunted house? The kids were better than you, Hee."

"Are you being paid for making fun of me?", Yun Hee asked, her face showing annoyance.

"This is just the beginning, honey. Now, look at your dress and count how many food stains are there. I didn't know you could be such a messy eater." Sehun shook his head.

"I was being pushed around by the kids."

"Yeah, right. Blaming the kids now. are we?" He couldn't stop lauging when he saw Yun Hee pretended to strangle his neck, before sitting straight. "I am loving this. It's not everyday we get to see the almighty Yun Hee being clumsy and flustered.

"Laugh all you want. At least, I gave you something as a gift", Yun Hee said while smirking. "What about you?"

"That smirk off will be wiped off on its own the moment you step a feet inside our home, honey", Sehun said confidently.

 


 

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Sehun, he is so cute", Yun Hee said crouching down on the floor and picking up a running fluffball. She looked down at the cutie on her lap, a white and grey Siberian Husky with pitch black markings near its ears and all over the face. "It's a he, right?", Yun Hee asked, looking up to Sehun who towering over them before turning her focus back to pup and placing a kiss on its head.

"Yes. And he is just 2 months old. Do you like it?", Sehun asked Yun Hee, though he knew what her answer was going to be, judging by the way she was gushing over the pup in her arms.

Hearing his question, Yun Hee gently placed the pup back to its basket and stood up before throwing her arms around Sehun's neck. Then she placed multiple kisses on each of his cheeks, muttering an excited 'Thank you' after every kiss before shouting in his ear. "Like it? I love it. This is the best gift I have ever received in my life." She s her hands around his waist and hugged him tightly to show her gratitude. Sehun couldn't help blushing like a 13 years old teenager because of the all the physical affection. After all, his wife was not someone to show her feelings so boldly.

"Okay, okay." Sehun coughed. "I get it." He hugged her back.

Yun Hee retracted from the hug slightly and looked at his face in confusion. "You get what?"

"Then I have to keep on surprising you like this once in a while to get this much kisses and hugs." Then he laughed and pinched her nose, earning a stern look from Yun Hee. "So playing 20 questions can be useful, huh?"

Yun Hee smiled remembering the night he pestered her to answer his silly question and to question him back. "You mean, thirty something questions?", Yun Hee asked teasingly.

"Whatever." Sehun loosened her hold around his waist and took her hands in his own. "At least, it got you what you wanted since you were a kid."

"That's true. And here is your reward." Yun Hee placed a peck on his lip and turned away from him as if nothing happened to go back to the pup. Sehun stood there in a daze while she kept discussing with the pup on what to name him, stealing small glances and smiling when she saw him behaving like a teenage girl. 

"Sehun, let's name him Gummy", Yun Hee said a bit loudly on purpose to bring him out of his daze, before turning to pup when it barked. "What? You like Gummy?" The pup barked again. "Obviously, you do. After all, mama gave you that name."

"Since when are you his mama?" Sehun seemed to have gotten out of his daze finally.

"Since the moment I saw him." Yun Hee kissed the pup as it snuggled in her arms. "Our baby."

"Our baby?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Yun Hee looked at him as though he had grown another head. "If I am his mama, then it definitely makes you his papa." Then she rubbed her nose against the pup. "Right, baby?" The puppy barked, making Yun Hee laugh out loud. And Sehun felt warmth gushing through him for the nth time that day.

 

That night after climbing onto the bed, Yun Hee snuggled close to Sehun and rested her face on his chest as Sehun laid on his back while looking at the ceiling. One of his hands automatically wrapped around her body while the other one went to brush her hair, both of them lying in a silence that was very much appreciated.

It was Sehun who broke the silence first. "Yun Hee, remember the night I asked you how you realized that you were in love with me?"

Yun Hee nodded, not saying anything. Sehun knew that the night was a painful one for Yun Hee.

"Do you remember what you answered?"

"Why wouldn't I?" Yun Hee chuckled.

"Hee, I am going to say something and I want you to listen very carefully." Sehun said and took her hand. Then he linked their fingers and looked at her.

"Yun Hee, I like your company. I like to spend time with you, I like talking to you, I care for you and most importantly, I want to have a future with you. I know that I am not already there with my feel..." Sehun couldn't finish his words as Yun Hee kissed him square at his lips, placing her palm on his cheek and cupping it. Sehun wrapped his arms around her waist and let her have her way with him as she got on top him and deepened the kiss.

When Yun Hee was done, she slightly tilted her head and looked directly in his eyes before saying, "You will get there." She cupped his cheek. "I trust you." Then she placed another kiss on his lips. "I love you."

Then she placed her forehead on his forehead while smiling.

"Happy anniversary", they whispered together and laughed when they realized that.

The day really couldn't be any better.

 


  Hey, this is anikasen. 

I am sure you guys have noticed that title doesn't have much to do with the chapter, but I couldn't help it. Baekhyun has been killing me with the teasers and I am sure he will continue to do so in the future as well. 

Anyways, stay well, stay home, stay healthy.