Wake-up Call

Ashes of Dreams

Yun Hee looked into the bathroom mirror and sighed after seeing the mess she was in. She didn’t even feel surprised as this was the 7th morning she found herself looking like that. Her lips were swollen, red and purple blemish were spread all over her neck and collarbone, some were fading while most of them were fresh. Her hair was all over the place, making her look like some crazy witch. She knew her whole body was in a similar mess, but she didn’t bother to check them as they were covered with her husband’s shirt that really covered until her thighs. At least he had the decency to dress her up somewhere around the night after wrecking her state unlike their first time when she woke up , even though it was to satisfy his own fantasy of seeing her in his shirt.

Suddenly the memories of last night flashed through her mind, making her feel tingles running all over her body. The never ending kisses, the sinful touches, the breathless moans, the whispers of want and the pleasure of being one – everything was playing in her mind like a broken record, over and over again. She found herself slipping in and out of reverie, her mind working against her everything that wanted stay lost in the feeling of Sehun’s touches. Her body could still feel the sensation of Sehun worshipping it, from her head to her toe. He didn’t leave any single part of her body that didn’t have his trace, his touch on it.

Yun Hee was snapped out of her daze when she felt warm arms wrapping around her waist and something prickly on her shoulder blade, grazing on it lightly. She looked up at the mirror and saw the reflection of her equally dishevelled husband nuzzling her shoulder tiredly.

“Why did you leave me alone in the bed?” Came out his voice laced with utter rasp as he looked at her through the mirror in front of them.

“You seemed tired, so I thought of letting you rest.”

“Then why didn’t you stay with me in the bed? I missed waking up with you”, Sehun said with his voice muffled in her skin as he nuzzled the junction of her neck. Yun Hee let out a sigh at the feeling of his lips on her bare skin, his warm breath tickling her every now and then. Moreover the prickly feeling of his unshaved stubble was adding to the sensation, making Yun Hee bend her head to give him more access.

“Sehun”, Yun Hee called out breathlessly, “Not now, please.”

“What?”, Sehun asked while on her skin blatantly, pretending to not know what she was talking about.

Yun Hee tightened her hold on the basin as she found herself slowly succumbing to his touches. Then she moved away slightly from his hold and finally turned to face him, looking at him as strictly as possible. “Don’t leave any new mark. Hiding them can be a real pain in the .”

Sehun pulled her closer to him and smirked, “Maybe I like to see you like that.” Then he placed his right index on her neck and trailed it over the marks that were visible. His eyes fell on the shirt she was wearing and leaned forward to whisper in her ear. “You look so hot wearing my shirt with nothing else. Pity that it reaches your thighs.”

The moment he whispered the words, he earned himself a well-deserved smack on his head from Yun Hee as he laughed out loud. “Don’t you dare make any erted remark, Oh Sehun”, Yun Hee warned him to which Sehun replied with soft a bite on her earlobe, earning another smack on his stomach.

“Oh Sehun, don’t.” Yun Hee pointed her index at him playfully, making Sehun bring her closer to him to the point of leaving no space between their bodies as he bit on that finger.

“Are you a carnivore or something? Why are you biting me so much?”, Yun Hee asked pretending to be annoyed. Then she ran her finger over the stubble on his jaw with Sehun looking at her intently.

“Haven’t you been shaving? What’s with this wild look?”

“I wanted to look manlier for you, you know?”, Sehun said before his face split into grin after seeing Yun Hee giving him her special stink eye. “Kidding, wifey. I just didn’t feel like doing it. You know how lazy I am.”

Yun Hee nodded at his explanation, her finger running through the prickly hairs the whole time, looking at them attentively.

“Are you seriously looking that unshaved beard on my face so lovingly? I am getting jealous of them, you know? I have been waiting for you the whole time to look at my eyes, but you are only…”

“Sehun”, Yun Hee stopped him in the midway.

“Hmm.”

“Can I shave your face today?”

 

And thus they ended up in the position they were in at that time, Sehun sitting beside the bathtub with Yun Hee standing in the gap between his legs, facing him properly. Yun Hee was trying her level best to stay focused, afraid of cutting his face because of her haste. But because of Sehun, who was feeling a bit too touchy, her efforts were all going down the drain. Sehun had not only smeared her whole face with his shaving cream, but also had drenched her here and there while playing with the water of the bathtub. Her stern look, her light smacks, her scolding – none of them seemed to work on Sehun.

“Sehun, can’t you just stay still? You might get a cut, you know?”

“But I want to kiss you so bad which you are not letting me.”

“But your face is filled with shaving cream.”

“Yours is too.”

Yun Hee let out a frustrated sigh at his pointless arguments. “You were the one who covered my face with that.”

Suddenly Sehun’s eyes turned sharp and his voice seemed to drop a couple of octaves as he muttered, “Do you know how hard it is for me to have you standing in front of me with nothing but a flimsy shirt and doing nothing?”

Yun Hee gulped when Sehun pulled her down to his level, making her sit on his lap. “Do you know how badly I want to wreck you right now?” Then Sehun gave her a sinister smile for a moment before claiming her lips like the hungry beast he was at that moment.

Yun Hee didn’t have any other option besides saying goodbye to yet another peaceful morning.

 

“You know what? If the morning thing keeps going on any longer, then you will be responsible for dropping me to the hospital fully dressed and properly fed”, Yun Hee said as she strapped the seatbelt around her before leaning her head on the seat. “This thing is very tiring, I swear. I cannot even lift a finger right now.”

“So, you mean to say, I have to be responsible for clothing you up and feeding you breakfast?”, Sehun enquired as he started the engine. “Well, feeding you won’t be much of a problem, but dressing you up…” Sehun paused as he pretended to think seriously, “…that would be something tough.”

“Why?”

“Keeping my hands from exploring would definitely prove to be tough task.” Sehun smirked as he saw the mortified expression of Yun Hee.

“Dear God!”, Yun Hee shouted as she looked at the ceiling of the car. “Forgive me for I have sinned.”

“And how have you sinned exactly?”, Sehun asked curiously.

“Well, I must have sinned gravely for having been landed with someone as -crazed as you.”

Sehun chuckled and replied, with his eyes still on the road, “Well, I am not crazy for , I am crazy for you.” Then he gave a wink before focusing on the road again. “And don’t call it , babe. What we do is not having , it is making love.”

“Okay. Enough of this baseless discussion. I have something to tell you”, Yun Hee said as she turned to look at him, her head still leaned against the head-rest.

“What? Are you cheating on me?”, Sehun said, pretending to gasp.

“Bad joke, Sehun”, Yun Hee said in a stern voice. “This is not even something to joke about.”

Sehun chuckled at her expression. “Yeah, yeah. I know how much you hate the concept of cheating. Youknow, you have the tendency to almost tear apart those books that have even the slightest mention of infidelity. Let’s not even say how violently you react when you watch movies like that”, he said with a hint of mischief in his voice, making Yun Hee look at him with serious eyes.

“Okay, okay. What did you want to tell me?”, Sehun said when he realized he had clearly ruined Yun Hee’s mood by teasing her.

Yun Hee shifted a little in her seat before facing him properly. “I might get a little late today, you know? So you can go home without me. I will call my driver to pick me up.”

“How late exactly? If it’s not too much, then I could wait. I am not having the smoothest days in my office, you know? I might also get a little late. If we could adjust the time a little here and there, then there would be no problem.”

“I am not exactly sure. I will let you know once I get an idea of it, okay?”

“Alright.”

"Now, I am off too sleep. Don't wake me up until we reach, you monster", Yun Hee said. Sehun laughed at her fowl expression before leaning towards her an placing a quick kiss on her forehead and then focusing on the road again.

"Sleep tight, my sassy queen."

 


 

Sehun was reviewing the emails sent by the head of the finance department. It was a report on the financial states and possibilities of the new project they were about to start. It was going to be a huge project and Sehun was going to have to shoulder it on his own. This was no joint venture like the one they were currently working on with Kim Corp. So Sehun didn’t have anyone like Jongin to rely on.

He sighed as he finished looking through the report and then shifted his attention to file containing their plans. People working in their company were no joke when it came to their capabilities, but being the CEO of the company and majoring on finance, he couldn’t ignore even the smallest possibilities of loose ends. At the end of the day, it was all up to him to make sure they could get their projects done with the maximum amounts of profit and Sehun was going to make sure to not let his father down.

He kept going through the files on and on, signing some important documents in the mean while. He had to finish this before moving to his next schedule, which was something personal. He couldn’t possibly compromise his work with his personal needs. He looked at the clock on his desk and sighed. It was already 11 AM and his secretary would be calling him or knocking on his door anytime to inform about the arrival of his lawyer.

Sehun was about to meet the buyer of his penthouse for some legal issues and he couldn’t postpone the meeting anymore. He had already fixed the meeting a week after he had got the call from the realtor, Choi Sungmin. Any other delay and the deal could be called off. He didn’t want to take the risk.

After finishing his work, Sehun stretched his limbs and got up to arrange his stuff. They would be here anytime and the last thing he would want them to see would be mess in his room.

When he was done, Sehun picked up his phone and saw that there was a text from Yun Hee who had sent a photo of her with the kid she was studying, with a caption that said, “I am not missing you at all”. Sehun laughed at her obviousness.

“Yeah, right. That’s why you sent me text even though we were to meet in an hour or two for lunch”, Sehun sent back. He laughed when he saw the emoji Yun Hee had sent, the one with its tongue stuck out. Then he saw her sending another text.

“I just wanted you to see how cute I look with anyone that is not you.”

Sehun shook his head at her reply. Even after all this time, he couldn’t help finding her sarcasm amusing. She would never tell him directly that she was missing him, but he knew her. Sehun was about to continue the conversation but a call from his secretary interrupted him. So to keep it short, he just sent a simple “Yeah, right” before picking up the call.

“Ms. Bae.”

“Sir, Mr. Choi is here with 2 other guests. Should I let them in?”

“Yeah, sure. They must be the buyer and his agent. I was too busy to contact Mr. Choi about them.”

“Okay, sir. I will do that.”

Sehun scrolled through his chat with Yun Hee and saw nothing under his last text. Assuming that she had become busy, he also left his phone on his desk and got up to greet his guests when he heard the door to his room opening.

 


 

Yun Hee sighed when she looked at her phone for the nth time, but found nothing from her husband. She convinced herself that he might be busy, but it was almost lunch time yet there was nothing from Sehun, she couldn’t help feeling disappointed. Nonetheless she held her phone in her hand and dialled for Sehun to ask if he was on his way or not.

She dialled the phone for two times straight but both of them went unanswered. It was weird, because Sehun always made sure to pick up her call on the ring, unless he was in a meeting. But as far as Yun Hee remembered, he had no meeting scheduled during his lunch. His last meeting before lunch, the one with the realtor, was supposed to end an hour ago.

Yun Hee brushed away all her thoughts before picking up the phone and was about to dial for the 3rd time when she got a call from Sehun. Wasting no time Yun Hee picked up the call and was about to give him a piece of her mind when she heard the tired voice of sound coming from the other line.

“Hee.” Yun Hee could swear that he had whispered her name.

“Sehun, are you okay?”

She heard him clearing his voice a little before speaking up again. “Yeah, just a bit tired. But now that I have heard your voice, I feel fine.”

Yun Hee heard him chuckle lightly, but couldn’t help feeling concerned when his chuckle also sounded tired.

“Why? What happened?”

She heard him breathing through the phone for a while, not speaking a word. “Hello? Sehun, are you okay?”

“Yeah, yeah. Don’t worry. I will not let anything go wrong." Then he paused a little after saying the sentence before continuing again. "You know how dad gets whenever we get a new project in our hand. He turns into a tyrant. This is why I called you.”

Hearing her speaking in long sentences, Yun Hee felt relieved again. “You called me to badmouth about dad?” She heard Sehun laughing on the other side.

“No. I wanted to tell you that we can’t meet for lunch. There is an unscheduled meeting just to satisfy my overly hyped dad.”

“Oh! It’s okay, then. We could meet on our way…”

“About that Hee, I think you should call your driver. I don’t know when I can get off.”

“But Sehun, we could work out our…”

“Hee, I don’t want you to wait after having a tiring day of your own.”

Yun Hee was about to say something, but Sehun interrupted her. “Hee, I gotta go now.”

“Okay, b…”

“Hee, can you tell me that you love me?”

“What is with this unusual request?” Yun Hee laughed at his randomness.

“Please, just once.” She could clearly hear him breathing loudly through the phone, probably in anticipation. Yun Hee blushed profusely, looking around herself in shy glances afraid of someone hearing her. She couldn’t believe herself behaving like a teenager.

“Bye, Sehun. Have a good day.” Then she cut the call before laughing loudly like the fool in love she was. Containing her feelings were getting tougher day by day and she didn’t know how to manage this amount of happiness. Everything around her felt like a dream

She was lost in her happy bubble, totally unaware of the fact dreams are meant to vanish and people are bound to wake up from it. She also didn’t know that her own wake-up call was currently knocking on her door, waiting for her to open the door of her eyes.

 


 

Yun Hee had almost drifted off to sleep when her chauffeur informed her that they had reached their destination. She opened her eyes tiredly and looked around herself to see that they were on their driveway, but what seemed to catch her attention was the presence of Sehun’s car there.

Yun Hee crooked her eyebrows when she remembered Sehun telling him about his workload and his possibility of coming home later than her. But her brain was too tired to function so she just brushed away those thoughts and cheered up when she realized that Sehun was home. After all, nothing could beat the heavenly feeling of going home after a long day of work and just nestle yourself in the arms of your love.

Stepping her feet inside the house, Yun Hee went straight towards the living room and plopped herself on one of the sofas, not having the energy to move around much. A maid appeared in front of her with a tray containg a glass of water and placed it in front of her. Yun Hee gulped down the water in a moment before asking the maid to drop her stuffs in their bedroom. 

The maid was about to leave when Yun Hee lifted her head and called for her. "Aera, is Sehun in our bedroom?"

"No, miss. Sir straightly went to his study after coming home. He seemed rushed, probably busy with his work. Do you want me tell him anything?"

"No, it's okay. I will meet him myself after washing up. He must be engrossed in his work, so don't need to bother him until dinner."

"Sure, miss." Then she was off to their bedroom to leave Yun Hee's stuffs, leaving Yun Hee behind to rest in the couch for a while.

 

After coming out of the shower, Yun Hee directly made her to the study, tiptoeing when she was close to it. She opened the door slightly, careful to not make any noise and peeked inside to see Sehun's back facing her, doing something on the disk. She opened the a little wider to make enough for her to go through, but the door ended up making a creaking noise because of that.

Yun Hee laughed sheepishly when Sehun diverted his attention from his wrok and turned to look at her. "Hey! I am sorry that I disturbed you. You can go back to your work." She was about to leave when she heard Sehun calling out for her, his missing his usual cheerfulness.

"Where are you going? Come here", he said as he stretched out his arms and opened them wide for her. Yun Hee smiled before walking towards him and sitting on his lap, nestling herself in his arms while hiding her face in the crook of his neck. Sehun wrapped his arms around her the moment she was rested properly then ran her hand up and down through her back.

"Had a rough day?" To which Yun Hee hummed against his neck and nodded, making Sehun chuckle. Then he heard her whispering agaisnt his skin. "You too?"

Sehun's face hardened a little, but Yun hee couldn't see that. "Yeah. Mine was more like mentally draining." She couldn't detect the double meaning in his sentence.

Yun Hee pulled back her face a little and looked at Sehun in his Sehun, her hands wrapped around his neck loosely as he held her waist.

"So how did the neeting go with the realtor? Is your penthouse officially sold?" Yun Hee saw his face turning rigid and he was looking at her with keen eyes, as if searching for something in hers. She couldn’t decipher  anything from his reaction.

"Yes. It was." But he didn't sound as happy as she had expected him to be. Then she scolded herself mentally. The penthouse was still a part of his past, something that was once his home.

"You okay?" Yun Hee asked, seeing his face sporting a smile at her question.

"Are you thinking something you shouldn’t?, Sehun asked playfully. "Yun Hee, I am not feeling traumatised or something at the loss of the penthouse like you think." Then he placed a quick peck on her lips, making Yun Hee smile at the gesture. "Trust me." 

"Okay, fine. I trust you." Yun Hee shifted slightly on his lap. "Sehun, I actually came to call you for dinner. I am feeling too tired to stay awake any longer, so I was thinking of having dinner now."

Sehun cooed looking at her sleepy face before chuckling lightly. "I would have come, Hee. But I still have so many work left and so less time for that. Why don't you just eat and then go to bed without me? I promise to join you when I am done."

Yun Hee hummed an 'okay' before wriggling in his arms, wanting to get up, but Sehun didn't let her. He tightened his hold on her and shuggled face in her hair, holding her close to him.

"Stay like this a little longer", he whispered. "I need this. I need you to stay."

Yun Hee just smiled a little at her husband's clinginess and stayed still for as long as Sehun wanted her, not detecting the hidden meaning in his words again.

 

In that pitch black night, when Yun Hee was still coming back and forth from the dreamland to her bedroom, she felt warm hands spooning her from behind and warm legs tangling with her own. The newfound comfort was too tough to resist and Yun Hee couldn't help giving in to the temptation called sleep soon. The last thing her mind registered before blacking out was warm lips being placed on her forehead lovingly.

But her hazy mind failed to register two things - her whispering 'I love you' to that person and the person whispering 'I will not let anything go wrong between us' to her.

 


 

Sehun looked at the three people entering through the door of his room, two of them were strangers to hHeyim; or at least they were supposed to be. Because he happened to know one of those two, the only lady present in the room, a bit too well.

Sehun froze in his spot when the lady stepped forward towards him and stretched her hand for a shake. He felt his world spinning widely around him when Mr. Coi gave him the introduction of the lady, half of which he had known for all his life while the other half was the one that was the cause of the chaos in his peaceful world.

"Mr. Oh, meet Ms. Kang Jieun, the possible future owner of your penthouse."

 


 

Hey, this is Anikasen.

Today is Eid in our country, so once again, Eid Mubarak.

You know how much I love reading the comments and for the last few days, many of you are commenting about how you guys are bracing yourself for the angst part. Some were even getting frustrated for quite a long spell of fluff. Well a good news for them and a breaking news for all -The real angst of this story is finally starting and is about to go on for LONG. I hope you have noticed how the story is more of a slowburn one, so if the fluff felt long to anyone then just imagine the longevity of the angst that has already made its presence. After all, the main tag of the story is angst.

Another thing. Those who have watched the MV of 'Candy", I have a humble question for you. Are you guys alive? Cz, I am already lying in my grave, watching the part of Baekhyun looking at the female dancer with that flirty look of his and dying again and again. The power Baekhyun holds is insane. He is literally on the verge of being a million seller soloist and has already left his EXO sunbae behind in the list of best selling albums in the first 24 hours. 600k+ and still counting, no joke.

Anyways, stay home, stay safe, stay healthy, stay happy. Love you.