New Choreographer

YOU & I (You and TWICE, SNSD)

To them, Im Nayeon threw back her long silky hair, raised her head up and looked at the clear, clear sky. Her brown eyes carefully peered into transparency, trying to see at least a little cloud in the distance. But her expectation was not successful, yet the weather forecast for today did not lie. Sunny, clear day, no precipitation.

The girl loved sunny weather, but she liked it when the air temperature did not rise above 25 degrees. Now, in her opinion, the temperature has risen 30 degrees. And, as you order, in such heat to go to school?! The asphalt is cracking underfoot, the sidewalks breathe with suffocating heat, and there is no breeze. Now I would go to the beach, closer to the water, and generally forget about the training days. But, if she wanted to achieve the result of her 7-year-old labors, then you need to go to the agency. One was glad that in such a sunshine she would not be the only one to wear out in dance practice.

Even just looking at the sky, she resolutely went to low-rise buildings, with an elegant guise « JYP Entertainment's ». A new day began, and Nayeon was sure that he would bear fruit.

***

The bus was very hot, already in the morning a lot of people piled on, and all sweaty and sticky bodies touched it, causing disgust. She dreamed of getting out of it already, but too lazy to go another stop on foot, stopped her. She mentally encouraged herself, promising that as soon as she got out of the bus she would buy ice cream.

At first, thoughts of "ice cream" kept her there, then the truth sensory organs opposed when one of the men decided to move closer to her. Then her nose could not stand it, she just jumped out of the bus with a bullet, and thank heaven at the right stop. She exhaled, then took a deep breath, absorbing the hot, dusty air. Recovering a little, the girl looked around.

“Still, I'm here.” I can’t believe that I personally see the logo. JYP , known all over Korea, we finally met - she pointed towards a low building, the girl said. She laughed happily, danced a joyful dance, and with an exciting heart went to the building.

***

Director of JYP Entertainment, Park Jin-yeong eagerly tapped his fingers on the table, beating only his guided rhythm. He looked hopefully at the door, waiting for the person he was talking to on Monday to enter his office. The telephone conversation did not last long, but how many impressions he left behind. As a director, he saw new opportunities for improving his company, as a person he was glad to meet someone who understands his views in music.

He told his interns many times that the most important thing for the artists of his company was honesty, kindness and respect. Only thanks to the qualities of his fellows turned into fine actors that give their energy around the world, in any endeavor, to which they aspired. Music, movies or musicals. Wherever his artists appeared, they gave light.

Without hesitation, he invited this man to his company, he wanted to see him, only in this way he could understand whether he was suitable or not.

They knocked timidly on the door, the man even got up a little from excitement when he asked the knocker to enter. The door was ajar and a short-haired girl with chestnut braids entered, her hazel brown hazel dots with emerald eyes looked at the director with inquisitive attentiveness. A serious face lit up with a wide smile, and the girl immediately changed, Park Jin-yong even thought that an angel came down to him from heaven. She was illuminated by a bright warm light, and her voice, greeting him, personified a soft tone.

- Who will be my ward? - after the greeting, the girl immediately asked, sitting down on a chair near the table. From such agility, the man laughed. He already liked this girl.

-You will be hard pressed to get to work, although I have not yet told you that I agree to take you? And you have not introduced yourself yet.

- Dance choreographer Kim JinHyo, 27 years old, I love to find new aspirations for both music and dancing. I do not like to repeat myself, it’s too boring to look at how I see familiar movements from song to song. I am looking for something original, non-standard. My desire is to see how millions of people dance my choreography! Now, introduce yourself, ”she asked enthusiastically, glancing cheerfully from beneath her lowered eyelashes at her boss.

- Ha ha ha girl, I like you! - clapped his hands Pak Jin-yong , looking at her enthusiastically. - Well, I’m the director, producer, singer and composer Park Jin-yong . I am looking for something not ordinary and bright in every intern who comes to me. They trust me, but I, in turn, do everything so that they do not regret their choice.

For a while they were silent, enjoying the silence in the study, then the girl began to unwind her pigtails, freeing her hair. The man watched with interest, trying to understand why she was doing this. The girl noticed his gaze, met him directly, smiled and simply said:

- Let your head rest. When I work, I usually tie them in the tail. Now let it be so, hair needs rest too - she giggled sweetly, shaking her hair. And again, once again, the girl was transformed, she began to shine even brighter. How is it possible to radiate so much more light?

- So, who is my ward? I assure you, even from a caterpillar I will turn anyone into a butterfly.

- I have been thinking for a long time that it is time to release the women's group again. The new women's group, which will have to debut in a year and a half, I called TWICE . 9 girls whom I selected after many dubious thoughts. The dossier on them is in this folder - the director of the company tapped on the green file.

- I prefer a lively acquaintance with them. I don’t care what is written there, - she nodded to the folder, - I am interested in the personality. Will you give me the opportunity to see them.

Does she understand me so clearly? Surprisingly, she is amazing. He assumed that this would be so, as soon as she went inside, he felt a familiar aura. The aura that came from himself when he chose people sitting in a judicial chair. Pushing the folder aside, he leaned across the table, peering into her eyes, then a fatherly smile lit up on his face:

- Still, my intuition never fails. I will give you the opportunity to see them in my style. Today I wanted to announce to them that they were making their debut, so I asked them to come in the morning to immediately begin to prepare for their first performance as a group. But before my announcement, maybe you want to try them out? His eyes narrowed slyly at the girl's impenetrable face.

- To test? Sounds good. So I can evaluate the skills of the dance and hear how they sing during the dance. I just have one dance with me. So to speak, their exam. After him, I determine whether I will work with this person or not.

“I understand, and agree with any method you suggest, Jinhyo .” Who am I to argue with the world choreographer? He joked, opening the door and letting the girl go forward.

- Director, you flatter me, I am only the second best. My first mentor is Baek Chen - the girl answered jokingly, she thanked with a nod of her head when she left the office first. - Do you have a video room where they can watch the video with my choreography?

“In every rehearsal room,” he confirmed, showing her the way.

- Then, take me to where they most often train. And introduce me to them. Say I'm the representative of a new dance show. My leader gave me the task of finding talented youth. And I'm driving around the agencies looking for a nugget. As for the video, say that it seems to be like a video call to it.

“Are you so careful with everyone, Kim Jin Hyo ?” The director asked, pressing the elevator button.

“Better to check than to make a mistake later.” 15 minutes to learn dance moves. An hour to rehearse from his memory. And there, there is one flaw, the choreography is not finished, I want to see what ending they come up with.

“You take the matter very seriously, I want to work with you more and more,” Pak Jin-yong praised her .

“Let me see the photos of the girls,” she asked, seeing that the director had brought a dossier with him to the new group. - Now I’ll make subgroups based on the photos.

- What for? Ah, I get it. Got it, got it, so you want to make sure of their chemistry? Here you go - he quickly took out photographs of all 9 girls and handed her over to her.

She began to carefully examine them, while they went down the elevator to the basement, where the rehearsal rooms were now. After a few minutes, three subgroups were folded in one hand. Once again their views, she passed them to the director.

- I want to see such a composition.

Park Jin-yong looked at the choreographer's choice and raised an eyebrow in surprise. Each photo was marked who is a dancer and who is a singer. Did she understand everything so quickly without even reading their files?

“There is nothing to be surprised at, my eye is focused on such things.” When they are ready, let them come here, I will wait for them.

- Still, an hour is not enough to study everything, but I will not argue.

***

There were rehearsal rooms on the second floor of the company. By themselves, they were small, about 15 people fit in force, so do not scatter. If you wanted to work out separately, to study the dance in detail, then you had to record. Time reported to the minute.

If you decide to work out in the morning, then allocate from 9:00 to 18:00, then the training schedule is full. You could calmly turn on the music as loud as you like, the walls were sound insulated. Mirrors on the entire wall, from floor to ceiling. A small black sofa, a tape recorder with speakers, a bowler with water. The director took care of his interns.

Im Nayeon slowly walked to one of these rooms. She opened the door without knocking, went inside. She was met by 8 friends, the same trainees as she herself. The director asked them to get together here, he said about some news.

Of course, Nayeon had no doubt, knowing what each of the girls thought, maybe it will be about the debut. Each of them from different years trained in the company. Her best friend Jihyo is 10 years old, then she goes - 7 years.There was a girl who trained only a year, but she was noticed because of the ballet, gave a lot of points.

They are all different, but somehow became friends, and now everyone wanted to become one group.

“Hello,” she greeted, folding her things on the sofa, where bags and backpacks already lay.

The girls warm up, no one knew what the director wanted from them. 2PM music sounded , created a rhythmic state of mind, the body itself sought to dance. One girl, a Japanese woman who came from Kyoto, Hirai Momo showed her dancing skills. Each of her movements was bewitching, Nayeon envied her, because she herself considered herself not very plastic. Tightened body, with perfectly expressed muscles, abs and the most charming smile on a pretty face.

Nayeon has been in love with her ever since Momo joined the company. 3 years of unrequited love. Now she looked with admiration at her friend's dance, blushing with how her hips move ually, as she makes a wave-like movement. Her eyes crossed in the mirror, Momo smiled happily at her, stopped and went to her:

Unnie , you are late today - hugged, laying your blond head on your shoulder.” - Momorin missed you.

- Sorry, Momo, I decided to walk today, and here's what happened - I my straight hair, enjoying the smell of peach from her.

- You walked?! - I heard an explanation in the near standing tall girl, with a hairstyle for a boy.

“Why are you surprised, Jeongyeon?”

- You always complain to me that your legs hurt after a 15-minute walk. And then you say that you walked from the house? You walked an hour and a half ?! Ha ha ha, don't lie to us - Jeongyeon did not believe her .

- Just imagine that today I found the strength to go on foot - I did not give up the position of Nayeon .

Momo hugged her waist, believed her every word, so Nayeon was not very offended by her friend. In an embrace with Momo, she took a couple of steps towards the sofa, took off her bag, put it down, looked at the other end of the hall. There warming up maknae - line , or rather tried to warm up, because their leader all the time they amused, showing strange movements or making faces .

“How long have they been like this?” - Smiling, she asked, hearing another burst of girls laughing.

“About 10 minutes,” Momo answered, almost touching the girl’s ear. - Jihyo scolded them a couple of times, but DaHyun continues anyway. She has a very playful mood today.

“I see, but ... Hey , Tofu, stop it,” she shouted, clapping her hands. “We don’t want the director to see, right?” Sana, turn on track number 7, it's time to do a couple of laps. Mina, Jihyo - called the girls who were looking at something on the phone.

“As expected, the eldest unnie joined the company,” said Jeongyeon, receiving a push in the shoulder from Nayeon.

“You mean I'm old?” - Nayeon asked menacingly frowning, she immediately began to make excuses, asking for forgiveness. - Enough talk, it's time to get down to business. Sana, scroll from the beginning, one, two, three ...

***

Nayeon's intuition did not disappoint, as soon as they began to repeat the familiar movements, the door to the hall opened, and the director entered. Behind him loomed another silhouette, after a few seconds they all understood who had come. They bowed deeply, admiringly looking at the main choreographer of the country and abroad , Kim Jinhyo .

“Hello, girls,” their director greeted, they greeted him in unison. “Let me introduce you, Kim Jin Hyo , she agreed to look at you.” If everything goes smoothly, then it will be your choreographer. So that I am leaving you with her now, she is the main one today.

- Excuse me with PD , do you mean that we will become a group? - Nayeon raised her hand timidly up.

- Ah, yes, I completely forgot! I gathered you here to say - you are my new girl group TWICE. Congratulations, girls!

“Are you kidding?” The director shook his head, smiling. - Are we a group? Hurrah! We did it! We are debuting !!!