Chapter 8

First Love, Last Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Starting from this chapter there will be few of flashbacks, hope you won't get confuse. The flashback will be in Italics.

____________________________________________________

 

|| Chapter 8 ||

 

"Mingyu-ya," Jisoo ends it with a heavy sigh.

He couldn't let out other words from his mouth other than his bestfriend's name. He wants to say more, to comfort Mingyu but he doesn't know what he should say when he watches Mingyu's condition right now.

Jisoo witnessed all the pain Mingyu went through because of four years ago incident. He regret at that times he could not do anything to help Mingyu and Jeonghan's relationship. He never expect this would happen. Their love is so deep, yet the depth of their love is the reason of their separation and the pain. Jisoo's parent advised him not to interfere too much. Hence, he persuaded his parent to let him to bring Mingyu along to New York to let Mingyu run away from all this chaos. That was the only thing he could do for Mingyu.

_______________
 

Mingyu opens his eyes when he felt the heat from the sunlight on his face. He gets up and sits on his bed while his fingers on his head, pressing his heavy and aching head.

"Take this," said Jisoo, passes Mingyu a glass of water to lessen his hangover.

Mingyu lifts up his head, as he looks at Jisoo's face the memory of him and Jisoo at the drinking bar yesterday night rushes into his mind. He takes the glass and smiles weakly to Jisoo, feeling guilty with what has happened yesterday before he drinks all the water and puts the glass on the bedside table.

"Thank you and---I'm sorry," said Mingyu.

"So, do you wanna wake up now or continue your sleep?" asked Jisoo.

"Continue sleep, my head is still aching, it's hell heavy as rock," replied Mingyu, laying his body on his bed again.

"I go home first okay, just call me when you are ready to talk, but make sure you are sober, don't be like last night," said Jisoo, sounded like a warning.

Mingyu shows okay sign with his fingers. Jisoo sighs while looking at Mingyu before he walks out from Mingyu's bedroom.

.
.
.

Mingyu enters the cafe near to his apartment to meet Jisoo. He and Jisoo sure can meet and talk at his or Jisoo's house but Mingyu wants to take fresh air after struggling with the hangover this morning, thus he decided to meet Jisoo outside. He glances at his watch. Fifteen before six. He straightly goes to the counter to order the drink for both of them since Jisoo told him he will arrive around six. He orders iced honey lemon and BBQ bacon sandwich for him and Jisoo's favourite, iced latte and chicken pie before he takes a seat at the corner of the cafe waiting for their order. He looks outside through the glass wall and watches a couple walking hand in hand with smiles plaster on their face. Mingyu lowering his head, he is aware he is wearing a bitter smile while remembering what he saw a few days ago.

"Ya, are you still unsober?" asked Jisoo, while settle himself on the chair opposite of Mingyu.

"Nope, my head is very clear right now," replied Mingyu.

"So, where did you meet him?" asked Jisoo straight forward.

"I didn't meet him personally, I just saw him from afar--in the cafe, on my way back home..." Mingyu pauses when the waitress comes and serves their order.

"With Wonwoo," continued Mingyu after thanking the waitress.

Jisoo let an exaggerated sigh out after listened to Mingyu.

"I really hate to hear that name," replied Jisoo. 

"He is our friend," replied Mingyu.

"Yeah before what he did to you, but now not anymore," answered Jisoo with his firm voice.

Mingyu looks at Jisoo. His bestfriend is known widely with his gentle and kind manners but he also can be so aggressive. He knows how Jisoo resents Wonwoo and Jeonghan with what happen to him.

"So, did they really get together now?" asked Jisoo, lowering his tone when he looks at Mingyu's face.

"Maybe, that is what Wonwoo wanted--and they looked happy--at least from my view," told Mingyu.

"Huh! they are really pissed me off!!" said Jisoo.

"Jisoo-ya, you know right Jeonghan is innocent, he knows nothing," Mingyu tries to lessen Jisoo's resentment.

"Yeah, I know he is innocent but somehow he make me feels annoyed, I'm sorry," said Jisoo, "I really don't have any regret in my life before, but now my only regret is introducing him to you, I really regret it," continued Jisoo.

"You should thankful to him I no longer the man who kept changing lover, you used nagging me for that," said Mingyu.

"Better to see you happy like that than to be like this, you are harming yourself, how can I be happy to see you like yesterday, you're already fine two years ago but now you back again at the starting point, do you want to waste another years for them?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you Jisoo," Mingyu puts his drink down.

Jisoo sighs, he tones down his voice, "You know I love you right, I don't want to see you like that again."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter