Chapter 6

First Love, Last Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

||CHAPTER 6||

 


Jeonghan shifts his gaze from one face to another face of his classmate, trying hard to find the hint behind their faces. Their expression made Jeonghan waits for no more, he grabs his backpack and get himself out from his class.

All along his way to his home he tried to contact Mingyu again and again however, only a reply message came in stated Mingyu will call him back, the usual message since Mingyu claims he is busy with the company matters. Jeonghan presses button call again, doesn't satisfied with just a text message in this situation.

"Mingyu, please answer your phone!! Prove that they are wrong please!"

Jeonghan clenches his phone tightly after his phone call went into the voice mail.

"Kim Mingyu, please! Please don't make me like this! Pick up your phone please."

Jeonghan ended sleeping with his phone in his hand.

Just after two days Mingyu finally gives him a call after Jeonghan's lost counted phone calls and messages.

Jeonghan walks with a heavy step toward the lake near their college, where they promised to meet. He could see from afar Mingyu's glimpse, standing under the tree, facing the lake.

"Mingyu..." called Jeonghan softly, Mingyu turns to face Jeonghan.

Jeonghan looks at Mingyu, he misses him. Mingyu who comes with a black suit and wearing a black sunglass gives off a cold vibe today, he usually the one who initiate a hug everytime they meet but today he stay still. Jeonghan flusters.

"I know you are busy nowadays, so I will make it straight to the point," said Jeonghan, he pauses before he asks the question he already prepared yesterday,  "Are you-- are you already get tired with me?"

"No," answered Mingyu short.

"But why you've been avoiding me lately? You said you are busy but my classmates saw you in our college fooling around with someone else," said Jeonghan.

Mingyu keeps silent.

"Answer me Mingyu!"

"So, am I get busted?" asked Mingyu after a while.

Jeonghan couldn't believe what he heard. He tried not to be affected by Mingyu's question but his love is too deep to stay calm in this situation.

"You said--" Jeonghan tried to calm his breathing, "You mean you really has someone else?" asked Jeonghan with his choked voice, still trying hard not to let his tears come out.

"What do you think?" replied Mingyu.

'Why it sound so arrogant?' Jeonghan asked himself. Mingyu never use that tone to him before. In a second he really had a thought that is not Mingyu who answered his question just now but there's a voice telling him to recall the first thing he heard about Mingyu in his first day in college back then.

"So, you are really what they said, I'm the stupid one who believe in you?" Jeonghan could feel a slump on his throat.

"Good if you already know, I don't need to explain anything," replied Mingyu cold.

"How could you?" Jeonghan bites his lips, brings his gaze on the ground, "How could you?" said Jeonghan again but this time, it just a whisper for himself.

Never cross his mind Mingyu would crush his heart like this. He loves Mingyu so much. Too much till he ignored what others said about himself.

"So all this time our relationship was just a lie? Everytime you said you love me, was that a lie too?" asked Jeonghan after he succeed gathers his courage to look at Mingyu again, he could feel his tears would come out anytime but he tried to hold it.

"No, you don't need to answer that, let's stop here, there's really nothing to hear from you, just--I hope I won't see you again—forever," Jeonghan continues when he saw Mingyu just standing still, seem doesn't have intention to answer him, even though Mingyu would answer him, there's no word could comfort him right now. 

Jeonghan doesn't wait for more, he turns around and walks away from that place. The tears which he hold since the beginning finally fall down. He wipes his tears again and again, he hopes the tears will stop but it doesn't no matter how many time he wipes it away. It's hurt. It's really hurt. How he wishes he just could rewind the time so he wouldn't come to this college.

 

_______________
 

It's already three weeks since he broke up with Mingyu. He didn't see Mingyu, Jisoo or even Wonwoo in the college at all,  not even a glimpse. Rumors is flying around again saying that the three of them are busy with the company matters. For Jeonghan even though he didn't see Mingyu, everyday is the torture for him to listen to the sarcastic comments and laugh from his classmates. Some of them call him 'another Mingyu's victims' and some of them came to him to ask how he felt but the hateful thing is when they said to his face he is lucky because he at least could get a taste to be Mingyu's lover.

'Is it lucky to be dumped like this?!!' monologued Jeonghan, 'They are really crazy!!!'

He wanted to cry, he wanted to scream at them but he held himself back from doing those useless thing. He pretend he was fine however everytime he was at home he would just lying on his bed thinking about him and Mingyu.

'Did I really worthless to be with him?'

'How could he feigned all the warmth and sweet concern?'

'Did he lie when he worried about eomma too?'

'When he kissed me, that tender touch is it a lie too?'

And without he realized his tears would start streaming down. It's not easy for him to forget Mingyu. Mingyu is his first love. The time he spent with Mingyu is undeniably the happy moment for him. Each seconds they spent Jeonghan was really happy. He swore he could feel the real love Mingyu gave to him but how it turned out to be like this? Are all players like that? Could they really feign the real warmth love?

.
.
.

"Jeonghan, take this more, you need to eat more," Jeonghan's father puts a piece of dakgalbi in his rice bowl.

"Appa, I already eat this," answered Jeonghan.

"Eat a little more, you need more strength to look after your mother."

That was the same words he heard from Mingyu before.

'Why everything happened around remind me of him?'

Jeonghan chews his rice slowly. He holds back his tears again, tried not to cry in front of his father.

'I hate you, Kim Mingyu! I hate you!'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter