The 1, 2, 3

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changsub rang the doorbell but there was no answer. After a few more rings, he punched in the passcode and entered the house. 

 

Changsub: Sungjae-ah? It's hyung, I'm here! I brought dinner! Sungjae? Are you feeling better? 

 

With no answer, Changsub headed towards Sungjae's bedroom.

 

Changsub: Are you still asleep?

 

There was no sign of Sungjae in his bedroom, so Changsub wandered through every room of the house until he found Sungjae asleep in his studio. 

 

Changsub: Aish this kid... I told him to rest but he kept working instead

 

Changsub saw the paper Sungjae used to scribble on the lyrics. Changsub picked it up and read it. Seeing Sungjae's deepest and truest emotions written down in words, Changsub also shed a tear as it broke his heart to see his beloved dongsaeng suffering. He took off his coat and draped it over Sungjae, then quietly crept out of the room.

At this moment, his phone vibrated. To Changsub's surprise, it was a phone call from Joy. 

 

Changsub: Sooyoung-ah?

Joy: Hey Changsub oppa...

Changsub: What's up...?

Joy: I have a favour to ask...

Changsub: What is it?

Joy: Can you please take extra care of Sungjae oppa for me...? I don't know if he told you, but...

Changsub: You guys broke up, yea I know...

Joy: Right... How is he doing...?

Changsub: Honestly? Not good... But at least he's finally resting now

Joy: Right...

Changsub: Can I ask you why you broke up with him...? I mean, the very fact that you're calling me to check on him tells me that you still care about him, so why...?

Joy: I'm sorry... I'm really sorry for hurting Sungjae oppa, but I had no choice... I had to...

Changsub: I don't understand... Sooyoung-ah

Joy: Just... Please take good care of him for me... And tell him to forget me... Thank you Changsub oppa...

 

Just like that, Joy hung up the phone. 

 

Sungjae: Hyung? Who were you on the phone with?

 

Changsub turned around to find Sungjae standing behind him.

 

Changsub: Huh? Oh it was no one, you're up? Did you get a good rest?

Sungjae: Yea...

Changsub: Are you feeling better?

Sungjae: A little I guess...

 

Changsub heated up the food and made sure Sungjae ate. He kept Sungjae company through the night and tried to cheer him up. He knew it was difficult for him to get Sungjae to talk about his feelings, but he also knew a song was Sungjae's best way of expressiong his feelings. 

 

Changsub: You wanna hit the karaoke room? Come on, that's why you put your own karaoke room in your house right?

 

Changsub dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter