The Labyrinth

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae was feeling more useless than ever. With his legs tied up and his hands tied to his back, all his efforts to get out were in vain. He was desperate to contact Joy, but the producer had confiscated both his and Peniel's phones, he had no way to warn Joy. Feeling hopeless, Sungjae screamed in frustration. Seeing Sungjae experiencing a meltdown, Peniel tried to calm him down. The two managed to communicate through their eyes and limited motions. They both turned around facing back to back as Peniel tried to untie the ropes on Sungjae's wrist. After endless tries, they finally suceeded. Sungjae immediately loosened the rest of the ropes, ripped the duct tape off their mouths and rushed towards the door hurriedly.

 

Peniel: Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?

Sungjae: It's useless!! The door is locked, it won't budge!

 

Sungjae repeatedly slammed his body against the door trying to bust it open, but the sturdy door refused to open.

 

Peniel: Stop it, you're gonna hurt yourself

Sungjae: This is hopeless... There's nothing I can do! How am I supposed to stop him if I can't even get out of here??

Peniel: Yah Yook Sungjae, I know you're desperate, I know you're upset, but if you wanna get out of here and get to Joy, you need to calm down and think rationally

Sungjae: How...? How can I be rational right now hyung??

Peniel: I know, I know... But slamming yourself against the door isn't gonna miracally open it, you're only gonna end up injuring yourself

Sungjae: There's got to be a way out of here... There's got to be!

 

Peniel pulled Sungjae into a hug and comforted him as he scanned the room. When he looked around, something caught his eye. On the floor was a phone.

 

Peniel: A phone! It's a phone!

Sungjae: A phone? Give it to me! I need to call Sooyoung

Peniel: *Hands the phone to Sungjae*

Sungjae: Damn it!! It's locked!!

Peniel: Try guessing the passcode

Sungjae: *Punches in random passcodes* I can't get in...

Peniel: Well at least we can use the emergency call to call the police! They'll get us out of here

Sungjae: It's no use, it would take forever for them to get here, I need to get to Sooyoung before he gets to her...

Peniel: But it's our only way out

Sungjae: Wait a minute, this is the producer's phone!

Peniel: So?

Sungjae: Did you hear him just now? This phone must be filled with racy videos he took of people without their consent! With this phone I can put him behind bars for good without needing Joy to go on trial! I need to get this phone to the police! But first I need to save Sooyoungie...

Peniel: Do you think you can fit into the vents?

Sungjae:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter