The Perfect Birthday

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything was hazy in front of Joy's eyes. She was still feeling drowsy as she slowly opened her eyes and realized that she had fallen asleep on the taxi ride home. To her surprise, the taxi driver was coldly staring at her through the mirror without a single word. She then looked out the window and realized she has already arrived back at her dorm. She apologized then quickly paid the driver and got off the taxi. As she stepped out of the taxi, she struggled to balance on her feet as she was still slightly drunk and groggy. Seeing Joy stumble, the driver got off and came to Joy's side to help her balance on her feet. Joy took in a whiff of the driver's colonge. Somehow, the smell felt familiar to her, but she could not recall where she had encountered the smell.

After finally regaining a sense of her surroundings, Joy thanked the driver for helping her and made her way back to her dorm. Joy thought hard about her recent strange encounters with mysterious looking people who seemed familiar to her, but nothing came to mind, her mind was completely blank.

 

Why do I keep getting this strange feeling about the people I run into...? Where have I smelt that colonge before...? Is it something I should be wary of? Should I tell Sungjae oppa about this? 

 

Joy took out her phone and began messaging Sungjae about her weird experiences lately. She then hesitated as she was about to hit send. 

 

Am I just being paranoid over nothing? I'm probably just tired... I shouldn't worry Sungjae oppa, he's already worried enough as it is... 

 

Instead of hitting send, Joy deleted what she typed and just sent a short message letting Sungjae know that she's gotten home safely. 

 

A few days later, on the 2nd of September, Sungjae and Joy are at a restaurant enjoying a delicious lunch together. 

 

Sungjae: Do you like the food here?

Joy: Yup it's really good! We're always eating take-out food, it feels so strange to eat at such a high class restaurant!

Sungjae: Well it is your birthday lunch, of course I can't just be treating you to take out food, you're a 24 year old woman now~

Joy: You're right you're right, but my birthday isn't until tomorrow, so I'm still 23 today!!!

Sungjae: Who's fault is that?? You're the one who has to work tomorrow... I can't even celebrate your birthday on your actual birthday... Who works on their birthday??

Joy: I'm sorryyyy... But what can I do? I've got an afternoon schedule tomorrow! I can't just ditch my work and take the day off!!

Sungjae: Alright fine, since you're Hot Joy there's nothing I can do...

Joy: Ahh why are you calling me Hot Joy again??

 

Sungjae smiled cheekily. He loved teasing Joy, because her reactions are always adorable. He fed Joy a mouthful of steak. Joy her lips and moaned satisfyingly.

 

Joy: This is so good!! How can it be so tasty?

 

After finishing the meal, Sungjae grabbed Joy's hand and led her to the next destination.

 

Joy: Where are we going oppa?

Sungjae: To your birthday present

Joy: My present? My birthday present is a place?

Sungjae: You'll see when we get there, it's a surprise~ Now close your eyes

Joy: What?

Sungjae: Close your eyes

Joy: How can I walk on the street with my eyes closed??

Sungjae: I'll hold you and guide you, we're near the place so you need to close your eyes

Joy: Where in world are we going? What kind of places are there nearby?

 

Feeling uncertain, Joy closed her eyes hesitantly and leaned close to Sungjae so he could guide the way. Sungjae held her and took her to their destination. Joy heard a bell ring as they stepped into a shop at the sidewalk. 

 

Joy: What is this? Where are we?

Sungjae: Tada! You can open your eyes now~

 

Joy opened her eyes, to her surpr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter