The Fever

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following morning, Joy was awoken by the sound of her alarm. She turned it off and crawled out of bed. She glanced at Sungjae, who was half-awake from the sound of Joy washing up. Sungjae was sleep deprived as he barely got any sleep the night before. He moaned groggily while remaining motionless on the bed.

 

Joy: Did I wake you?

Sungjae: Mmm...

Joy: I've got an early schedule so I've gotta go, do you need to goto work today oppa?

Sungjae: It's my day off today...

Joy: Okay you should sleep in then, get some rest

Sungjae: Okay...

Joy: I've got some down time in between my schedules today so I'll be back for lunch before going out again

Sungjae: Kay...

Joy: Go back to sleep now, sweet dreams~

Sungjae: Mmm... Bye

 

Joy grinned at Sungjae's half-asleep responses. She kissed him on the forehead then headed off to work. Feeling exhausted, Sungjae quickly fell back into a deep sleep. 

 

After completing her morning schedule, Joy picked up two orders of take out ginseng chicken soup at Sungjae's favorite restaurant on her way home. As she stepped into the house, she called out to Sungjae.

 

Joy: Oppa! I'm home! I've got your favorite!!! Come out and eat it before it gets cold!

 

With no answer, Joy peeked into each and every room to look for Sungjae.

 

Joy: Oppa! Where are you? He's not at home? Did he go out?

 

As she walked into the bedroom, she was surprised to find Sungjae still asleep on the bed.

 

Joy: Omo omo oppa! You're still in bed?? It's already 2 in the afternoon!!

 

Sungjae scrunched his eyebrows upon hearing Joy's voice.

 

Sungjae: *Weakly* What...?

Joy: *Worriedly* You must be really tired... You didn't get much sleep last night again because of me, right?

Sungjae: *Mumbling with his eyes shut* No...

Joy: *Places hand on Sungjae's forehead* Omo!! You're burning up!!! You've got a fever oppa!

Sungjae: I do...?

Joy: Why didn't you say anything when you were this sick??

Sungjae: I'm fine... I just need a little rest...

Joy: You've been pushing yourself too hard lately! You barely got any sleep at all this past week... It's no wonder you're sick!

Sungjae: I'm sure it'll go away in a few hours...

Joy: It better! Come on, sit up and have some food, you need to eat and you can't take meds on an empty stomach

Sungjae: I don't feel like eating...

Joy: You still have to, I bought you your favorite

Sungjae: What is it...?

Joy: Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup)

Sungjae: Mmm... I do like samgyetang~

Joy: Come on then, sit up

Sungjae: Alright...

 

Sungjae winced at the agonizing pain from his headache. Joy helped Sungjae sit up on the bed, then brought in the food with a small table. She blew on the soup to cool it down before feeding Sungjae a spoonful.

 

Sungjae: Oooh it tastes good~

Joy: *Chuckles* Even when you're sick you're still excited about food~

Sungjae: Chicken is the best, no matter when you're sick or healthy, chicken is still the best dish

Joy: *Continues feeding Sungjae* Then eat lots, you need food to keep your body strong

Sungjae: I wanna be a Chicken~

Joy: *Laughs in disbelief* What?? Why would you wanna be a chicken?

Sungjae: Because everyone loves chicken, no matter what age you are, you will always love chicken, and people will never stop loving chicken, so I wanna be loved for a long long time like a chicken~

Joy: Hahahaha that's hilarious!! What kind of twisted logic is that? 

Sungjae: *Grins* It's one of my ideas for a solo in my 326 project

Joy: What?? You're putting that into a song???

Sungjae: Yup, I pitched the idea and the composers are now writing a song on it for me

Joy: Daebak, no doubt you're Yook Jal Ddo!! (Yook Sungjae Handsome Weirdo)

 

After making sure Sungjae's stomach is filled, Joy fed him some flu medicine and tucked him back into bed.

 

Joy: Get some rest now, sleep is the best medicine

Sungjae: *In baby voice* Alright noona~

Joy: Aigoo my poor baby

 

Joy wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter