The Cold Hard Truth

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy: He me.

 

Tears welled up in Sungjae's eyes at once. Joy's words hit him like a bullet through his heart. It was like Sungjae's world froze in front of him. He had no idea how to process this information, but all he knew was his heart burned like hell. His panting gradually escalated. His fist slowly tightened. His eyes became redder and redder. He didn't even realize that he was trembling in anger. 

 

Joy: Oppa... Are you okay...? You don't look so good...

 

Sungjae takes a deep breath to control his emotions.

 

Sungjae: I'm okay, I'm okay... You go on

Joy: Well... When he was done... He told me to goto him whenever he wanted me to... So whenever he asked me to goto him, I did...

Sungjae: You did... Why...? Why would you...

Joy: Because he threatened me... He said that if I didn't listen to what he said, he would hurt you... He knew where you lived, he had your phone hacked... It would be a piece of cake for him to gain access to you... 

Sungjae: What?? You... You went... And you let him... Because of me??? What am I? Why do I even matter you fool!!

Joy: Of course you matter, you're everything to me... I was afraid he would hurt you... It was all I could do to make sure you're safe...

Sungjae: All you could do...?? Why didn't you come to me?? Why didn't you tell me??

Joy: How could I?? How could I oppa? How could I look you in the eye and tell you? Could you do it if it was the other way round?? I felt so cheap, so disgusting... I was so ashamed I couldn't even face you! 

 

Joy burst into tears as Sungjae held her tightly in his arms. Sungjae was speechless upon hearing Joy's words. He felt so useless for not knowing how much Joy has been suffering all this time. He felt like he deserved to die for letting her go through all this alone. 

 

Sungjae: So... You just... You kept going back...?

Joy: Yea...

Sungjae: So the time when you were rushing off all of a sudden...

Joy: Yea...

Sungjae: And you injured your shoulder because...

Joy: Yea...

Sungjae: And that's why you broke up with me... 

Joy: Yea...

Sungjae: And yesterday...?

Joy: Sometimes he also makes me entertain his VIP guests at his nightclub...

Sungjae: What??? You... So that's why, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter