The Red Mare

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks has passed since the last time Sungjae and Joy got to spend time together. Both of them have been incredibly busy. Sungjae’s schedule is completely filled up with preparations for BTOB’s comeback with Beautiful Pain and Master In The House filmings, while Joy is touring with Red Velvet non-stop from country to country. Although Joy is exhausted from the endless practicing and she’s glad her schedules do not leave her much free time, because singing and dancing was her best distraction. When she’s practicing her singing, rehearsing her dancing, or performing in front of the fans, she wouldn’t have time to think about what happened, nor would she have to worry about how to face Sungjae. Because of this, she has been working extra hard, despite injuring her arm. The Red Velvet members were aware that Joy was acting quite unusual, they notice that Joy seemed less cheerful than usual, like something was troubling her, she was always distant and distracted, occupied in her own thoughts. They were worried about her, but didn’t want to pry.

As they are currently working in different countries, Sungjae and Joy could only keep contact through video calls and text messages, but even so, Sungjae could sense that Joy’s condition was worsening, she was growing more and more distant, her replies were becoming more and more soulless. Sungjae was very concerned, but he managed to fight his urge to ask, because he knew that bringing it up would only make Joy even more upset. 

On a cloudy Monday, Sungjae was filming Master In The House with his hyungs. He constantly checked his phone whenever they took a break to see if Joy contacted him. His face fell every time he checked his phone and there was no news from Joy. 

 

She’s just busy, her concert in Singapore is tonight, of course she’s rehearsing, she wouldn’t have time to reply... I should just send her a message to wish her good luck... At least that’ll cheer her up

 

Sungjae quickly messaged Joy, put away his phone and resumed filming. 

Soon it was night time. They finally wrapped up filming for the day and was getting ready to lay out their sleeping bags. Sungjae pulled out his phone and saw a message from Peniel. 

 

“Sungjae-ah, did you see this?”

 

Below the message was a link to an article. The title of the article read “Red Velvet’s Joy rushed to the hospital in the middle of her concert”. Sungjae’s face became as white as a ghost. 

 

SeungGi: Yah Yook Sungjae, are you alright? Why do you look so pale? What is it? 

Sungjae: Huh...? Yea I’m fine... It’s just, Sooyoung... Joy, she... 

SeHyung: What is it? Did something happen?

Sungjae: I just saw an article saying she got rushed to the hospital in the middle of her concert...

SangYoon: Omo, is it serious...? Is she okay?

Sungjae: I... I don’t know

SeHyung: It’s probably no big deal, maybe she’s just not feeling well

Sungjae: But we’re idols... We never leave in the middle of a schedule unless something serious happened... It can’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter