The Birthday Surprise

You Are Not Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy stood alone in the dark livingroom, looking for Sungjae, calling for him. Just when Joy was about to grow worried, Sungjae pops out from the shadows with a mango cake in his hands.

 

Sungjae: SURPRISE!!!

 

Completely caught off guard, Joy squealed in shock. A smile dawned on her when she realizes this was a birthday surprise that Sungjae prepared for her. Sungjae lit up the candles on the cake then sang "Happy Birthday" to Joy. A cheerful smile filled her face as she happily clapped along. She clasped her hands together and squeezed her eyes shut as she made a wish, then proceeded to blow out the candles.

 

Joy: Aish what is this oppa? You really scared me just now!!! You almost gave me a heart attack!!

Sungjae: Well it's 12:00, so it's officially September 3rd~ I just have to celebrate your birthday with you on your actual birthday!

Joy: Aww that's so sweet... You're definitely the first person to celebrate my birthday with me this year~

Sungjae: Try the cake, I made it myself, it's a mango cake for my Mango Sooyoung~

Joy: You made it? Really?

Sungjae: Yup, I learnt how to make a cake just for you! You know I've never been much of a cook... Do you know how many cakes I had to make until I finally succeeded with this one??

Joy: No way, really? You've gotta be lying~

Sungjae: All I ate for the past week was my failed cakes!!! If I gain weight, just know that it's because of you!!

Joy: Daebak!!! I need to get a photo of this~

 

Joy dug out her phone and took a bunch of selfies with Sungjae and the cake. They then devoured the cake in a matter of minutes.

 

Joy: It's better than what I expected~ You must be getting better at cooking oppa!

Sungjae: It's because I kept on making it until it was perfect!! You should've seen what a mess my kitchen was the past few days!!

Joy: Wait, does that mean on your birthday I have to make you a Kiwi cake since you're my Kiwi Sungjae?

Sungjae: A kiwi cake?? Is that even a thing? What would that taste like?

 

The time and effort Sungjae spent into preparing for Joy's birthday deeply touched her heart. She could feel his love and sincerity from the way he treated her. She expressed her gratitude with a heartfelt kiss. 

 

Joy: I have to go now, thanks for everything today~ 

Sungjae: Already? Can't you just stay the night? It's quite late now

Joy: I told the unnies I'd be back tonight, so I have to go back to the dorm, plus I've got schedules tomorrow too

Sungjae: Alright, at least let me take you back then, it's far too late for you to go home on your own

 

A taxi was conviniently parked in front of the sidewalk. Sungjae and Joy climbed onto the taxi and headed back to Red Velvet's dorm. Sungjae stole a glance at the suspicious looking driver. He was wearing a black fisherman hat and a mask. The driver seemed strange to Sungj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter