9 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the past few days Sehun watched her from a distance, enough to give him a clear sight but remain hidden. What he saw gave him an unsettled feeling. Hana was less than what she was. Her smiles didn’t reach her eyes, her laughter was muted and what was startling was her aversion to skinship. Before, he saw how she was opened to some skinship with her guy friends; the occasional pats or arm around the shoulder or he even saw how she held onto her guy friend's arm in a show of friendly affection. But now, Sehun observed that she shied away from the guys who were her close friends, keeping a safe distance whether they were seated or while standing together. There is a clear space between her and a guy. She seems to have developed a knack for creating a barrier.

“Hey.”

Sehun turned towards his best friend who had joined him at the bench in the garden. Returning the greeting, Sehun turned back to Hana, who had picked up her books and waved off her friends. When she was no longer in sight, he ce again towards Jongin who had quietly observed him. He waited for the impending question.

“What’s up with you? I thought you don’t want to have anything more to do with her. But I’ve seen you watch her moves all week.”

Pinching his nose bridge, he thought of how Hana has occupied his mind since last Friday, when she ran off in fear. Closing his eyes, he sighed heavily.

“You know, about me and Hana sleeping together..” he started, his voice low and soft.

“Yeah, what about that? You still hang up on that even though you’ve been with other girls recently?” Jongin asked. Sehun has been picking girls that seems less experienced and more innocent that his usual fare since his time with Hana.

“Well.. I gave her something actually…”

After a couple of minutes of silence, he turned to look at jaw slackened Jongin. Never in Jongin’s mind that Sehun would need to use drug to get a girl to sleep with him.

“You knocked her out?” he spluttered in shock.

Sehun shook his head. “Just something to alleviate her inhibitions and make her, you know..get her in the mood. Just a little bit.”

“God Sehun! What’s wrong with you? We never have to force anyone to sleep with us.” Jongin was really spooked. They have too many girls after them, so he really couldn’t comprehend Sehun’s action. “You did this because of the bet??”

Releasing a frustrated breath, Sehun run his fingers through his hair. On hindsight, he recognized it was all due to his inflated ego. “She was friendly but never going to go beyond a casual friendship. She’s just not that type of girl.” He knew that it was a lame excuse for his action.

“And you chose to drug her to win the bet? God, for someone so smart, you are such a dumb-. We could have just forgo the bet.”

Not denying the truth, Sehun remained silent. Forgoing the bet would simply means a couple of weeks of ribbing from his friends, probably an expensive dinner or two or even giving up a couple of his limitless clothes to Baekhyun. All that will cost him barely anything. He admitted that he has let his ego run amok.

Jongin noticed the crease on his bestie’s forehead and the guilt on his face. It was a face that he has never seen on Sehun before. Deciding not to pummel in further when he saw Sehun’s realisation of his stupid action, he decided to focus on resolving the issue. “Is she going to press charges? You know Jimin can sort it out for you,” he pointed out.

Sehun shook his head.

“She’s blackmailing you then?” Jongin asked in surprised. Inspite of his limited interaction, Jongin didn’t think that Hana was that kind of person.

“No, no, no. I had expected her to come running in anger when she realized what happen. I was prepared to do give her anything but she didn’t even do that. I think she tried to avoid me instead,” Sehun explained.

“So what’s the problem?”

He rested his head in his hands and closed his eyes. “I think she’s traumatized,” Sehun whispered, guilt gnawing at him. “Remember last Friday when she ran off? I saw fear and panic in her eyes. I swear I really didn’t think that she will be that badly affected.”

Jongin blinked furiously. If it is true, he really felt sorry for the girl. “Are you sure? She was there for just a moment. You could be wrong.” It was a real screw up.

“I’ve been watching her. And you know I had observed her closely before when I was trying to figure out how to get to her. She’s different now. She is less lively, she doesn’t join her friends as often and, I saw her either jumped or moved away whenever her guy friends get close to her.”

“Damn!” Jongin cursed. “What are you going to do now?”

“I don’t know. I don’t think she wants to see me either,” he replied.

“Do you really need to do anything? She’s avoiding you, not pressing charge nor is she blackmailing you. She’s probably trying to put it behind her,” Jongin pointed out.

Closing his eyes, he thought of what Jongin said. He could just wait it out. Taking his phone out, he stared at the photo of that night. Sehun had been staring at it since last Friday. He remembered how he had felt calm and at peace watching the serenity on her face. And he had repaid it by taking that peace from her.

“I really don’t know..” For once in his life, he felt lost.

 

“No.. Don’t.. please don’t..”

Gasped.

Hana woke up startled. When she realized that she was in her own bed, she heaved a sigh of relief. Wiping off the cold sweat on her temple, she picked up the glass of water on her bedside table. She’s been terrorized by nightmares every night affecting her sleep.

“Hey Hana,” Wendy approached her carefully. Since Hana seems to panic if surprised recently, Wendy has been treading carefully around her best friend.

Hana smiled gently and put her arm around Wendy’s waist for a side hug. She knew Wendy is worried about her even though she has tried to not let her friends see the changes in her. A few times Wendy looked at her with concern when she was startled. Hana hoped that given time, she can really put it behind her.

They approached the three guys that were chatting at the atrium. Wendy went up to Junmyeon and planted a soft kiss on his cheek.

“Did you tell them about the picnic?” she asked her boyfriend, who had wrapped one of his arms around her waist.

“Yes, we are ok. Hana?” Kyungsoo replied.

“Hmm..” she murmured. Wendy has spoken to her the night before about going on a picnic that weekend. “Next time?”

“Com’on, its not the same without you,” Jongdae pleaded.

Wendy tugged Hana’s hand. “Babe, you can’t leave me alone with the guys only. You have to come.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter