11 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll take responsibility. I’ll be your boyfriend.”

 

There was silence. Hana’s eyes widened in shock. Within seconds, anger took over and her eyes blazed with fury.

“Are you done making fun of me?” she shouted.

“I’m not.”

“What next then? Are you going to to propose to me?” She clenched her fist as she tried to stem the frustration that is overflowing. She could not belief the gall he had.

“God, girl. You are moving too fast,” he smirked.

Hana almost exploded. How could he still joke about this! she fumed inwardly.

“Wait.. calm down. I’m not making fun of you Really,” he tried to reassure her when noticed her reaction. Seeing that she is still upset, he continued.

“If I’m your boyfriend, its ok that we had . Its natural..” he pointed out. She shook her head and blinked furiously, still not understanding his explanation. “And it would protect your reputation.”

“I don’t need your protection. And who are you to assume that I will necessarily sleep with my boyfriend if I have one,” she retorted.

“That boyfriend would be a dunce if he doesn’t want to sleep with his girlfriend!”

“I didn’t say my boyfriend doesn’t want. I may not want!”

“Since I’m your boyfriend, no way Jose that you wouldn’t want to sleep with me,” he arrogantly bragged.

Rolling her eyes, she could not believe that she had like such an overbearing and conceited jerk. No matter how horrifying the experience had been, the positive outcome is that she has come to her sense. And she was not going to waste her time entertaining his wild idea.

“I’m not interested!” she walked away.

Striding quickly, Sehun blocked her path. He lowered his head to catch her eyes.

“You know it makes sense. I let others know we are dating. Then no one would say that you are..” Sehun couldn’t find the right word without offending Hana. Baekhyun had told him how campus’ gossip has been rife about Hana being dumped after sleeping with him. And it was extra vicious because the rumour included that Hana had rejected the other guys because she wanted to sink her claws on him. Normally, he doesn't care about gossips. But Hana, she didnt deserve to get her reputation tarnished. She is a decent girl.

“Thank you but no thanks. I can handle my life,” Hana glared at him.

“Com’on. You know it will help,” Sehun pushed. Of course, it would help. Its him, the hottest guy on campus. Which girl doesn’t want to be known as Sehun’s girlfriend. Just being associated with him will make her popular. Being known as his girlfriend, well well well. He is certain it will accord her priviliges and protection. She just doesn't know it. Yet.

“I’m not interested in dating you,” Hana barked out.

Sehun smiled indulgently which irked Hana even more. Closing her eyes, she took deep breaths to calm herself down.

“Please Sehun, just leave me alone.”

“Say yes.”

“Sehun, please..” Hana felt tired and deflated. She doesn’t have the energy to fight with him.

Noticing Hana had calmed down, he took a step forward. Immediately Hana stumbled back and raised her eyes in panic.

“What are you doing? Go away,” she cautioned.

Sehun narrowed the space between them, his eyes intensely on her. Her hearts began to beat rapidly, her panic building up but her legs refused to turn and run. “Stop..” wrapping her arms around her body, she whispered hoarsely.

Stopping at her command, his eyes imprisoned hers. “Let me do this. Trust me.”

Trust? She scoffed internally. Every single fibre in her body would not trust him ever again. But she was exhausted arguing with Sehun. When he set his mind, trying to change it seemed like just talking to a brick wall. So she just stared at him in frustration.

Recognizing that the conversation was at its tail’s end, Sehun shrugged.

“Shall I send you home?”

“No, thank you.”

Hana walked towards the bus stop, ignoring Sehun who was next to her. At the bus stop, she angled her body away from him, focusing on looking out for the bus. Accepting the silent treatment, Sehun waited by her side. He didn't mind. He knew that she will need time to warm up to the idea. When the bus arrived, he waited for her to get on it, and just before she stepped on board, he tugged her jacket.

“I see you at school, girlfriend!”

Resting against his heels, he watched her clambered angrily up the bus and sat furthest away from where he stood, with her head turned away. Chuckling at her reaction, he finally walked to his car after the bus has driven off, feeling satisfied that he had made the necessary amends.

 

Listening to Jongdae bickering with Wendy, Hana could not help the smile that was forming on her face. Its been weeks since she had felt relaxed hanging out with her friends and it is all because there was no more pretense. Wendy have told the boys that she was not ready to share and the guys were cool about it, assuring her that they don’t need to know.

“Hana, you decide.” Wendy and Jongdae trained their eyes on her, both beseeching for her support

“Err..” she wasn’t keen to be part of their squabble. “I plead the fifth?” she answered sheepishly.

“Hana!” Both Jongdae and Wendy cried out.

“Hey Hana,” a lower octave voice was heard among the shrill cries.

Hana, together with Jongdae and Wendy snapped their heads towards it. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo lifted their head from their books to the unwelcome sound.

Sehun stood tall, as if he just stepped out from GQ Korea cover. Wearing a light blue ripped jeans that moulded ily his strong and lean legs, a contrasting dark hoodie that looked extremely soft, he stood a few feet away with his friends. He was smiling, a slow and easy smile that, together with the fringe flopping over one of his eyes, makes him look much younger, like someone out of high school. An extremely hot high schooler.

However, all that was lost on Hana. she was affected just by his close presence. Holding onto Sehun’s gaze, Hana stared back blankly.

“I was looking for you at lunch earlier. You didn’t have lunch?”

“Why were you looking for her?” Wendy intercepted.

Sehun eyes shifted towards Wendy momentarily before returning back to Hana.

“I wanted to eat with you.”

Wendy scoffed. Loudly.

“Why on earth would she want to eat with you?”

Wendy's loud voice shook Hana's from her daze. At a touch of Hana’s finger on her arm, Wendy turned towards her best friend. Hana shook her head slightly, asking Wendy to calm down. But Wendy could not take it. She had been furious since she heard from Hana, and her anger had not been appeased. His presence, looking all innocence, infuriated her further.

“Is he being stupid or presumptuous to think that you would have lunch with him?”

Hana just gave her an assuring smile, her fingers pressing a little bit harder. She was worried that in Wendy’s anger, she may spill out more than she should. Unintentionally.

She turned towards the group. She noticed Chanyeol and Baekhyun were watching her intensely while Jongin did not seem interested in the conversation.

“I don’t,” her voice caught in . Taking a breathe, her words were loud and crystal clear, she repeated it. “I don’t want to eat with you.”

Instead of being annoyed or frust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter