5 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The basketball team was having dinner at a cafe after their training. Sehun was listening to Namjoon talking about the top player from the team from Korean University whom they were meeting in the next game. Turning around due to a nudge from Jongin who sat beside him, Sehun's eyes followed Jongin's until it landed on a group of girls that were giggling and obviously making eyes at their table. Leaning back so that his mouth is near to Sehun's, he softly chuckled. "I'm not too tired. I call on dibs on the one in the short leather skirt."

His eyes scanned on each girl, looking for one that strikes his fancy before landing on a pair of eyes that were staring directly at him, as if challenging him. The girl was wearing a very low cut top that shows off her ample top. Sehun couldn't see the lower part of her body as she was blocked by her friends who were seated in the outer circle, but he had enough view to know she would be enough. "Ok, I'm going for the red head. Now?"

"Relax. Don't be greedy. They came in after us. Lets finish our dinner."

Namjoon, whose conversation was interrupted, had listened in on the conversation. Catching hold of Sehun's attention again, he asked curiously. "I thought you are interested in Hana." He had heard the rumours swirling on campus.

"I am," Sehun replied.

Confused, Namjoon looked across to the group of girls and then back at Sehun. "But.. the red head?"

Raising his eyebrow, Sehun asked back, "Yeah. So?"

Namjoon was speechless. He knew that Sehun is a player. But he had thought he would go for one girl at a time, not chasing after one while sleeping with another. He leaned back against his chair as he tried to process it. Heechul who realised that Namjoon, a junior did not know the extent of a player Sehun and Jongin are, leaned in and whispered. "They are of a different level. They are opened about what they are doing because the girls still wants them despite of it."

 

The sky was blue with the sun shining brightly, warming the ground. Winter is almost behind them and Spring is just around the corner. The weather was perfect for a picnic and Hana, Wendy, Jongdae and Junmyeon are seated around the table in the school garden are more than happen to be able to bask under the sun.

"Ooohh... That looks good," Jongdae gushed as Hana open the container of sandwiches and kimbab. He his lips in anticipation as his eyes feasted on the scrumptions food.

Junmyeon nodded. Wendy does cook for him occasionally but he was more hands on in the kitchen then his girlfriend. Mindful of his girlfriend's feelings, his compliments were more subdued. "That does look good Hana."

But Wendy could not hide her excitement. Rubbing her hands together, she smiled at her best friend and beaming, asked. "Do we really have to wait for Kyungsoo?"

Chuckling at the expectant face, Hana nodded. 

Craning her neck, she looked out for Kyungsoo and a smile broke out when she saw him walking out to the garden with their drinks in hand.

After a few minutes while everyone digging in, satisfactions oohs and aahhs could be heard. When the initial hunger has been appeased, Jongdae was finally able to start a conversation.

"We've been friends for quite some time, why was this the first time we get to taste your excellent cooking?"

Wiping quickly, Hana raised her head and saw her friends looking at her expectantly. She knew they probably thought that there must have been some great epiphany that happened yesterday for this unexpected treat. Honestly, there wasn't. She was at the supermarket shopping for groceries and was planning menu for the week to prepare when she thought of making a little bit extra for her friends. The term test was over and she was free from studying.

"Just because..." she smiled at her friends. At the disbelief looks on her friends, she reassured them. "Really, I just felt like it."

"Well, I hope there are more times when you feel like it then." Junmyeon said hopefully. The others laughingly agreed.

While enjoying their lunch, the group of friends chatted. Jongdae was excitedly telling them that since he joined the special training group, there may be a real chance he gets to play at the next home game. "At least for one quarter," he hoped.

"I'll come and watch if you do get to play," Hana assured him that she will keep her promise.  The game is usually on a Friday night and it is her work night. Looking at her friend's face, she would want to support him on his first game. She was sure she can get her manager, Minseok to allow her to start later that night.

Hearing the clearing of the throat, Hana turned towards Kyungsoo. She caught him darting eyes at both Junmyeon and Jongdae before looking awkwardly at her. 

"How are you and Sehun?"

"Huh?"

"Is he still paying attention to you?" Kyungsoo asked hesitantly.

Hana shook her head. After the cafetaria incident, he seems to appear around her everyday, sometimes, a few times a day. And he would call her gorgeous and pass some annoying remarks. Initially she retorted back his unwelcome compliments or teasings, but after a few days, she was too annoyed that she decided to ignore him instead. Hana has no lofty idea that he was really interested in her. The gossips that surrounded her because of his attention also included how he was still hooking ups at the same time. That fact, fortunately tone down the gossips and it was coming to its quick death. 

"But he expressly indicated his interest in you, or calling dibs on you at training," Jongdae blurted out.  The guys had also noticed the halt in attention from Sehun. Hence Jongdae was surprised when Minhyuk from the basketball team approached Sehun after a game to confirm that he is no longer pursuing Hana. But Sehun was quick to shot it down, claiming Hana as his. He had discussed with the guys and decided to let Hana knows. "He told the guys to let everyone knows that."

Hana was surprised. Before she could gather her thoughts, Wendy chimed in. "When? Last Friday's training?" At the nod from Jongdae, she turned to Hana. The two girls exchanged looks. They had thought it was over because Sehun stop appearing since Wednesday. "But we also heard he is still hooking up..." Wendy expressed the thought that the girls had shared when they concluded earlier.

At Jongdae's shrug, Hana sighed. Sehun does plan on making her a stupid toy for him to play with. Not wanting to worry over something she won't let happen to herself, she made up her mind. "Oh well, at least I know what type of person he is. On a positive note, at least I don't need to find a fake boyfriend anymore. Let he do whatever it is, I'm prepared," she smiled at her friends.

 

Across the garden, the said guy has been watching the group's interaction especially hers keenly. His friends have been teasing him for the lack of progress in the dare but Sehun had ignored the ribbing and teasing. He had enj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter