14 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes fluttered open. Blinking as she attempts to orientate herself in the unfamiliar environment. Although it was dark, she groggily noted that she was facing what is likely a window that had the -out curtain drawn. Her body is resting against a mattress that are too comfortable and luxuriously soft bed linen. The strangeness befuddled Hana. A dream, her subconsciousness must have wanted some pampering, she concluded tiredly before closing her eyes again.

Shrouded under a soft blanket, Hana felt warm and well rested. She stretched her arms, gradually awakening from the best sleep she has had in many, many months. Way even before that ill-fated night. As awareness slowly dawned on her, she realized from the sliver of light that had peeked from under the drawn curtain, that this was not her bedroom. And there was an arm thrown over her waist. Her eyes popped open and she grew instantly alert, as if a huge bucket of ice was poured over her sleepy head. Oh my god, oh my god. No, no, no.. she cried silently inside, squeezing her eyes tight. Heart racing, she tried to remember what happened the previous night. She remembered Chanyeol’s approach in school to take care of Sehun; of her wiping him down; feeding him porridge and medicine. But she was very certain that she went back to the dining table to review the test paper that she received earlier in the day.  How did she end up in his bed, she panicked? She needs to get out of there.

Opening her eyes for the third time that morning, she realized that her back was resting against his chest and her body was enveloped within his arms. She could feel the steady rice and fall of his chest and the heat of his warm body. Her cheeks heated. How can she be so foolish to put herself in the same position again.

Hana’s body stiffen when Sehun stirred and his hand on her waist tightened slight, pulling her closer. Eyes widened, she froze at his touch as her heart started hammering painfully. Her breathing was all over the place, sweats popped out across her brow and her chest tightens. Her body tightened and trembled, is seizing up in panic. Any wisps of sleepiness vanish and she is wide awake.

In sheer terror, her brain zapped with energy. Immediately, it focus on how to extract herself from the position without waking him up. Hana is certain she does not want to face Sehun in their compromising position while he was awake. Forcing herself to take a few breaths through her diaphragm, Hana tried to calm down. After gaining some composure, she wiggled slowly. Holdings her breath, she tried to slide out from under his arms but her shirt seems to be twisted and caught on something. Squinting through the dark, she tried to figure out how to pull it loose before a sudden clarity came onto her… Wait, her shirt stuck? A glance down to her body reassured her that she was fully attired in the clothes she wore yesterday. A peek at Sehun’s arm that are on her side was a relief as he was also covered. Sinking back into the soft mattress, Hana breathed out a comforted sigh. Her heartbeat slow down when it became clear that nothing nefarious had happened.

Even then, the last thing she wants was to wake Sehun. She has to figure out how to extract herself from his hold. Though nothing untoward had happened, she was still in Sehun’s bed, in his arms. She can’t believe she allowed this to happen. She would die if he woke up while they are in this position.

Gingerly she picked his arm off her body but it was heavy, like a deadweight. She tried wiggling away but he grunted and tightened its clutch on her waist. Her fingers pried his hand from her waist but instead it turned and gripped her hand.

“Sleep. It’s still early,” his husky voice is groggy, gritty with sleep. For once Hana was glad the room is dark because she could feel the heat flooding her face again. If she felt it warmed earlier, its downright burning now. She must be in mottled tomato red, not her best colour. Damn it, she gave her head a shake, she shouldn’t care about her looks in the middle of this embarrassing moment.

“Let me go,” she squeaked.

“Never.” Was his short and firm answer.

“Sehun..”

“Just sleep a bit more. You are still tired,” he pacified.

“I.. I..” she gulped. Uncomfortable and embarrassed to be in his bed, she needs to leave it pronto. She needs the distance between them. “I need to go to the bathroom,” she whispered. There was a pregnant pause, before Sehun released her and rolled onto his back. Before he could say anything, Hana hopped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. Sehun chuckled.

Glancing towards the side table, the clock showed that it was already 8.35. But he continue to lay on his bed with his arm thrown over his eye as he thought of the night before.

It wasn’t his intention to be cuddling with Hana. Seeing her sleeping awkwardly on the dining table, he wanted her to be more comfortable. Although he has a guest bedroom, it never occurred to him to put her there. Even after he placed her on one side of the bed, he had made sure that he slept on the other, giving sufficient space between them in his large king size bed. He doesn’t do cuddle, never have. He usually needs a little space after the y time. He is in it for the release, which was made crystal clear to every girl, and not entanglements. And cuddling, is intimacy which will create unwanted expectation and messiness.

Weirdly, it seems his body had other idea. And Sehun doesn’t understand it. Instead of being repulsive and pushed the body away like it usually does when there are attempts from other girls before, he had pulled her closer. For reason he has yet to decipher, his physical being likes holding her in his arm, loves the feel of her body and how she fits against him, like a piece of a long missed jigsaw puzzle. Acknowledging that Hana is an enigma that his mind could not wrap around yet, Sehun rose from his bed. Standing outside the bathroom, he knocked on the door.

“Hey Hana, you can shower, if you want. There is extra toothbrush in the right drawer. Use whatever you need. I’ll put a shirt on the door knob. Let me know if you need anything else. Take your time, I will use the other bathroom.”

Sehun waited but there was no response. “Hana, did you hear me?”

“Yes.” The embarrassed response came back. “Thank you,” it squeaked.

Moving quickly to his closet, Sehun picked his clothes and a tee shirt for Hana. There is a high chance that Hana will make a run for it and he has to be done if he wants to keep her with him a little bit longer.

 

When she appeared in the dining room to pack her bag, Sehun was leaning against the kitchen counter drinking coffee. He was dressed in a plain light blue tee that stretched across his chest and jeans that show off his long legs. His hair, still damped was tousled casually giving him a slightly roguish look. Her cheeks warmed when she remembered that not even an hour ago, she shared his bed in his arms. And when her gazed caught up with his, she noticed his eyes trailing her, watching her movements silently. Her face was set ablaze. Averting her eyes, Hana hoped she didn’t look ridiculous. Though her jeans was still decent after sleeping in it, her top was creased badly. Therefore, she had to wear his t-shirt that was way too big and she looked like a drowned rat. To salvage the situation, she had twisted the lower end to the side to the big shirt to give it some shape against her small frame. It has looked presentable in her eyes earlier but, under his scrutiny she became doubtful. Sehun always dressed fashionably in expensive clothes. Even now, in a plain tee and jeans, he looks as if he was on the cover of some magazine. Beside him, she felt the jarring class difference. Damn it, she gave her head a quick shake. “Who cares what he thinks. Don’t be distracted,” she warned herself.

When the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter