12 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, it doesn’t seem to be dying down,” Wendy let out an exasperated sigh as they walked into the cafeteria. The usual noise has quietened down to a whispered buzz, with eyes turned towards them, specifically at Hana. It’s been two weeks since words got around that Hana and Sehun are dating. The news that Sehun, the eligible, rich playboy is now in a relationship, has rocked the campus. Many girls were disappointed but there are still many others that were curious or jealous at the unlikely pairing. Beside a pretty face, Hana was nothing like the girls Sehun likes. She dressed simply, barely any makeup and has none of the iness that would attract someone like Sehun. It was no surprise then, some has shared opinions, Sehun still continues with his hook ups.

 

A few of the rumors have been more vicious; Sehun dates Hana because she is knocked up; they have an open relationship, or that Hana is so desperate to sink her claws into Sehun that she is willing to close her eyes to his philandering ways.

 

Hana was initially just annoyed by the rumours but believed that eventually people will realise the absurdity of their coupling. First, they were never seen together. She had avoided Sehun but steering away from her usual hang outs, choosing instead to work at the library or go home early. Her friends understood and often found ways to help her avoid Sehun. Kyungsoo often sends Hana home or to work. And secondly, Sehun continued hookups. How could they be together when Sehun is still going around sleeping with girls he picks up at the club, openly. Yet, people chose to gossip about the scandalous state of their relationship instead of doubting it. She knows this is because Baekhyun continue to hype up their non-existent relationship.

 

“It’s annoying,” Hana grumbled as she placed her tray of food on the table and sat down.

 

“The students here sure love to gossip. I don’t know why they cannot accept that it cannot possibly be the truth! The two of you are never together. You denied it so many times. He is still sleeping around. What more do they need for the truth to slap them in their faces?” Wendy growled, giving a stinky eye at a couple of freshmen whose eyes rested on Hana as they walked pass.

 

With her elbows resting on the table, Hana rubbed her temple. She had not had much sleep, partly because she was up studying the past few nights for a couple of mini tests. The marketing courses are difficult and she is struggling through it. Although she tried to let the gossips wash over, it still took a lot of effort to ignore the looks (both envious and pitying ones) and the never ending whispers. She is also tired of playing this hide and seek game. She wants her life prior to Sehun back. With another huge sigh, she started on her plate of noodle. Wendy, sympathetic towards her best friend’s predicament, also silently started on her lunch.

 

“! Don’t raise your head. How does Dickhead know you are here?”

 

Groaning, Hana tried to calm down her heart that has started to pick up pace. She took a sip of her cold water, quick breaths and continued eating, hoping that Sehun didn’t noticed her. However, it was a slim hope. Even if Sehun did not know she was in the cafeteria before he entered, the whispered voices and pointed looks that descended once again in the cafeteria, ensured that he is aware of her presence the moment he stepped into it.

 

True enough, before she could finish her meal, he had sat down beside her. She focusses on her plate even though she could feel his eyes boring the side of her head, waiting for her to acknowledge him.

 

“Hey.” Sehun must have given up getting her acknowledgement.

 

“Hey,” her voice barely audible as she kept her eyes on her food.

 

“I’ve not seen you around much.”

 

Hana just murmured in acknowledgement.

 

“Are you avoiding me?”

 

Wendy snorted. Loudly. And earned a glare from Sehun. But Hana remained silent, quietly eating her food, wishing she could quickly inhale it and be gone. Far away from him. She was aware that Baekhyun, seated next to Wendy, was also observing her while he bite into his burger.

 

“You are working later, right? I’ll send you.”

 

“It’s ok. Kyungsoo will be sending me.”

 

“I’m sending you,” Sehun repeated firmly.

 

“No.”

 

“Hana,” Sehun was getting annoyed.

 

Wendy put down her chopstick.

 

“Can you leave her alone? She has made it clear that she has no interest in you. God, some people are just so thick headed!”

 

Sehun turned his attention to Wendy. “This is between me and Hana. Stay out of it,” he said coldly.

 

“I’m her bestfriend. I stay in it, mind you,” Wendy retorted.

 

“I’m her boyfriend!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter