1 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are so heartless," chided Wendy as she turned her head from the receding view of a dejected person.

Junmyeon kept his eyes on the book in front of him but placed his hand on his girlfriend's hand. "Leave it alone. You should have gotten used to it by now."

Turning to her boyfriend, she pouted at not getting his support. Junmyeon just chuckled and continued to focus on his work.

Hana raised her head from her book. Smiling at her best friend, she raised her eyebrows, "What do you want me to do? I am not interested. Tell me how should I reject any more kindly that I did just now."

Wendy sighed. There was nothing wrong with the rejection. Hana gave the guy a kind smile and told him that she is flattered by the attention but has no intention to date. She offered a friendship instead. This was her standard reply; some guys like Jongdae ended up as a good friend, while the others took it badly. But Wendy wants her bestfriend to open herself up to relationship. With her looks and personality, guys easily fall for her. But she is adamant that her only priority is school. It seems a pretty empty life to Wendy, someone who has been dating Junmyeon for more than two years. She wants Hana to have the kind of relationship that she and her boyfriend has, and she feels that that a boyfriend could provide the support and a place to lean on when times are hard. Something she felt that Hana would need at times.

"This is what, your 4th rejection since term started two months ago? How many more rejections will we see till end of the year?"

"Leave her alone Wendy. Can you get back to your work?" Kyungsoo said sternly.

Turning towards Kyungsoo and then back at Wendy who had looked upset at being scolded by their friend, she gave a placating smile. "Should I put a note on my forehead that says "I'm not interested"?"

"Or.. " Turning to Kyungsoo, she jokingly asked "Do you want to be my boyfriend? My fake boyfriend?"

Kyungsoo paused a moment from his writing. Junmyeon had also also stopped and stared at his bestfriend whom he knows has a secret crush on Hana. He waited for his reaction. 

"Does being your fake boyfriend let me kiss you?" he asked point blank, his eyes bored into Hana.

Hana giggled at what she thought was a joke. "Not a chance." and she nudged him playfully.

"Then why should I get involve in your problem?" he huffed and turned back to his work.

"Cause you are my friend!" Hana pointed out. "Aren't you, huh? Aren't you?" she poked at his shoulder teasingly.

Before Kyungsoo could respond, Jongdae dropped down onto the bench and exclaimed. "I heard you rejected Jungkook!"

Annoyed at the constant interruptions, Kyungsoo stood up and packed his bag. "I'm going to the library."

"What did I do?" Jongdae asked. He was hurt at what he deemed was an uncalled for rebuff.

Hana smiled and assured Jongdae it wasn't his fault. Since Jungkook approached Hana at the table in the school garden to confess, the table has not been quiet. They all know that Kyungsoo gets annoyed when his study time get disturbed.

"He is overly sensitive," Jongdae concluded.

"Hana asked him to be her fake boyfriend so that no one would confess to her anymore," Junmyeon stated quietly. Snapping his eyes at the Junmyeon, the two boys exchanged looks. "He asked if being a fake boyfriend, he gets to kiss her."

His eyes widened in surprised, Jongdae stuttered, "Wh.. wh..at?"

Hana just shook her hand. "He was just joking. Anyway I was also joking about having a fake boyfriend. It is just Wendy tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter