8 장

Hard to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cringing at the throb of her head when she opened her eyes, Hana breathed deeply. When her eyes came to focus, she realized she is in an unfamiliar room. Her senses slowly returned, and she felt a warm hand draped across her body. Fear struck. Her eyes trailed from the hand on her body to the connecting arms. She saw the back of someone’s head, someone sleeping face down, turned away.

Gasp! The blanket only covered the lower half of his body, the upper part was fair, showing a lean back rippled with muscle. Although she has never seen another man’s body, her gut immediately tells her who it belongs to. And with that moment of clarity, she knew without even looking that she was under the blanket too. She shut her eyes tightly, trying to erase what she had seen and calm the panic that had started to rise.

Reopening her eyes, she held her breath as the reality is staring in her face.  She knew she needed to get out of the place immediately. With a deep breath. she pushed her emotion aside. Wriggling slowly, she let the hand fell off her body naturally. Sehun stirred lightly from the movement but his light snore continued.

Shakily, she picked up her clothes from the floor and walked out of the bedroom to the adjoining sitting area. Pulling her clothes together quickly and roughly combed her hair with her fingers, she then picked up her bag on the table. She found a card beside it, and after a thought, she took it in case it is needed to take the elevator. She walked out silently from room, briskly leaving the hotel. Her mind was focused on getting herself home, not noticing anything else around her and not allowing her mind to think beyond the journey home. Because she was afraid, afraid that she could not hold back from the feeling she felt inside. Even when she reached home, her mind was focused on getting out of her clothes and washing herself off.

After stripping off the clothes quickly, Hana went to the shower but her eyes caught herself on the mirror at the sink next to the shower. She turned to look at herself and found a girl with messy hair, pale face and frightened eyes. The eyes lowered to find his marks on her neck, collarbone and her s. She swallowed hard and her lips trembled. Pulling away, she went to the shower and stood underneath the cascading water.

As the water pummeled down her head, Hana could no longer held back. A sob escaped and then another before the dam broke and her tears spilled over. Placing her hand against the wall for support, she cried and cried until she choked on her tears.

Amidst her tears, flashes of the night reappeared. Crouching on the floor with her eyes shut tight, she tried to block the scenes of her kissing him back passionately and of her, clutching on to him as he moved above her. Silently she whispered no again and again, trying to deny the memories.  And when the sounds of his grunts and her moans ringed through her ears, she put her hands tightly over it trying to block it out. But it refused to be silenced. Hana was keening and as she rocked herself to and fro trying to stop the the events of the nights from unfolding in her mind. She was crying so hard that she could barely catch her breath. Hana was devastated.

 

The morning sun streaked its ray into the room, warming up his body and rousing him from a satisfying sleep. He splayed his hands, reaching across the bed but found it cold. His eyes fluttered opened and he raised his head to turn to the other side of the bed. Though it wasn’t unexpected, Sehun felt disappointed that she was gone. Without checking if she was in the living area or the bathroom, he was certain that she had left the hotel suite.

He shifted and buried his face on the pillow she slept on and breathed in deeply her lingering scent. Most women he’s been with had sweet scent, but hers was intoxicating. Maybe because it was mixed with a unique freshness that make it refreshingly sweet, he chuckled to himself, just like the cranberry soda drink she had the previous night.

Turning to lay on his back, he reached out for the phone on the side table. Its 10.45 in the morning and the room was brightly lit because he didn’t draw the curtain close the previous night. The room was getting warm as the sun heat up the room. Inspite of it, he had rested exceptionally well. Unlocking the phone to check his messages, a photo that he took last night stared at him.

Before he slept, he had pulled her into his arms, adjusted the blanket on her such that it shows her upper back and a slight glimpse of the top of her so that the guys are convinced enough that she was underneath. He will not share the photo; he will just show it to the guys as proof as they had insisted.

As his eyes stared at the photo, he was reminded of how he felt with her snuggled in his arms. Initially, he felt strange. Usually when he was done with a girl, he either leave or slept on his side, not wanting further contact with girl. But the previous night, when he tried to pull his arm from under her head gently so as not to awake her, she had shifted in her sleep. Snuggling back into his chest, her hand lightly resting on his body. But as he processed this small being in his arms, seeking warmth from him, he ended spending minutes just gazing at her sleeping face.

Upclose, he noticed her delicately long lashes and the sharp and slightly upturned edge of her nose. And her luscious lips, bared of any lipstick or gloss, was pinkish and a temptress on its own.  It was so tempting even in her sleep that he could not resist a kiss. Watching the beautiful face exudes peace and innocence, and her soft breathing, he felt a sense of calmness. He caressed her soft cheeks, and then pulled her even closer into his arms. And that was how he finally fallen into a deep and restful sleep. In fact, during the night, when she had stirred and moved away from him to find another comfortable position, he had kept his arm over her body, this time he didn’t want her warmth to be taken away from him.

Clutching the phone to his chest, he wondered her reaction that morning when she woke up. He wondered how upset did she gets. But the fact that she did not raise an immediate ruckus upon realising that they had slept together meant that she wasn’t that angry. Would she report him? His gut feel that it was doubtful. She was probably surprised and embarrassed, hence had left. He’ll make it up to her, he promised himself to get her anything and everything she wants.

Realising that his reminiscing has left him with less than an hour to meet his friends for lunch, Sehun quickly got out of bed.

 

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongin were flipping the menu at Café Madang in Sinsadong while waiting for Sehun. Having decided on his lunch, Chanyeol placed it on the table and leaned back. The moment Baekhyun similarly sat back, he asked, “Did Sehun really do it?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “He left with her. Though someone mentioned that he saw them chatting at the balcony outside. So I don’t know. He didn’t come back. And he is sure taking his own sweet time getting here.”

Jongin put down his menu and rested his chin on his forearms. “Oh maybe that’s because she went home and he found someone else. Anyway, the devil is here. We can ask him.”

Immediately Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned towards the entrance and true enough, Sehun walked in with a swagger. But then, he always walks with that aloof confidence that only the heir of Oh Hotel Group could possess.

“Have you all decided?” he greeted them as he pulled out the chair beside Jongin. Seeing the nods from his friends, he signaled to the waiter who quickly got everyone’s order including Sehun’s usual.

The moment the waiter left, Baekhyun and Chanyeol leaned across the table. “So, did you?”

Smirking, Sehun took his time to pull out his phone from the pocket of his jacket. He pulled out the photo and placed his phone face up in the middle of the table. Immediately Chanyeol and Baekhyun rush to grab it. Sehun chuckled when Baekhyun cursed his short hand for failing to grab it first.

After a few moments, he passed the phone to Baekhyun. Chanyeol asked, “Did she know you took the photo?”

Sehun shook his head. “I took it when she was asleep. I’ll delete it after this.”

“Delete it now,” Chanyeol advised.

Sehun glanced at the sharp tone. Taking the phone that was now in Jongin’s hand, he pocketed it. Then he leveled his gaze at his friend. “I only took the photo for all of yours benefit. I will delete it.”

“Sehun, delete it now. It will be terrible for her if she knows you have it and worse still if it gets circulated,” Chanyeol softened his tone.

“I’m not a bastard. I won’t circulate the photo,” Sehun assured him. However, he is egoistic. He won’t delete it immediately just because that’s what Chanyeol instructed him too.

“How did you do it? How was it? You never like inexperienced girls. Or is she experienced, behind that innocent face?” Baekhyun asked excitedly. He is the one that had a personal interest in Hana.

“She is innocent,” his lips curled slightly. “And then.. she may have just changed my mind about innocent girls. They are great, in a different way.” He leaned back, a self-satisfied smile on his face.

“Woo.. she is that good huh?” Jongin slapped his bestie shoulder warmly. “Is that why you are so late? Did you have second round this morning?”

Sehun chuckled. “Naahh. I slept so well that I woke up late. She’s gone by the time I’m up. But yeah, I would miss this lunch for another round.”

Jongin guffawed and slapped his friend’s back. The waiter appeared with their food and the guys enjoyed their meal in silence for a moment.

“So what now, are you keeping her since she is so good?” Baekhyun asked ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter